“Excellent Staff - Great Location”

Provo Marriott Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #5 of 20 Hotels in Provo
Reviewed July 27, 2014

This Marriott isn't a full 5 star experience but significantly better than 4 stars. The staff were exceptional, friendly and accommodating. Want a refrigerator? Just ask. They were fully engaged to make our stay the best, from check-in to check- out. The hotel has a very large outdoor pool and a smaller one indoors with a spa. The lobby was huge with lots of chairs and couches. They even had two large urns with cold fruited water at all times. The rooms were spacious and well appointed, plus impeccably clean. The 3 of us and two visitors sat in one room and chatted comfortably. There was a large desk, easy chair and ottoman. The beds were good. The concierge lounge was very nice and the two staff people there were friendly and engaging. When the lounge was closed we had a complimentary Continental breakfast available in the restaurant. For a whopping $2 it could be updated to a full buffet with an omelet bar.

If we had a complaint it was the lack of a bathtub in both our rooms. Other rooms must have them so ask first. The shower was large but the area outside it which included the toilet was very small. But this was a minor, minor detail.

Location is excellent for accessing downtown Provo as well as the interstate. Free covered parking!

Room Tip: If you want a tub, check first. Some rooms have a lake view, some mountain view, pick your preferenc...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Provo Marriott Hotel & Conference Center

Reviewed July 27, 2014

Stayed here during a conference, which was conducted right across the street in the new convention center. Nice hotel, friendly staff. Unfortunately, the restaurant dos not open until 6:30 am, so if you are looking for breakfast prior to a 7:00 am meeting, then you are stuck with the crappy Starbucks counter offerings - and they ARE crappy. Venture out a bit earlier and take a walk down the street for coffee and pastry/breakfast if you don't have time to wait for the restaurant to open.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed July 25, 2014

they have a very nice lobby. bar and restaurant. bar/restaurant service real slow. room was dated and a little dirty. I was with a group of 8.. none of the a/c units in all our groups rooms functioned very well. management was told about it. breakfast was not free,, but was amazing, had a chef there that would make a nice omolet or eggs for you. staff was friendly. hotel was recommended by the provo airport people. good location to the small municipal airport and they have an airport shuttle service to provo airport.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
gmprovomarriott, General Manager at Provo Marriott Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2014

Thank you for the positive comments concerning the breakfast and the staff. We have had a number of comments about the friendliness of the staff and I'm glad you experienced the same. As far as the other comments I am working with the team to insure our guests have a better experience. Thank you for staying with us and I trust your next visit with us will be even better.

Reviewed July 22, 2014

The lobby was expansive and modern. The staff was very friendly. Some cold orange and
lemon-flavored water added a nice touch. Our room, though spacious and clean, could have
used a little updating. But, the beds were very comfortable. Since we were a part of a tour
group, we enjoyed a private dinner in one of the conference rooms. The following morning, we were greeted with an excellent buffet breakfast.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 17, 2014

The very first impression of this hotel I had was the extremely pleasant girl at the check-in desk, the first person you see when you come into the front doors. Every time I ever passed by her or another one during my four-night stay, they made me feel so welcome. That is important to me, I like to feel welcome at the hotel I stay at. They were very accommodating, also. This hotel was clean and had a very pleasant smell. They have fragrance enhancers in any hall of the hotel, and it was not overpowering to me, but so pleasant. I also really appreciated the large containers of water with fruit in it, just around the check-in desk for guests. The only complaints I have are first, the bathroom was too small, you can hardly turn around in it to shut the door (and I'm not overweight), which catches the bath mat. I love to swim, and the chlorine was so strong the whole time that I could hardly keep my eyes open, they burned so much, and it irritated and dried my skin. I really don't have any other complaints, it was overall, a very good experience at this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the mountains. It was very pleasant.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

Good Hotel on a very ínteresting City, however one thing ocurred that never ever before had ... I requested a Room change that without questioning was granted, but what great surprise to find that on new Room shower there were: used bath soap, shampoo and conditioner - not mine obviously.

Great surprise for all including front Desk !!!

Are they cleaning rooms correctly?

Stayed: July 2014
gmprovomarriott, General Manager at Provo Marriott Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2014

Thank you for making your comments. As I've mentioned before it helps the hotel correct and improve each and every day. I'm glad you had an overall good experience. I'm sorry that you were changed to a new room that was not ready for occupancy. I've spoken to those involved and we have the situation corrected. Again, thank you for the comment and I hope if your travels bring you back to Provo that you will choose the hotel again.

Reviewed June 29, 2014

We were very much impressed by the service here. When we found that we had a room without a fridge (my wife needs to keep medicine cold), we were allowed to switch to a more expensive room without charge. We found the front desk staff to be unfailingly friendly and helpful. The same went for the bartenders, Ingrid and Michael; the latter was especially convivial and outgoing. Unfortunately, we can't say as much for the food at the bar. We got the worst chicken wings I have ever eaten (at a price of $9.50 for six!). They were dry and so tiny I can only assume they came from Cornish game hens. My wife's apple and pecan salad featured frozen apples and tasteless pecans. Ingrid took it off the bill, which helped. Our room was large and the furnishings were relatively new, but tasteless. The bed was good, and the bathroom was nice, featuring a good mirror for shaving. The room was quiet except when the very loud air conditioning unit kicked in. The service helped turn what would have been a mediocre stay into a good one.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
gmprovomarriott, General Manager at Provo Marriott Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2014

I'm glad to hear that the service at the hotel was "top-notch" and that the general experience at the hotel was very good. I've spoken to the kitchen concerning the food offerings and they are putting those involved through some additional training. I'm sure we will have it resolved very quickly. Thank you for your comments and I hope you visit the hotel again