“Absolutely Horrific!!!!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 20 Hotels in Provo
Cheyenne, Wyoming
“Absolutely Horrific!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2012

We checked into two rooms at The Provo Plaza Inn at 6:30 pm. Upon entering the rooms, we were met with an unexplainable odor of filth. The rooms smelled as if they had not been cleaned in months. We requested non-smoking rooms, was is was very clear by the yellow staining on the walls, and odor that it was a smoking room. The bathtub had a film of brown sludge, accompanied by hair from the previous guests. There was a build up of scum on the faucets, bath drains and walls of the bathrooms. The toilet was running, and making a loud squeeling noise. The curtains were disgustingly filthy, and hanging half up and half down. The legs on the table were broken. The carpet was stained, and filthy. The furniture was in the same condition as the carpet. There was a half burned inscent on top of the toilet. There was one dirty towel left for a room that was intended for at least 4. We looked outside the window of our room, only to find a suspicious “tenant” of the motel, circling our vehicles, and looking in the windows. We immediately grabbed our belongings, and went back to the front desk. By this time, it was 7 p.m . We requested a refund for the two rooms that we paid for. The young woman called her manager, and he refused the refund. We requested to speak to the manager, but she refused to allow us too, and stated she was in fear of being fired, if she allowed us to speak to him. I have never seen any motel/hotel rooms such as this. I DO NOT recommend the M Star Provo Plaza Inn to anyone at anytime.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank J and S P

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Bologna, Italy
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2011

During my last western tour I had planned to spend one night in Provo UT. As I often do I just had had a look at the town motels' rates but I didn't take the time to check any review as well.After inquiring a few places I happened at the M star Hotel. It was one of those places that are neither a real motel nor a real hotel, but the rate was good, the staff very kind and helpful and if I'm not wrong continental breakfast was included. Since just the previous night I had had a very bad experience concerning my accomodation I asked to have a look at the room. It was extremely large, somewhat rundown and not well mantained, definitely kitsch and lacking both a fridge and a microwave but I reckoned that it was decent. I offloaded my car and only then I had a look at the bed linens. Horror and disgust took possession of me on the spot but it was nothing compared to the rage I felt bursting inside of me. Just twenty minutes befored I had told the young lady at the reception about my terrible experience the night before and since she showed quite sympathetic I took for granted that the M Star Hotel was not that kind of place. What a mistake! I put on the first pair of pants I could grab and I went straight to the lobby asking for a complete refound telling the same lady I wasn't going to spend the night there showing all my wrath. She deeply apologized and seemed to be truly embarrassed. After calling someone she fully refounded me. Hotels that don't even respect the basic rules of hospitality shouldn't be on business. I can stand almost everything but filth and cheating.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank d8889

Travelers are raving about these Provo hotels

Bluffdale, UT
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2011

Our recent trip brought us through Provo, UT. We checked in, while the staff was nice the room was shady at best. Run down, beds were very uncomfortable. Each room has a lot of space but its not well maintained at all. Taking a shower is like shock therapy with major temperature changes going from hot to cold. Their breakfast left a lot to be desired as well.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
1 Thank mikespencer55
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2011

Although the girls at the counter were friendly and the linen and towels were clean, everything else was absolutely rundown and the place was scary. The room was very big but with old and damaged furniture, stains on the carpet and dangerous broken electric wirering on the lamps. The talkative drunkard on the first floor and other suspicious guests made me feel so unconfortable and unsafe, that i decided to move to the sleep in just the opposite side of the street way after midnight.

• Stayed June 2011
1 Thank indermark
Provo, Utah
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2010

Beware! Registered child sex offender by the name of Arthur Greene lives at this hotel. We recognized him from the WatchDog website. My family and I checked in and found him to be a little creepy. We then went on the website to ensure that we were not in a offender hotel, but sure enough, there he was on both the National Registry, Utah's registry and Watchdog. We immediately checked out with no problems, but we were very scared of this place and its undesirable tenants/guests from the get go. I beleive the owners know that they have a child sex offender living there because he gave us the impression that he has been living there for quite a while after a brief conversation with him. Please for your children's sake, check out sex offenders registry prior to booking at a hotel and keep your children away from this hotel. Check the Utah Registry, National Registry or Watchdog registry. Better safe than fear the unknown. Imagine that they let sex offenders live where the business is known to have children residing for any duration of time. Stay away!

Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
5 Thank Kels014
SLC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2010

This hotel is scary and ghetto. My room stunk, and there was hair in my toilet when I arrived. The shower head was low and really old. I asked for one bed and recited two, it had a couch and a chair with a foot stool. I used the foot stool for one minute and two legs fell off of it. I figured it was already broken. The t.v was bulky and i it was fuzzy even after i tried tightening the wires. The bed was comfortable, along with the other furniture. It had the oldest fridge i probably have ever seen, and a really small stove that was yellow (looked like it was originally white). I was nervous to stay here, worried about my car all night. The guy at the front counter hardly spoke English, don't judge this hotel by its lobby! Air conditioner worked decently. I wouldn't;t recommend this hotel if you can spare 25 dollars more go across the street to the Sleep Inn, its much nicer! You get what you pay for if you stay here, its not that bad but it is old and kinda creepy outside. This hotel could probably sleep five people comfortably. It's a big room but its not nice. I would recommend it for people on a budget our large families needing a lot of room. The mall is right out the back door which is nice, and a gas station is right in front of it. If you stay here, hide anything in your car that would get someones attention lock your doors, dont go out after too late. It's cheap,it was only sixty one dollars a night. I hope I helped you make a decision.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank mattpilling
Idaho
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2008

The worst hotel I ever stayed in. The maids don't clean rooms are filthy. Building is falling apart. They say they are renovating but the should tear it down and start over.

• Stayed May 2008, traveled on business
      Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank daveo911