“Coming back up?”

Mountain West Burrito
Ranked #142 of 346 Restaurants in Provo
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed August 8, 2017

When MWB first opened, it was a very good place to get a SoCal take on a burrito. The ingredients were good, and everything was well-prepared. The service was fantastic. Then MWB sold out and the new owner/manager let everything go to pot. I don't know what happened except that the burritos got smaller and less tasty and the salads were little more than a bowl of greens. As a result, I hadn't been back in a couple of years. But a friend convinced me to try again, and I think perhaps MWB is making a comeback. The service was better and the food was good, though not outstanding.

Date of visit: June 2017

Reviewed July 26, 2016

The restaurant is small and attached to it is Waffle Love so it can get crowded at times. The menu is simple which one would hope would make the food that much better but unfortunately the food is just okay. It doesn't feel like there's a lot of love or heart put into the making of the food and it comes across that way.

Date of visit: October 2015
Reviewed July 25, 2016 via mobile

I've been a few times and haven't been super impressed with the food. It's not super flavorful or out of the ordinary. You can get better tacos for less, that's for sure. I do like how it's next to Waffle Love though. If I want to have real food before dessert, it works with that plan. It's just not my favorite place.

Date of visit: July 2016
Reviewed January 13, 2016

Went to Mountain West Burrito after hearing a lot of people say how good it is and I was not disappointed. The prices are reasonable and the food is great. Make sure to get a side of Guacamole, only $1 and you get a lot of guac!!

Date of visit: December 2015
Reviewed June 4, 2015

Dang! This place used to be good! Ownership must have changed or something. It used to feel like they really cared about their food. Doesn’t anymore.

Used to go a lot and hadn’t been there for a while. My wife went back this week and grabbed dinner and it was SO disappointing! Salad was skimpy and flavorless. Same goes for the street tacos. I feel bad leaving this place a bad review because I really used to be a fan. Perhaps I will give them the benefit of the doubt and assume it was just an off night. And then again, maybe I won’t.

Date of visit: June 2015