“Because sometimes all you need in life...”
Review of Guru's

Guru's
Ranked #23 of 340 Restaurants in Provo
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed October 14, 2015 via mobile

...is some gurus sweet potato fries.

The black and blue burrito is bomb and the karaoke nights are memorable, but man, those fries. Whether celebration or depression, they hit the spot like...well, like sweet potato fries only can.

1  Thank Zack O

Reviewed September 9, 2015 via mobile

I belong to two groups that meet monthly. Both groups have meet here it is great place to eat, good food plenty of room for big groups.

1  Thank Ajack2015
Reviewed August 4, 2015

I have eaten here a few times, and it is always enjoyable. The last time I ate, my meal was delicious. I got the Black and Blue Steak Wrap, and was very pleased. If my other meals had been that good, I would rate this restaurant higher, but it seems to be somewhat hit or miss.

1  Thank Matt L
Reviewed July 23, 2015

So I get the vibe this place is going for, but they need to work on the food. The place is decorated with all sorts of steampunk inspired kinetic decorations that are all covered in a thick layer of dust which would sprinkle down upon us from time to time. I know what you're thinking: How does so much dust stay accumulated on the decorations yet still fall on diners? That's part of the magic of this place.
The food was not great. The brown rice that came with several of our meals was undercooked and crunchy. My wife ordered a $8 grilled cheese sandwich only to get a small bun with some warm cheese inside. No side dish, no grill, no nothing.
Lots of locals seem to like this place in a situation where I can only imagine is misplaced love for local joints. It needs to do better.

Reviewed July 21, 2015

I go mostly for the sweet potato fries, so good. The wraps are the best dishes in my opinion, I don't love the oiliness of the others.

1  Thank Jules Y