“Satisfies my Taiwan Fix Every Time”
Review of Green Panda Cafe

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Green Panda Cafe
Ranked #223 of 305 Restaurants in Provo
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed May 17, 2013

I've been to this restaurant several times over the past few years as it has passed through different hands and changed names. My benchmark for their performance has been the "Beef Noodle Soup 牛肉面" menu item. Three years ago, it was delicious and authentic; two years ago, they started using the wrong cuts of meat and it seemed hastily prepared; now, it's better than ever. I don't know who owned this place in the past, but the current owner's wife is from Taiwan and she personally tends to the cooking as far as I know—and it shows! Also, the service used to be quite slow too, but they've obviously vamped up their system since food comes out fairly quickly now.

It's not just the Beef Noodle Soup that's delicious either, but every menu item has been fantastic so far, though the curry dish is not a thick Japanese curry (like would usually be encountered in Taiwan) but some kind of curry-flavored chicken over rice. But besides that, I haven't encountered anything I haven't LOVED. I even recommended by boss to eat there and as a food connoisseur himself he now frequents the place with his family and friends. The flavors are fresh and never greasy. Oh, and don't forget to buy a boba smoothie while you're there!

1  Thank Jovus T

Reviewed March 1, 2012

This place has really authentic food, I've been to Taiwan before and the mapo tofu was spot on. My friends and I shared some pork potstickers and we had to take some to go cause they were so good! The owners are from Taiwan and they are super friendly so I will be going back to try their bobas soon oh and the decor was nice

3  Thank Dan R
Reviewed October 29, 2011

The food is prepared fresh and you can tell. The potstickers are super good and so are the bobas. Taiwanese beef noodles are just like the ones in Taiwan! On top of that, the prices are cheap compared to other Asian places. I love Green Panda!

3  Thank d_hora
Reviewed October 9, 2011

I was really disappointed with the food at this small storefront near BYU. My dish of fried noodles with chicken had very little seasoning, virtually no veggies, and gummy noodles. If they had ever hit a wok, it didn't show. And the serving was really inadequate for the price, particularly at a restaurant that clearly caters to college students.

Good Chinese is sorely lacking in the area, but this restaurant falls short of even those low standards.