“Deservedly popular”

Ranked #1 of 321 Restaurants in Provo
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Enter the culture of India when you walk into Bombay House! Smell the Indian cuisine right as you walk in. Look into the paintings showing every-day life in India. And most of all bite into the hot naan, let the spicy Massala sizzle on your tongue and take a sip of the traditional Lassi, while listening to all genres of Indian music. And don't forgot our Indian servers will grasp your attention with their turbans and accent and make your experience complete. Bombay House brings Utah an authentic Indian experience that you can not miss!
Reviewed November 2, 2012

This is our go-to dinner stop when traveling through Provo. It's been full up every time we've visited so many others, locals especially, enjoy it too. The service is swift and polite and we've never had to wait long for our food despite the full house. We ordered our usual lamb and shrimp dishes, all excellent. We also ordered the bhindi aloo, okra with potatoes-they got us hooked on it, now we order it everywhere, but they still do it best! The portions are large and you won't go away hungry.

Reviewed October 14, 2012

Live in Provo and frequent the Bombay House. Always superb! The service is exceptional and we love everything on the menu. Shrimp coconut kurma and pineapple shrimp are our favs! We go there for birthdays and just because I love the atmosphere and the staff.

Reviewed October 4, 2012

After passing through Provo at least 5 times when the Bombay House happened to be closed or too far to walk, I finally got there. It was wonderful. The staff were polite and helpful, and my particular waiter (Sher?) explained the dishes to me and helped me determine the right level of heat. (They list mild, medium, hot and very hot. We settled at medium-plus, and it was perfect.)

Dinner for me, with tip, was around $20 not counting the alcohol. There was plenty of food and it was all wonderful; I went for the Lamb Boti Kabob Masala.

Aside from the fact that the food and service were terrific, here's another really terrific thing about this place: there are 3 Bombay House restaurants in the general Salt Lake City area, and they're all owned and staffed by the same family, which immigrated here only a generation ago. I was told at my hotel that Father opened the first one, and then later 2 of his sons opened operations of their own. This is home-style cooking and a small operation at its best, not part of a chain. If you believe in supporting operations that aren't chains, go. If you like the way enterprise can help the American Dream, go. If you like Indian food, go. If you want to know about Indian food, go!

Reviewed September 16, 2012

This place always has wonderful food. It is excellent. The staff is outstanding. Every dish is consistently delicious. I especially like their vegetable coconut korma. This place has been around since I went to college over thiry years ago. It will be here atleast another thirty. It is always busy on Friday nights. Consider going early.

Reviewed August 13, 2012 via mobile

If you love Indian food you're going to love Bombay House. The chicken coconut korma dish is the best in the world. I've been to Indian restaurants in Vegas, Chicago, New York, and London and this dish they make is the most delicious.