“Chinatown = Celery”

Cuisines: Chinese
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Chinatown = Celery”
Reviewed June 1, 2012

I was disappointed with their food ten years ago but I thought I would try it again. Still bad. The kung pao was about sixty percent celery and ten percent meat. There were a few pieces of bamboo shoots as well a couple peanuts with some other vegetables. Talk about no pride in their cooking. I've never seen so much celery being used as a cheap filler. I have lived and worked in china for over forty years and Chinatown is some of the worst Chinese I've ever eaten. You can grab a bento box out of a train window anywhere in Asia and get better food. My wife had "fried rice" with her meal and it was day old rice with soy sauce - nasty and unedible. I will never eat there again.

1 Thank CPTJAI

Provo, Utah
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“That was quick...”
Reviewed February 12, 2011

We went in, sat down, and ordered what sounded good. Less than 3 minutes later (seriously, 3 minutes) we had our food in front of us... Not a good sign. My wife spent the rest of the night on our floor curled up in a ball. Friendly staff though...

• Visited April 2010
provo
“Best Chinese possibly in the universe”
Reviewed February 2, 2011

My wife and I go to China Town at least once a week for their lunch special ($5-6). You get SO much food, fried rice is free, two eggrolls, and a ton of MEAT! We always get the tiny spicy chicken, it's the best thing on the menu.

• Visited February 2011
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Their appetizer plate is...”
Reviewed December 9, 2007

Their appetizer plate is really good.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook