“Lo, they have forsaken us...”
Review of Station 22

Station 22
Ranked #9 of 310 Restaurants in Provo
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Description: At Station 22, we dig way down deep into our American roots to bring you fresh, reinvented versions of family recipes, classic dishes and some new flavors you never imagined. We love the concept and flavors of "vernacular cuisine"- foods that are rooted in specific regions and family traditions. Who doesn't? These are the flavors of Grandma's house, potlucks, family gatherings and small, family-run restaurants. We love to eat foods that we connect with-foods that hearken back to warm times with family and friends. Times beyond us, that extend all the way back through our grandparents and beyond, from our now tiny branches down into our deepest roots.
Reviewed August 29, 2013

I have forsaken them and their too-cool-to-provide-good-service ways. Why?

1. Their service quality plummeted. They wouldn't even take a group of us when we came in at about 9:15, even though they close at 10:00.

2. Their food quality has changed a lot. They keep being "inventive" by making gross versions if simple food. Want a reuben? It has to have some apricot jam stuff mixed in with the onions. Want poutine? The gravy is rootbeer-flavoured gravy! Want the excellent vegetarian options they used to serve? They're all gone!

3. For all this, the wait time has tripled and the cost has at least doubled. Want a take-away order of some simple french fries? 6 dollars!

In truth, it is they who have forsaken us.

1  Thank LetMyForbynGo

Reviewed August 26, 2013

We found Station 22 via the TripAdvisor app while traveling south on I-15 and looking for a place to stop. It was on a really cute street and had some fun, kitschy decor and a cool atmosphere. My husband had the pig and cheese sandwich and raved about it. They had a great selection of unique sodas and drinks. I was disapointed, though, that they were out of two out of the three vegetarian selections, so I was forced to have the ratatouille sandwich. It was really good (the vegetables were really well seasoned and the bread was great), but I would have preferred to have some options. Overall, I'm glad we found this place, and we would return if we're ever in the area again.

Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

Had the Abe Burger (I think that was the name) and gravy fries, was truly amazing! The server wasn't the best, but I would go back regardless. Definitely recommend to go eat here for the good food.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

Thoroughly enjoyed lunch at Station 22. Had pulled chicken salad - delightful mix of golden raisins, chicken, cilantro, maybe some lime over a bed of spring greens. Delish! My friend really enjoyed her BLT sandwich... the sweet potato wedges were yum! I'm definitely headed back when I'm in town again!

Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

This is what local food should be like. It wasn't unbelievably great but very good. The service was good and prices were fine.