“Nice location and friendly staff”

Provo Marriott Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #4 of 20 Hotels in Provo
Reviewed July 14, 2009

The Marriott Provo is centrally located just one block from the main street in town and one block to University Ave. Access to and fro I15 is quite easy.

The rooms are typical of a Marriott, nicely furnished and clean. The bed was exceptionally comfortable as well. High speed internet was available in the room but with a surcharge of $9.95 per day. There is an adjacent parking garage and parking is free for guests.

There is a single restaurant that serves reasonably good food at a reasonable price. Service, even though apparently understaffed was quite good as well. A buffet breakfast is also served for breakfast and one can also order directly from a menu. There is a separate "Club" in the hotel as well. It used to be that liquor sold by the drink could only be served in a "private club." The law was really a sham because you could buy a life membership for very low prices, often $1. Now, it is free for hotel guests and as near as I can tell, you don't have to join either.

The single distinguishing characteristic of the hotel is the staff. Many of the staff are also students at nearby Bringham Young University. The staff were enthusiastic and went out of their way to be of service to the hotel guests.

I liked the fact that it was a fully non-smoking hotel.

My only complaint with the hotel are the electronic locks. The locks never worked on the first try and often took as many as 10 or more times to get into your room. It was even worse getting out of the parking garage. This seemed to be a common complaint among the guests.

Alll in all, I would not hesitate to stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business

Reviewed July 7, 2009

We were passing through so our stay was brief...thank goodness. I found the staff to be very nice. Rooms were in need of updating and there were some HUGE stains on the carpet in our room. We had been traveling a lot the day we checked in and were very tired so we decided to eat at their resturante....MISTAKE! Service was great...how could it not be since we were the only ones eating there. Food was horrible. It took almost an hour to get our food and when we did get it it wasn't fully cooked....so back it went...an hour later it came back half burnt. The staff did credit us and asked if we wanted something else off the menu. At that point we were too tired and it was too late as we had been there 2 1/2 hours and needed rest. What a dissappointment!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed April 6, 2009

I had to visit customers at BYU and opted to stay at the Provo Marriott Hotel. Proximity to the campus was easy (less than a mile) and the hotel is easy to find from I-15. The lobby was very clean and opulent, and I was greeted immediately upon my arrival. Front desk staff were very friendly and accommodating.

The room was clean and had an AMAZING view of Utah Lake and the surrounding mountains. The only minor complaint about the entire room was a closet door that wouldn't completely close--ultimately, not a big deal. Be aware that WiFi access is not free.

I ordered room service on three occasions: once for dinner and twice for breakfast. The food was delicious and arrived promptly. For those like me who drink coffee and are worried about being deprived while visiting Mormon country, fear not--the Good Start breakfast includes an entire personal-sized carafe! I also recommend the gyro which was surprisingly tasty for being hotel food. Caution if you order the ice cream: they'll give you an entire pint and there's no freezer in the room!

Parking is free for hotel guests and, while plentiful, is located in a small-clearance multi-level garage. If you're driving a large vehicle, be ready to make some tight turns.

Checkout was incredibly easy--I got the bill slipped under my door in the morning.

I definitely recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Provo. Obviously BYU recommends it too as the UCLA Men's Volleyball team stayed here during their road trip match!

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed March 3, 2009

Being here just makes me have a happy feeling. The staff is always smiling and they greet you every time they see you. The beds are heavenly. I had free breakfast this time. A huge buffet. It would have been 20 bucks someplace else. I love this place!

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed February 21, 2009

This is our 6th time at this hotel. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The breakfast buffet is lovely with healthy choices, cold and hot charged separately. Cold buffet for two people with tip comes to $22. compare this to the concierge price you get quoted which includes an adequate breakfast, and evening salad, cheese and nibbles along with coffee and cake. Concierge also includes bottled water you can take with you and a fruit....

The rooms in the south tower, our first time in this part, include a sink, microwave and refridgerator. There is a sleeper sofa in our room with the king bed. It feels newer and crisper than the main building but then it might just be that the room is larger. It is NOT L shaped but a rectangle with a piece of wall at each side dividing the room into 2. The television is not pleasant to watch from the bed as it is more in front of the sofa although it does angle toward the bed.

It is around the corner from several restaurants and shops which includes the sportz comedy club (fiday and sat night something to do that is inexpensive and fun and innocent). There is also an einstein bagel in walking distance, a wierd psuedo health restaraunt and more. Across the street is an excellent used book store that is adding a cafe. If the economy were not in the dumps this would be considered a very up and comming artsy neighborhood!

Worst business center ever. 10 dollars a day for internet in the room. free wifi in lobby only but no tables to sit at although lots of chairs and a fire place. breakfast not included unless concierge level which includes a modest and good breakfast on the concierge floor.

about 45 minutes from salt lake city and soldier hollow for tubing and cross country. Half hour from sundance.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 9, 2009

Rooms were clean, but could not get temperature low enough to have good night's sleep.
Concierge lounge did not have liquor. Could not buy a glass of wine in the bar to take to my room. Cannot travel the halls with an open container. I'm not driving the halls.
Staff very nice. Old facility - although rooms had flat screen TV's which was nice.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
Reviewed October 1, 2008

Bad service. Not what I expect from Marriott. Hotel Resturant was REALLY bad. When I told the front desk how I felt, they seemed to act like it was normal to have a bad experience there. I would not recommend staying there. I have stayed at a couple of the other Marriotts in the area and have had much better stays.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Spirit-to-Serve, Sales and Marketing Manager at Provo Marriott Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded December 23, 2008

Dear Valued Guest,

We are sorry to hear that you did not have any enjoyable experience in our hotel restaurant. We understand how important food variety and quality is to our valued business travelers. Please know that we are constantly reviewing our menu to provide consistent quality and tasty menu items to our guests.

We do apologize about any negative experiences you did encounter with our front desk staff. Our front desk staff continues to improve and exceed in their guest service skills everyday. We hope that you do choose to stay with us again in the future. We would like to offer you the highest quality of services and accommodations that the Provo Marriott typically provides to each guest.