“slow, dirty , not cheap , dog meat?”
Review of The Malt Shoppe - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
The Malt Shoppe
Reviewed June 16, 2013

stopped to grab a quick bite .. sign said 5.99 combo for 1/4 pounder, fries and shake. "Lets give it a try" I said like an idiot. Pulled in and it looked like the place was closed , should have left right then. Weeds growing through the cement , dirt all over the entry .. stepped in gum passing through the entry. Had to ring a bell to get some attention , as I could not see that anyone was working. Placed the order , and was informed it was going to be 80 cents to add cheese.
Took over 20 minutes to get our order , even though we were the only patrons in the place ( another clue I should have picked up on.) First bite and I knew all I needed to know, I have never tasted dog meat , but this is how I would imagine it would taste , pure crap.. smelled and tasted absolutely horrible, they also topped the burger with yellow lettuce a "not so fresh" tomato and Bread and Butter pickles , disgusting. The fries were dry and tasteless. Shake had oreos in it , which was the only thing that actually tasted OK but the cup was about the size of a sacrament cup. We eat out alot as a family , and this is the first time I have ever left a review. This was the 2nd worst burger I have ever had ( Bobs Burgers in New Mexico takes the Cake)
Will never go back ..

Reviewed April 12, 2013 via mobile

It's just dirty and the food isn't good. We went once last summer and have never gone back. The food isn't even cheap. Everything just looks like it needs to be cleaned.

Reviewed January 27, 2013

I've tried some of their shakes and have found that it's either hit or miss for me--my favorite (and something that I crave quite often) is their Peanut Butter and Banana shake. They mix in real bananas and peanut butter--and give you nearly 4 cups of it (be prepared to share). I have tried their onion rings as well, which I liked quite a bit too.
I didn't like their cookie dough shake and have tried a hamburger but it was unmemorable to me.

Reviewed December 17, 2012

What the heck decade is it supposed to be in there? it's like 50s thru 90s. Such a mess of a decor. Also, I'm from California, and I believe that a shake should be a drink. It should not stand up in the cup. Where I'm from we call that ice cream, and we do not serve it in such ridiculous portions without some sort of toppings and your picture on the wall for finishing it.

Reviewed July 26, 2012

I haven't been here since the 80s. I don't think it's had a thorough cleaning since. We stopped for a quick bite while running errands. It was so dirty I lost my appetite so didn't buy anything. I suggest they hire a cleaning crew to deep clean once in awhile. I know the regular workers don't have time.