“Best Mexican in town!”

El Gallo Giro
Ranked #45 of 311 Restaurants in Provo
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed December 9, 2011

The food is fresh and excellent tasting. Service is great and they always remember my name...Jen is the best and has a great attitude! My favorites are Monterey chicken and the guacamole made table side. Free chips with any meal, soccer on tv, Coke in the bottle, and quick service with a smile...oh and great food!

Reviewed December 1, 2011

The food is really good, they only huge problem is the manager's wife; we have been loyal customers and until before she showed up we always received a great customer service from the chef and the waiters, but all that was gone when she arrived, she cut out the chips, then she was always frowning and with a horrible attitude towards customer and I think is ridiculous specially after purchasing several plates of food. She is just an awful person that drove us away form one of our favorite places, and even though the food is great it is not worth it to deal with her to eat there, I'll rather spend my money in other place than to put up with her nastiness

Reviewed December 1, 2011

We loved Gallo Giro until the manager's wife came along, she cut the chips, had terrible customer service, was always frowning and was a cheap person. As students we try to find places where there is good food and nice prices but dealing with her is not worth it, she has the worst attitude when taking orders and even told us that we could not share a coke because we did not want to purchase two drinks with the whole order of almost $13 it is incredible how cheap her comment was and how much of a nasty attitude she has towards customers who have been loyal for so long. I'm really sad because food is great but she just drove us away from Gallo Giro forever

Reviewed January 26, 2011

A friend suggested my wife and I try this place out. Very pleased that we did. The salsa bar was great. The cashier/waitress (Brenda) was very pleasant and helpful.

The freshly made guacamole was awesome and the food was authentic. The prices blew my mind, we typically have to pay twice the amount to get half as good food.

We're going back soon. Definitely the best Mexican in Provo/Orem.

Reviewed July 14, 2010

When the girl up front gave me my total I was shocked that was an excellent deal but lets see how the food is going to be was the thought in the back of my mind. Very authentic food with all the flavor you could ask for and the portions astonished me. I so could have taken some home but with the salsa bar and the atmosphere with the world cup finally playing on the flat screen I stuffed myself.

Only thing I could have asked more for would have been (and this is coming from a gringo) is English being used to communicate with me. But then again that was also an atmosphere enhancement.

1  Thank whateverct