Romano's Macaroni Grill
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed December 30, 2012

I love the food at the Macaroni Grill. There are a great number of options, and the menu is large enough that I don't feel forced into ordering the same thing every time I go there.

However, the service is generally mediocre at best, and our last experience there was pretty terrible. First, we've tried to order wine there twice. Both times, the servers had zero knowledge about the different wine and beer options, and it took 20-30 minutes to flag down a manager to get a bit more information about the options. My wife and I had dinner with another couple, and between the four of us we ordered 3 glasses of wine and one beer. My friend, who ordered the beer, never received his beverage. Our wives each received their wine, but my wine came considerably later than everything else, so I felt rushed to drink it quickly, which is frustrating when you are paying so much for a drink.

In addition, my wife ordered a salad that never came. The server confirmed and wrote down the salad order, but it simply never came. Even after we told the manager that the salad was never served to her, and he did a great job of apologizing, the server never made mention of the salad that didn't come.

Finally, the waitress mixed up the couples' orders, so that my meal was put on the bill with my friend's wife, so that had to be switched. Luckily, we weren't in a hurry, and things eventually got corrected.

In summary, our party of four had one salad and one beer that never even made it to the table, and the server only recognized the missed beer, and not the salad. It seems that the servers have a difficult time there, even when it's not busy, they are not knowledgeable about the alcoholic beverages, and they struggle to get orders correct. The above incident was worse than other visits there, but even my best visit has had mediocre service.

Reviewed December 17, 2012

i like noodles and coloring and this place has both. It really lets you relive your childhood, which is awesome unless you had a childhood like mine.

Reviewed December 10, 2012

Use to be awesome but the prices are up and the quanity is down. Went there for a birthday lunch. The "lunch specials" were priced like a dinner! around $15. When the food arrived it was good, but nothing special. There are a lot better "fancy places" to eat.

Reviewed November 1, 2012

Enjoyed Romano's Macaroni Grill's good food, good service (thanks Blake!), and management. From start to finish this was an excellent meal.

Reviewed October 9, 2012

Good Food and Good Service! The bread with olive oil is really good and the fried macaroni is delicious! I would go back!