“Greatly improved” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 20 Hotels in Provo
Rockledge, Florida
“Greatly improved”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2010

Much improved over the last year or two.
Pros: big, attractive rooms, clean, decent beds, wifi, hbo
Cons: poor breakfast

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank Bobr99

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Chadds Ford, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2010

My wife and her family stayed in hotel. The check in process was slow, staff was rude and rooms were dirty. Spoke with hotel staff about a billing issue and was screamed at by a woman and a man who claimed to be her husband on the phone. They were very argumentative, I was accused of lying, was told I was wrong and am not welcome to stay at their property again (which was no problem to me) and was even threatened by a man named Onel with physical violence. Very difficult to communicate with them due to their attitude and heavy accents. I have never been treated so poorly in my life by a hotel staff and I am in the industry at another Choice Hotels property. I would never bash another Choice Hotels property, but this was by far the worst experience I have ever had in a hotel.

• Stayed June 2010
1 Thank DrummingDad

Travelers are raving about these Provo hotels

Edmonton, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2010

We were in town for a convention and had stayed at this hotel before. This time, however, the rooms were badly in need of some TLC. The faucets dripped and the rooms were not particularly clean. The hotel was in a not great part of town and there appeared to be alot of partying going on. We called the front desk and complained about the noise and the dripping faucet, but all of our calls were pretty much ignored.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
Lander, Wyoming
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2010

I stayed with this Choice Hotel (www.choicehotels.com) because of their special promotion in the spring; while I felt the cost was more than it was worth, it was one of two stays for which I got a third night free, and it evened out. I did NOT find it dirty nor the front desk people (a family I think) to be rude; but did find the 'breakfast' to be not worth my time. The beds were fine, and the microwave and fridge were a great convenience for me. It is located at one of the strangest intersections (off I-15) I've ever experienced in all my travels, but that is Provo's weird design. It's next to a minimart/gas station but you have to go a few miles to find a restaurant. If I had no choice, I WOULD stay there again... but wouldn't necessarily recommend it to a female friend. I do think the rate is based on an attitude that they think it is better than it really is... not great value.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled solo
Provo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2010

I have been to 27 different states hundreds of cities, and never have I encountered such awful situation. The room was dirty, when I checked in, there was toilet paper in the toilet, the doors are not sealed and it smells terrible. I checked in at 4:00 p.m. at 4:10 p.m. I went to the front desk and told them about the problem. I requested my money back and they refused to give IT back uder the statment that I used the ammenities because my wife had set on the bed. I then called the police to mediate and explained the situation. The police officer strongly advised them to give me my money back, and they still refused. So I called my bank and disputed the charge for a service that I did not use. THEY ARE RUDE, THE PLACE IS HORRIBLE, AND THEY WILL ATTEMPT TO KEEP YOUR MONEY EVEN IF YOU DO NOT USE THEIR SERVICES. STAY AS FAR AS POSSIBLE FROM THIS PLACE. ALSO I WENT THROUGH ALL THESE PROBLEMS AND THEY COULD BARELY SPEAK ENGLISH, INCLUDING THE MANAGER, WHO WAS THE RUDEST.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank gabrahao
Central Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2009

Not a bad deal for the price in Provo, but nothing at all special. Stayed 2 nights in 08/2009. The breakfast was truly awful, I didn't even bother with it the second morning. Office staff courteous but hardly friendly. Rooms roomy but plain, pretty clean. Mattresses felt cheap but relatively new. A/C old and a bit noisy. Parking spaces tight. In-room fridge and microwave.

• Stayed August 2009
Mesa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2009

This was a very nasty dirty hotel and when I wanted a different room they refused to help me. They would not give me my money back either when I wanted to check-up because I was not happy. Stay away from this place!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Provo
Sleep Inn Provo
4.5 of 5 stars 459 reviews
La Quinta Inn Provo Town Center
Provo Marriott Hotel & Conference Center
Comfort Inn & Suites Orem

Been to Econo Lodge Provo? Share your experiences!