“Provo in the winter”

Ranked #4 of 20 Hotels in Provo
Lavon
“Provo in the winter”
Reviewed December 30, 2013

I had to travel to Provo, UT for a couple of days of business and decided to book the Provo Marriott Hotel. First of all the staff was extremely attentive. The amenities in the hotel were outstanding as well. It was very snowy when we arrived and the parking garage was adjacent to the hotel so we were not unloading out bags out in the elements. Once inside, they have a great workout facility with tons of free weights, cardio machines, as well as other machines to get a full, fitness center type of workout. The room was really spacious and I had a view of the snow capped mountians right outside my window. It was refreshing after leaving Dallas where it was 70 degrees. While we went out for dinner that evening with our customer, everyone mentioned that the restaurant onsite was really good. The hotel is off the main strip (University) however, everything is pretty centrally located. And both Salt Lake and Park Cities are thirty minutes away.

Room Tip: Higher floor with view of the mountains
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Atlanta, Georgia, Usa
Reviewed December 26, 2013

Having traveled to Salt Lake City for many years, I was extremely impressed with the new renovation of the Provo Marriott and the way that they are leveraging technology (QR Codes) to improve service levels and efficiencies from both a check-in and check-out perspective.

The new Restaurant and Bar is a welcome change and adds a tremendous amount of ambiance to the location.

From a value perspective, this Marriott location exceeds all others.

I will certainly be spending more time at this location.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the mountains.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Jeff A
gmprovomarriott, General Manager at Provo Marriott Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, December 27, 2013
Thank you so much for your recent review of the Provo Marriott Hotel. I'm glad to see that you enjoyed our renovation and our efforts to update the hotel's technology. We were one of the first hotel's to utilize the QR codes as another method of guest contact. I'm also glad to hear that you will be spending more time at the hotel. If I can be of any assistance please let me know.
Colorado
Reviewed November 21, 2013

Enjoyed the concierge lounge. Well stocked and very friendly. Staff was nice enough. Bartender was very fun. It is close to some restaurants. One of which served one of the best meals I hade ever had, Communal. Just up the street and it is a must! Was not impressed with housekeeping service. They did not clean well. I asked for a fridge and was told they would get back with me but I never heard another word. Our room had a heating system that made noise all night. It was a bit annoying. Otherwise, just fine.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

My daughter and I had a great Friday night meal at their great restaurant. The scones were fantastic. I had the special, beautiful breaded catfish, it was better than the catfish I have when I visit the south. My daughter thought her grilled chicken ceasar salad was the best. This has to be one of the best restaurants around.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
gmprovomarriott, General Manager at Provo Marriott Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Thank you so much for your comments concerning our restaurant. We have been receiving a number of great reviews and it is nice that you recognize it as well. I will pass along your comments to the culinary team
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed November 4, 2013

This hotel is not what I would expect. It looked beautiful on the website, but in person it looked very dated and almost dirty. The televisions are very old and the rooms are just okay. The worst part was that the air conditioning was so noisy it was unreal. The hotel had one of those old fashioned air conditionings that old hotels have, where it's in the wall beneath the window. It was so loud I wished that I had brought ear plugs. Overall, the service was okay. Nothing special unfortunately. I normally love Marriott's, and I have stayed at the Marriott Residence Inn in Provo and it is about 100x better than this one.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank B H
California, Maryland
Reviewed November 3, 2013

This hotel is curious, some things are great, some are really not.

Pros:
- very nice breakfast buffet (not included in basic rate though!)
- VERY nice gym (several machines and free weights) and fitness room (with pool and jacuzzi)
- newspapers in lobby, flavored water freely available
- fast Wifi (not included in basic rate though!)

Cons:
- the slamming doors that another reviewer mentioned: it's impossible to close the doors in quiet manner
- the TV sets in the rooms are set to a very low brightness (at least in the two rooms I tested), so dark in fact that some aspects of 'The Matrix' or 'Men in Black' were not visible, and the set/the remote do not allow one to adjust this
- the room cleaning was not adequate: the coffee machine was not cleaned, coffee etc. not replaced, and the bed making is the sloppiest I have ever seen (again, in both rooms I tested).

Would I stay again? Probably, because of the buffet and the fitness room, but still, they could be a little bit better.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
gmprovomarriott, General Manager at Provo Marriott Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Thank you so much for your insights. I have passed along your comments to the Food department concerning the buffet. We have been receiving great comments and it is nice to hear that you feel the same. I've also spoken with the other departments concerning the television brightness and room cleanliness. Just last year we had put in brand new televisions throughout the hotel and we may have missed the brightness levels. We will go through each room to adjust the levels. And of course, we will work with the associate who serviced your room to insure that we clean all guestrooms to the level expected. Again thank you for your comments.
Passaic
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Nice lobby with Board Game tables. Friendly, accomodating staff. On-site parking garage. Received a free room upgrade to a lovely suite . Great location in downtown Provo. Will return there this month!

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family