“Average”

Super 8 Provo Byu Orem
Ranked #15 of 20 Hotels in Provo
Reviewed August 26, 2011

I stayed here one night. There are a couple of issues that keep this hotel from being above-average. The guy at the front desk was not particularly friendly when I checked in and seemed in a rush. Also, there was nobody at the desk when I wanted to check out. After waiting for a few minutes I just put the key on the counter and left.

The building is older and there's a faintly funky smell in the halls. My room also smelled a bit off, most likely due to the carpet and couch. I got used to it quickly, but I expect better from hotels in this price range.

All this being said, my room was comfortable and quiet and I didn't have any issues with my stay other than the ones I described above.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank RoadTrip0708

Reviewed August 22, 2011

Working in the town. Best room for best price. Pool, breakfast, excellent location with great welcome.

• Stayed: August 2011
1  Thank codyjones
Reviewed August 20, 2011

I am looking room for education week.n I found super 8 for best price in Provo.nice n very large room with good service. Good breakfast in the morning. 24 hr pool... excellent.

• Stayed: August 2011
1  Thank woodlandwhite
Reviewed August 20, 2011

I stay @ super 8 Provo with my family. It's perfect for my family. Nice n clean big enough room for me n my kids. Restaurant near by waking distance. Very good service. For my kids 7 pm front desk has chocolate cookies they love it.

• Stayed: July 2011
1  Thank alanjoie
Reviewed August 18, 2011

The best thing I can say is it was the third cheapest stay of my 19 day trip at $ 57.86. It also had a decent and standard Super 8 breakfast. The directions from the Interstate do not say which way to turn when leaving the highway, so we had to guess. ( The directions seem to presume the traveler was familiar with the area) Then it's 4.5 miles though city traffic wondering if you turned the correct direction. But my dislike started at check in around 1945L on Aug 13. The clerk turned me off. He could learn the value of words like "please" and "thank you". He was not overtly rude, but I had a sense of disrespect. His direction to the room was"drive around back and your room is there". Good thing my grandson went ahead because my room was at the far end. The room was not very good. We turned on the A/C and it seeemed to be working, but after running for awhile, I noticed the compressor kicked off and the air coming in was actually warm. After about two hours we noticed the room was not cooling, but it was too late for us to change room. The maintenance man later told me they had replaced 14 A/C units the day before but need to replace all of them. The bathroom floor was a bit dirty, the TV remote did not work, and the door had to be slammed to close. It was rubbing and hanging up at the bottom. I would not stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 14, 2011

This was a horrible motel. Not only was room filthy - I mean I was afraid to walk on the carpet in bare feet and the bathroom floor was disgusting! The toilet ran all night and the air conditioning didn't. The cops where pounding on the room next door at 4:00 a.m. and there was no hot water when someone would flush the toilet in adjoining rooms. The spa was closed by the health department and the pool was cold and dirty. Stay away! Far away!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank CDuce
Reviewed August 14, 2011

I stayed at this hotel for a week while attending a dance camp at BYU. The location was very convenient; it was a 15-20 minute walk to the Wilkinson Center on campus. There are several places to eat within walking distance. The hotel is in fairly good condition considering its age, but we and many other guests had problems with the water temperature in the shower. The temperature would change suddenly with no warning, going from too cold to too hot and back again. Several times I had to back away quickly from the shower to avoid getting scalded by the sudden hot water. Also, the AC in the upstairs hallway did not work so it was very hot, although the AC in the room was okay, albeit noisy (it was a wall unit). The entry door near our room on the 2nd floor only worked about half the time; the rest of the time I couldn't get out because the door wouldn't open. That would be dangerous in a fire. The hotel had a decent continental breakfast with make-it-yourself waffles, bagels, toast (no wheat bread), oatmeal, some cold cereal, bananas, and apples. Overall, a good value for the price.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple