“Choose your room carefully”

Hines Mansion Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 5 Provo B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 5, 2009

We have stayed here a couple of times - most likely won't be back. For the money it could be better.

The library is a great room and I would consider returning to this room - I would give this room 4 stars and the rest 2.

If you are going for a romantic getaway I would recommend avoiding the first floor. The walls are thin and privacy is limited. It's rather disconcerting to hear everyone that passes by your room - even people talking very quietly. I don't like to worry about everyone walking by my room hearing everything we do and say.

We took a tour and the penthouse sweet (the top end room) felt very claustrophobic. The ceiling is VERY low - at one end of the room it is only a few feet high. If you don't mind the low ceiling it could be a good room, but you may want to see the room before booking it - it looks more spacious in the pictures (they show the side of the room with the high ceiling.)

Stayed: August 2006, traveled as a couple
3  Thank brian_c_pg

Reviewed September 29, 2007

I stayed here for one night while traveling on business in Utah. Obviously this is not a typical business hotel/inn, but I wanted a place that would feel more intimate than a largish, mid-priced hotel and one that was conveniently located for my evening business plans. The down-sides of staying at an inn/b&b on business is the lack of 24 hour service, such as check-in, and lack of business services, such as a fax. Having said that, the price was good, check-in was smooth, I was upgraded to a slightly larger room, and the inn keepers (a young college couple) had breakfast ready for me (cereal, fruit, yogurt, juices in a stocked fridge in the shared kitchen area) for my earlier than normal departure. They did a nice job. The facility itself is a little shabby and the immediate neighborhood was not impressive. There is no shower - this is meant to be a romantic inn so the bedrooms are dominated by large jacuzzi-style tubs, bathrooms are half-bath very small.
Utah is lovely so although I was here on business I gave thought to returning for vacation. I'm afraid it is below par for inns where I've stayed elsewhere. Definitely not a "special" inn compared to others I've frequented, but comfortable and well-priced.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
2  Thank New2Cal
Reviewed July 27, 2007

My wife and I stayed here one night in the Library Suite, which is on the second floor and almost separated from the rest of the rooms so it was very quiet. The penthouse is on the third floor and was occupied, however we didn't hear anything from that room. The inn was very clean and the decor was themed for each room.

The Library Suite is cozy and the bed very comfortable, and there was a winding staircase that took us up to the oversized jetted tub with hand-held shower. The tub was very relaxing after a long day driving. The toilet and sink are on the main floor of the room.

A bottle of chilled sparkling cider was in our room as a welcome gift, a very nice touch by the innkeepers.

Breakfast, which was delicious, was plated and served to each guest, but the bread was served family style, so remember to use the serving tongs!

Overall this inn is very nice and we would highly recommend staying.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
2  Thank out-of-here-arizona
Reviewed November 24, 2005

The entire atmosphere of the Hines Mansion provides pure relaxation and enjoyment unlike any hotel in which I have ever stayed.
The suites are immaculate and everything from the furnishings to the color scheme is both physically and mentally pleasing.
The staff is of the finest any where providing the very best of hospitality.
I would highly recommend this above average bed and breakfast.

• Stayed: November 2005, traveled on business
5  Thank Bre_tanner
Also consider these accommodations in or near Provo
Provo Marriott Hotel & Conference Center
Hampton Inn and Suites Orem
Residence Inn Provo
Residence Inn Provo
#2 of 20 in Provo

Been to Hines Mansion Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!