“Wonderful helpful staff and great amenities, very impressive place.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Provo Marriott Hotel & Conference Center

Provo Marriott Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #4 of 20 Hotels in Provo
Mesa Arizona
“Wonderful helpful staff and great amenities, very impressive place.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2010

As a gold elite Marriott member I was upgraded to a very nice room on the 8th floor. The food and beverages at the Concierges lounge was just what we needed before being directed to a great Italian restaurant that the front desk suggested within walking distance of the hotel. After dinner we relaxed in the sauna and whirlpool prior to going to bed in the very comfortable beds that the room provided. We received a wonderful buffet breakfast that was included with the room rental fee, and then the bell hop stored our luggage until our meetings were over and we picked up the bags on the way to the airport. What service, what a great Hotel. We will be back!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Chicago
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2010

I've been lucky to have stayed at beautiful hotels around the country. I have stayed at the Prove Marriot three times this year. Each time, my room was comfy and super clean, and quiet. Nowhere have I received better service or known a kinder staff.The restaurant suggested was great and I got help finding the mall, a bowling alley, and the beautiful Bridle Veil Falls. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled solo
      Sleep Quality
Ogden, UT
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2009

I have traveled to Provo quite a bit recently for business and I frequently stay at Marriott hotels. I decided to book the Provo Marriott this time because it was the same price as the Courtyard and the Springhill Suites, so I thought I'd check it out (and hopefully have a little higher class experience). When I arrived to check in the man at the front desk was quite curt and seemed to have no personality. Since I have stayed at Marriott hotels more often than my own home in the recent months, I thought I'd request a free upgrade to Concierge Level (I was just hoping for a breakfast, basically). When I asked, the man quickly and a little rudely said, "No. You can buy one though." I've never been treated like this after asking for an upgrade. Most people at least have the courtesy to say something like "I'm sorry, I'm not able to do that for free, but I could do it for a small fee." Rude.

When I reached my room, I was a bit disappointed. It was average Marriott, but the bathroom fixtures were extremely outdated and rusty, the toilet ran all night long, and the air conditioner was extremely noisy. The bed was fairly comfortable, but there were a few stray hairs when I turned down the covers. The carpet and upholstery throughout the room was stained and a little dirty and the television was very inferior to most Marriotts.

Overall, I'd say to stay anywhere else in Provo. If you want the Marriott points and a great hotel, try the Springhill Suites that's a couple blocks away. It's new, nice, clean, and everyone is friendly.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
2 Thank NYOneFiveTwo
San Jose, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2009

We stayed at this hotel for one night on a recent business trip to Provo. The hotel is right in the middle of town and certainly walking distance to Center Street and the University Avenue area of the city. The rooms were HUGE and the hotel was very clean. The service was outstanding and the hotel was very convenient for our short stop in Provo. Did not get a chance to try the restaurant in the morning for breakfast but there was free coffee and tea by reception when we checked-out. That was a nice touch. As far as hotels for business travel go, this was one of the nicer ones I have stayed in.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
Utah
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2009

First off we had to wait an our to get our room that we reserved, I had even called ahead to make sure everything was going to be ready by the normal check in time. Then they gave away the last king bed to another group that came in after us because our concierge was to busy playing with keyboards because he wanted one with the enter key on the number pad. After all that he wanted to swipe a credit card for a room that had been paid for by my father as a gift for my honeymoon. All this information could have been given to me when I called ahead but they instead just told me to come on over and everything was read. After crying for hours because my special night had been ruined by bad service and a complete lack of internal communication I decided to find another place to go.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SobbingBride
Lansing, Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2009

Overall this is not a bad hotel but when you carry the Marriott brand name you expect a little bit more.

This has to be the largest hotel in the Provo area but based on its exterior the hotel was probably built 20 to 30 years ago and is showing its age. The exterior is just downright ugly. A mixture of white concrete and horizontal windows that could be confused for a county jail. The public interior areas are much better and seem to have been recently renovated and are kept clean.

The room we had was on the sixth florr of the North Tower and had a nice view of the surrounding Wasatch range. The room was fairly small and was kind of half updated. The carpet and bed were new but the room with the shower and toilet was old. The tv was horrible. Not only was it not a flatscreen but it was small and had to be at least ten years old. We did like that the sink was outside of the room containing the shower and toilet.

The biggest problem with the room were the doors to the room. They were old, lightweight, and made a terrible slamming noise when they were closed. This made it hard to sleep in when you could hear the door slamming every time someone left their room.

Location of the hotel is excellent. Right in the center of downtown Provo and a five minute drive to BYU's campus. You can walk to many restaurants downtown and the surrounding area is very safe. There is a parking garage next to the hotel and you are not charged for parking.

The staff of this hotel was very friendly and they seem to try to make up for the deficiencies of this hotel. Unfortunately, there is only so much they can do.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jason P
Los Angeles, CA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2009

I have stayed at many Marriott properties and expected this to be the same more or less. I stayed one night on a whim and was pleased with everything- the room, bed, location, staff, even the very small parking garage didn't bother me. There were a bunch of very bored kids riding around the hood of a car in the garage. The bathroom is showing its age though and needs to be upgraded. On the plus side, I got a better rate than the Best Western in town!

Stayed August 2009, traveled solo