“This should be 4.5 stars”
Review of Thai Village

Thai Village
Ranked #48 of 305 Restaurants in Provo
Cuisines: Taiwanese
Reviewed June 21, 2014

I ate at the Thai Village last night. I had a hard time deciding what to order, because I keep hoping to find spicy noodles that don't have eggs. I'd be willing to try someone else's order, but I'd hate to order a whole dish and not be able to eat it (I dislike eggs to the point of gagging). I hadn't remembered the advice about the Masaman curry, so I ended up ordering the Beef Waterfall Salad with some cream cheese wontons (which I know aren't probably authentic Thai). The salad was amazing. It was just the right level of heat for me, as it was painful at times, but not to the point that I couldn't eat it. And it wasn't just hot! I've gotten frustrated with hot food lately, in that a lot of it seems to just be hot and have no other flavor. The flavor of this dressing was complex and exquisite. The heat only added to the flavor, rather than dominating. The lettuce seemed very fresh and the cucumbers were great. I usually dislike raw onions in salads (this had red onions), but they did not bother me too much in this, although I did not eat all of the onions. Overall, this was a great salad, and I'd highly recommend it. The cream cheese wontons were interesting, too. They had cabbage or lettuce or something inside them in addition to the cream cheese. The flavor was interesting as well. I think I would have to have them more often to decide how much I really liked them, and unfortunately, I do not live in Provo and probably won't return in the near future to find out. The only downside was the service. While it wasn't bad, it wasn't great, either. My waitress seemed to not want to be there, and was frowning a lot of the time. She really only did what was necessary, although she was prompt and efficient.

Reviewed May 14, 2014

Being a chef, my wife and I are always trying to find new gems in the local food scene. We wen't to this establishment, drawn in by their building, and curiosity, but it just didn't live up to much of what we thought we were going to find.

The menu looked like it would be great, so after some looking we made our selections. The meal took a little while to arrive, especially concerning since we were the only people there at the time. When we received our plate it seemed that what we got was a blending of our orders. It was hard to describe, like our two orders got mixed, but just a part from each. The food still tasted pretty good, but it didn't seem like anything special that I couldn't find anywhere else.

Try if you want, but I don't believe we will be returning.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

This is a solid choice for Thai Food in the area. The Masaman Curry is a house specialty. You can ask for additional spiciness if you like your food a little hotter. The Spring Rolls are really good as well. When there's choices like this, there's no real reason to eat a chain restaurant while in the area.

1  Thank JDMiller_7
Reviewed December 5, 2013

Thai Village is fantastic. The Thai family that owns this restaurant started with a single location in American Fork. This first location was so successful that they opened a Provo location. I can't say enough good about their curry. If you are new to this place, I recommend the Massaman Curry, but really you will be very happy with any one of their many curries (Pumpkin, Pineapple, Yellow, Green, etc.) The Pad Thai is great as well. I am fairly price sensitive, so I love if I can catch their lunch special. I highly recommend this place, I've never been disappointed.

Reviewed June 2, 2013

This is the McDonald's of Thai restaurants. Run by blonde college students in Provo--who never heard of Thai food, had no idea about the menu, but not to worry: THIS ISN'T THAI FOOD It is kiind of pre-frozen, canned, delivered from a restaurant supply house: pre-made Spagettios tasting gunk. The Pad Thai was more like a sweet spagetti red sauce with ABSOLUTELY NO FLAVOR, we couldn't eat that so we ordered a "spicy seafood curry." It smelled bad and fishy, the fish was fake crab, rubbery pre frozen something else, and more of the sweet red sauce. The "fish roll appetizers" were not as good as what you could get at the frozen food section of your local supermarket. The server should have been working behind a counter at Arby's. The other diners were all blonde BYU students who obviously didn't know what real Thai should taste like. Disgusting experience. (especially when we realized that Banana Leaf was right across the street.)