“service with a smile”

Super 8 Provo Byu Orem
Ranked #15 of 20 Hotels in Provo
Reviewed January 25, 2013

When I was staying here at this particular location I checked into my room and while I was in there one of the bulbs burnt out in one of the lamps. I then called down and talked to a woman by the name of shawni about the situation and I was blown away by how fast thier maintience man came and fixed the problem that afternoon. Thank you.

Room Tip: The super 8 in provo by BYU is and excellent place to book a room.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
sam m, General Manager at Super 8 Provo Byu Orem, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2013

Dear Valerie R,

I appreciate your review of the hotel.It is always nice to feel appreciated for our efforts. We look forward to hosting you in the future.

Shani Malalage.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

The room was clean and the location was great. Hotel staff was approachable and helpful.

However, the smoke detector was ripped out of the wall! Is this leagal? The room had quite a smell to it, reminisent of cigarette smoke. Even with all the lights on, the room was fairly dark. The bathroom really needed attention. There were cracks in the wall between construction panels and the bathtub had been scrubbed through the finish to what appeared to be the fiberglass base. Also, there was only a small amount of toilet paper in the bathroom so we had to go to the front desk to ask for more. The size of the TV was very good but TV stations were all low definition, expected something better.

That said, the price was pretty good. Then again, for a few dollars more one can stay in a a hotel that seems to be kept up better.

Review collected in partnership with Super 8
sam m, General Manager at Super 8 Provo Byu Orem, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2013

Thank you for leaving this feedback. We are always striving to improve all aspects of the hotel and appreciate feedback to help us accomplish that goal.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

I just wanted to thank the employees at this super 8. I have stayed here before and this time i stayed i felt really welcome. When I got there the management was very helpful in making sure that I got the right room to fit my needs. When I went in the room it was very clean and I was very happy about that. when I woke up the next morning and went to enjoy some wonderful breakfast I noticed all the employees working really hard to together to get what needed to be done to better serve us "The Guest."
I really like the renovation they have done to the pool room it was really nice.
Over all it was an awesome expirence. I really appriciate their hard work and dedication.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo

Dear Krista L,

Thank you for choosing the Super 8 BYU for your stay in Provo.We are happy you enjoyed your stay with us.We hope you will return soon, Please email or call if I can be of assistance to you in future plans to stay in the area. Again.thank you!

Reviewed January 21, 2013

my third time , & i never have a problem or complain rooms are clean every day , good service iam goin back on april one more time ,manager very friendly make you fell welcome
every time , hotel restaurant very clean lots of food options fast service on front desk easy in & out if you have a ? there an answer & solution to any situation

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
sam m, General Manager at Super 8 Provo Byu Orem, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2013

Dear Cesarb B,

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Super 8 BYU Provo and can't wait to have you come back again.Please email or call me if I can be of assistance in making future reservation in Provo. Thank you for choosing the Super 8 BYU Provo.

Reviewed January 12, 2013

The best things going for this hotel is that it is close to the BYU campus and its cheap. The low rates are predictive of the quality of stay.
The shower is either HOT or COLD - hard to get balanced. Shampoo was not replenished daily and the sheets and blankets for the hide-a-bed we used for only the first night remained in a heap on the couch during the remainder of our 3-day stay.
The AC unit fan ran constantly; settings were either low or high - Heat or Cool or Off.
Breakfast was adequate but the staff kept opening the door to the outside keeping it too cold and drafty inside.
The electronic key didn't always work on the back door and had to be inserted several times in the room before it worked.
The old yearbooks were wonderful as were the photos of BYU over the years.
If low cost is the primary factor for your stay, this is the place!

Room Tip: Old Yearbooks and photos in the hall were wonderful.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
sam m, General Manager at Super 8 Provo Byu Orem, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2013

Dear N E,

Thank you for your recent stay with us at Super 8 Provo Utah. I am sorry to hear of your recent disasppointment.

Upon receipt of your review, the following steps were taken:

*Housekeeping received additional training in the level of cleanliness required of them as our employees.

*Maintenance was informed of your report of not working AC , Heater and the shower to look into the matter and see to any necessary replacement or repair.

*Maintenance was informed regarding the electronic door lock.

I hope that the next time you visit our area ;you will once again choose to stay at Super 8 Provo UT. We take our reviews very seriously, and I think you will be greatly pleased.

Reviewed January 11, 2013

The first room they put me in was stayed in but never cleaned! There was even Poop! in the toilet (talk about gross). I went and got the lady that checked me in and showed her. She said they must have forgotten to clean the room. They put me in another room. This room was supposedly cleaned but did not look like it. There was mold all over the bathroom. You could smell mold when you walked in. The bathtub was so old and disgusting, I wouldn't bathe my dogs in it. I waited about 20 mins for my daughter to show up. Showed her the room, then went to get my money back. They did not want to give it back. They said I was in the room to long and they can't give my money back. The manager and I had some words then I went outside to talk to an officer that just happened to be there. And my daughter talked them into giving me my money back. But because I had two mini dachshunds (which they were both on a leash during the short time in the room), I had to pay $40. I never even sat down in the room. I was to scared to, there was no place clean to sit. The whole place was old and rundown and it stunk. My advise would be to stay away from this place!!!!!

Room Tip: DONOT STAY HERE! There are no good rooms!!!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank 4ever-yng
Reviewed January 6, 2013

When we arrived, the attendant mistakenly informed us that our reservation had been cancelled. Fifteen minutes later, after speaking with his wife, who was in a room adjoining the office and making dinner for her kids, we were checked into the hotel. Although the hotel website said nothing about additional charges for a rollaway bed, we were informed that an additional nightly charge would be applied. The management appeared to struggle with English. We stayed in the hotel for three days and each day we were locked out of our room by the hotel's auto lock system, which required the family o wait outside the room while one of us went to he front desk to have our room key cards re-coded. Each time management insisted that we must have demagnetized the cards by placing them next to our cell phones or something. I must have magnetic rear because I kept them in my back pocket--no where near my cell phone. The beds are hard and the rooms in bad need of updating/maintenance--especially the bathrooms, walls, and ceilings. Breakfast was comprised of carbs, for the most part, and not helpful for guests on low-carb diets. We probably will not stay here again.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family