“Birthday Dinner for 5”

La Jolla Groves
Ranked #12 of 300 Restaurants in Provo
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Orem, Utah
“Birthday Dinner for 5”
Reviewed July 3, 2013

Had a lovely dinner for my son's 21st birthday. We ordered the bruschetta and stuffed mushrooms for appetizers. The mushrooms were the low point of the meal. Greasy and way to much cheese. Mu husband had a berry apple salad which was very tasty. I had the beef burgeonion pasta, which was great. We will be back

• Visited July 2013

Salt Lake City, Utah
“Elegant Atmosphere but Small Portions and High Prices”
Reviewed June 27, 2013

The setting is wonderful! Big lemon trees (not real, but fun and gorgeous) dominate the restaurant, and the theme is "lemon"—yellow napkins, yellow roses on cafe tables (no booths) very pretty! The ambiance is lovely! The food was very good but skimpy portions and high prices. The menu choices are limited. My husband remarked he could easily eat 2 dinners, and they were about 1/2 portions of other restaurants. But what we got was delicious. The atmosphere is what makes this restaurant special.

• Visited July 2012
Cedar City, Utah
“not quite there yet”
Reviewed June 20, 2013

I went with my fiance to celebrate her getting a new job but left a little disappointed. We arrived and were promptly seated but ended up sitting for about 25 minutes before being acknowledged. I was just about to try and grab a waiter when one passed by and asked if we had been helped yet. Never experienced that in a fine dining setting. Don't they have assigned tables? Good was good not great. Overall a good restaurant but several restaurants in same little shopping center are much better.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank dantheman4224
Hong Kong, China
“A favourite in Provo”
Reviewed June 12, 2013

My husband and I go to this restaurant everytime we visit Provo. The service is good. The food is good. We take guests and they love it. I recently went with a party of 11 and the service was off. Our food wasn't coming out in the right order and some of our requests were ignored. Our waiter was very apologetic and made it up to us. The food was still very good. My guests relaxed and I relaxed. The evening ended well. Thank you so much for recognizing our frustration and turning the evening around for us. We'll be back. We often take small children to this restaurant and the restaurant goes the extra mile to make our little guests feel welcome.

• Visited June 2013
“Remember this is Provo”
Reviewed June 4, 2013

A pall of infused lemonade types are The clientele. They think they're in a swanky place. Hello people!!! This is a perfectly adequate dinner. Overpriced. Under seasoned entrees. Decent service by a school girl who says "perfect" after your every order. I had a chicken parpadalle dish that was "chicken breast" with some kind of rather good mushroom sauce over noodles. Hubby had a $12.00 "wedge salad" that was worth $2.00. (okay $4.00) and an overcooked cilantro crusted salmon that he enjoyed but he was starving from no lunch. He wouldn't order a cocktail in Provo because they water down the 3/4 shot they serve you. But I had a perfectly fine glass of Cab for $6.00. The lemon dessert was tart and well done. The fake lemon tree grotto was rather charming. Hopefully our new truck will be ready tomorrow and we can get home. No I wouldn't go back but if you're somehow stuck in Provo it's probably one of your best bets.

• Visited June 2013