“Very good”

Sam Hawk Korean Restaurant
Ranked #51 of 306 Restaurants in Provo
Cuisines: Korean
Reviewed March 5, 2014

The Bulgogi is really good, I love their kimchi. Everything seems to be fresh and made to order. We've never been disappointed!

Reviewed July 22, 2013

Ate with my family at Sam Hawk on a recommendation. There was one nice lady working the entire restaurant front. She was cashier, server, took orders, cleaned tables and so on. I felt bad for her. She was swamped and it took a long time to get our order in. Food was generally good when it came. Bulgogi was nice, but needed some more flavor and kick. Same for other dishes. Generally good, but sort of bland. Kimchi, especially the zucchini kimchi was great. Dinner menu was kind if expensive for hole in the wall Korean food.

Reviewed May 16, 2013

We visited this restaurant in the last week of April. As it was Friday evening, the restaurant was packed to its capacity. We ordered a number of Korean dishes. They were delicious and amazing in flavor.

The service is fast. The staff is friendly, warm and make you feel at home.

I

Reviewed September 4, 2012

Oh, Sam Hawk.
I used to visit you 4 times a week! Now I live across the country. So sad.

Sam Hawk has done some updating of the interior which is nice. Their bulgogi is good, and their pork is one of the best (so says my family & friends, I don't eat pork!). Their kimchijjigae is my absolute FAVORITE, bar none. Bibimpap is average. Japchae is good as is their kimbap and dukbokki is excellent. Just like any Korean restaurant, they have their best dishes. You really can't go wrong with their BBQ (although their kalbi isn't much different than bulgogi, so go with the cheaper bulgogi).

My only qualm is that their kimchi banchan (side dish) is really lacking. It's sort of weak and wilty, old and not in a good way. I don't quite understand how they make such excellent kimchijjigae with that kimchi, but I guess I'll never know. Their other banchan selection is good, and their sweet potatoes are some of the best I've had.
Definitely worth a try when you're in the area.

Reviewed May 21, 2012

I am not a huge Korean food fan, but I really liked the Pork Bilgogi-the beef is a little too sweet.