“Great place for lunch”

Dining options: Reservations
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Great place for lunch”
Reviewed September 27, 2013 via mobile

I eat at La Dolce Vita at least twice a month, always for lunch. It has to be one of the best deals in Provo. One of my criteria for the quality of a restaurant is the lettuce:if it's crisp and green and cold it tells me that someone is paying attention. The minestrone soup is very good. The service is always excellent. And the price is right. Mind you, this not 'gourmet' Italian. More friendly and real it is. The dining area is good for conversation with friends or co-workers. There is also a back room for privacy or meetings. Small but adequate alcohol menu. I recommend it!

Visited September 2013
3 Thank PeterJVH

“Excellent home made pasta!”
Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

Must have made changes! Pasta(tortolinni) was super with fantastic white sauce. Bread was so so, but nice wine list. Buddy had chicken fettucini which was equally good. I don't eat Italian soup and salad was average. Prices were reasonable.

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank ROLLLTIDE
“Italian Food From the Freezer.”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

This is the saddest restaurant I've been to during 8 years in Provo.

I went to La Dolce Vita hoping to find a hidden food gem. I couldn't have been more disappointed.

The minestrone soup I ordered tasted like the can it was poured from. It was thin, bland, metallic tasting, and far from authentic. My garlic bread was a toasted piece of white bread from the grocery store covered in a thick layer of generic garlic powder. My friend's Chicken Parmesan still had ice crystals in its middle from not heating up all the way in the microwave. The rest of our food was equally as disappointing.

There is nothing authentic about this place except for the authentic and shabby, early 90's décor and the authentic flavors of frozen lasagna and ravioli.

I didn't want to post anything about this place because the owners seem like really nice and well-meaning folks, but when I saw that this was one of the highest rated restaurants in provo, I couldn't stand by and let others get tricked into going here uninformed.

Don't be fooled by the work done by the people at reputation.com to keep this place afloat. Do not waste your time or money at La Dolce Vita.

• Visited June 2013
Provo, Utah
“Average”
Reviewed May 17, 2013 via mobile

I thought this place was about as average as you can get. Staff is super friendly though. The food just didn't wow me enough to call me back, but I guess I would go if I wanted nice service in Provo.

• Visited May 2013
Vernal, Utah
“Runny sauce”
Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

I read the reviews and felt I would try the place out. We I arrived I saw lots of cars. So I thought this is a good side. I went inside. I was greeted by very friendly staff. I order the food to go because the place was almost empty. Which is odd at 7:30 pm in Provo. Food was OK. But the pasta was chewy and the sauce was runny. The bread was buttered and toasted. I have near had buttery toasted bread in an Italian place. I thought it was interesting.

• Visited March 2013