“Do not expect too much”

Provo Marriott Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #5 of 20 Hotels in Provo
Reviewed April 22, 2013

When I think about Marriott, I would expect a perfect room but in reality it's not up to the standard. There is no kettle in the room, and they have even run out of hotel slippers! I had to wear my sport shoes all the time which was very incovenient. The coffee maker is full of dust and stain!

However, the hotel is situated at good location and Hertz is located just in the lobby which makes convenient for hotel guests to rent cars. There is also Smith's supermarket in just 10 min walk. In addition, the staffs are very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sylviagan
There are newer reviews for Provo Marriott Hotel & Conference Center

Reviewed April 17, 2013 via mobile

This Marriott is staffed by very friendly people but the rooms are disappointing. Worst feature: noisy A/C unit under the window, reminiscent of Holiday Inns in days gone by...

The best feature: interesting restaurants on University Ave a block away. We highly recommend Communal--great farm to table cuisine well prepared.

Hotel choices are a bit bleak around here, I guess.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank GLennox
Reviewed April 16, 2013

The staff is friendly, the newly redone hotel is open and inviting. This is the best hotel in Provo that I have found to date. It is also within easy walking distance to downtown restaurants and shopping.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank usma73
Reviewed April 10, 2013

The Marriott lives up to its reputation here in Provo. It is a very clean and well managed hotel. The staff are friendly and I've only had good experiences here over the last few years. The rooms are simple but just what you need.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed April 9, 2013

This is a really nice hotel. Their is a starbucks in the lobby as well as a restaurant and bar area. It's great for business or when travelling alone because you feel welcomed wherever you are. The lounge has some fresh baked cookies at night, which is welcomed for me, a person who is always on the go. There is no liquor in the lounge, but the breakfast there well makes up for it! The rooms were very comfortable and well kept.

Room Tip: Try to get on the executive level to get the breakfast in the lounge, otherwise it's ala carte i...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
gmprovomarriott, General Manager at Provo Marriott Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2013

Dana B.

Thank you for your insight and positive review. I'm glad to see that our guests are having a good experience while at the hotel. Sorry that we don't offer liquor in the concierge lounge as there are some local restrictions; however, we hope to get that changed. Until that time we have an amazing bar located in lobby where you can get a drink. Once again thank you so much for all of your kind words and if you are back in the area I hope you continue to choose the Provo Marriott.

Thanks
John Garfield

Reviewed April 8, 2013

I live in Provo, UT and this is the best hotel in town by a long, long ways. I write this because I know when I am traveling it is so difficult to know which hotels are good and which are not. SO as a resident of the area and an individual who spends a lot of time in conferences in hotels or overnight for travel in one hotel or another - the Provo Marriott is the best in Provo. It has the most amenities, the best service, the best proximity to great downtown restaurants (all within walking distance), and by far the best value. To me it is head and shoulders above all the other hotels in town...I can't even believe the Provo Marriott is sometimes priced below other hotels in Provo because there is not even a comparison.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank SamW098

Thank you so much for your positive comments and insight. We agree with you and hope that others feel the same. Since the renovation the overall guest response has been very positive the majority of time and our results reflect that change. I'm also very luck to work with an amazing team that truly cares about the guests and their satisfaction. I'm glad you recognize that as well. Once again, thank you so much for your kind words
John Garfield

Reviewed April 8, 2013

We have now stayed at all the Marriott properties in the Provo, Utah area. We decided to give the hotel a try again. I am sorry to say the stay was a bit disappointing. I twice had to ring the bell and call for someone to assist me at the front desk so I could pay for little shop items. The new lobby looks wonderful, but I had no need to use it. The bed was reliably nice. I was disappointed that room service was limited, since I arrived late and had counted on something from room service. I was grateful I had something from the plane still tucked in my travel bag. I was put in a room near the elevator and could hear everyone coming and going, plus every ding of the bell. When I asked if the hotel was full at the desk, they told me it was almost empty, so they must have limited the guests to one or two floors. We have been loyal to Marriott brands for twenty years, but this stay was substandard.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the elevator and ice machines.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo