“Poor manager”

Ranked #15 of 20 Hotels in Provo
Seattle, Washington
“Poor manager”
Reviewed July 24, 2013 via mobile

The manager was rude from the moment I call to the moment we left. When we paid for the room, the manager took the card and throw it back to us. The rest of the staff were polite and considerate. I would not stay there again even if it was free.

• Stayed July 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Reviewed July 23, 2013

This property was recently a neglected La Quinta. The new owners are here 12+ hours a day making it happen. They are in the midst of a complete remodel . The location of this place is untouchable and what it currently lacks in beauty is quickly made up by the staff and there willingness to help! I stayed here 2 weeks and even in my time here could see the progress coming along. I will definitely stay here next time in provo and am looking forward to seeing it blossom! You can't possibly beat the value of this kind of location.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank TawnMiller
sam m, General Manager at Super 8 Provo Byu Orem, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Dear TawnMiller,

Thank you for staying with us at the Super 8 Provo, we are so happy you enjoyed your stay with us. Your great review is sincerely appreciated. My staff and I would love to be your hotel of choice for future trips to Provo.

Best Regards,

Sam M.
West Valley
Reviewed July 21, 2013

This place was very dirty and not very well kept up. Everything from the broken ice machine to the filthy walls and carpets in the hallway.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Travelers are raving about these Provo hotels

West Jordan, Utah, United States
Reviewed July 21, 2013

I need to list the things wrong with this place...
1. Front desk gentleman was very unfriendly and hard to understand.
2. Hairdryer in room almost caught my hair on fire. The coils inside were orange, not black like they are supposed to be. They could have cooked an egg on them.
3. Jacuzzi was not working. there was sign saying it was under repair yet it had about 20" of green water and mold in it and a pair of open scissors sitting at the bottom.
4. I was on the second floor. The ice machine was "under repair" so I had to take the stairs to the first floor to get ice because there is no elevator at the motel.
5. There is no elevator at the motel.
6. There was some sort of device that looked like a security camera or sensor in the corner of our room, about a foot down from the ceiling. When I first walked in the room, there was a washcloth over it, I removed the washcloth to see what was under it and that's what I saw. Very strange. I put the washcloth back over it. I had no idea what it was.
7. Drawer knobs were missing from the drawers.
8. The wi-fi in the rooms did not work. I needed it badly. I chose this motel over others because it advertised in room wi-fi.
9. The air conditioning units are old and it took forever to get the room cool and stay cool. it had to stay on all the time and was noisy.

This Motel is in need of an overhaul. I felt like I was staying in a downtrodden. backstreets, back alley motel. It was not worth the money I paid for the room at all. I would never recommend this to anyone. I'm surprised it has gotten the ratings it has.

Room Tip: I have no good tips. The room I stayed in was terrible.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Robyn C,

We are very sorry to hear that and are pleased to inform you are that we are working hard to improve all the things you have mentioned. Thank you for leaving your honest opinion.

We hope you will try us again next time you're in the area.

Sam M.