“Not Happy At All Nasty Dirty and Rude Staff”
Review of Econo Lodge Provo

Econo Lodge Provo
Ranked #16 of 20 Hotels in Provo
Mesa
“Not Happy At All Nasty Dirty and Rude Staff”
Reviewed July 3, 2009

This was a very nasty dirty hotel and when I wanted a different room they refused to help me. They would not give me my money back either when I wanted to check-up because I was not happy. Stay away from this place!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
chicagp
Reviewed October 24, 2008

All travellers do not go to this terrible hotel in provo even for free. Front desk lady and the guy do not know english and i have to wait for 20 minutes to be checked in. Being a franchise there was no friendly attitude or proffesionalism.

Horrible rooms with bad odour and no spa as advertised, they take more money for the stay.

the guy at the front desk has an attitute problem. the break fast was stale from expired dates the ornage juice was not the real orange juice. the choice franchise has to look into this hotel operations.

i am saving all to go to this hotel from experiencing this horrified experience.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Travelers are raving about these Provo hotels

Olympia, Washington
Reviewed September 1, 2008

We stayed here a little over a year ago (July 2007) & did not submit a review though the stay was above average because we had a lower (1st floor) room located near the middle of the complex. The room then was better for convenience, good odor, and easy parking.

However, this time (August 2008), we were place in Room 205 which a a top (2nd floor) room located in the corner end of the complex. The room had an odor, was not as convenient and parking wasn't that bad. For the price, it was okay & we gave it an average rating (with 2 other ratings higher).

Here's what I learned, you can call the motel in advance to request a lower level room (preferably near the center of the complex) which may make the stay (for us, since we stayed there previously) a little more (1 notch rate higher for us - Above average) tolerable. One thing to keep in mind is that it is a "Motel" and as such, it is slightly less expensive with the service being slightly so so. For us, the front desk is very busy during the day/evening & waiting to call or get the staff person on duty may require a little wait.

Overall, I'd only stay there if I could get a room request, otherwise, I would pay the difference (higher price) to stay elsewhere in Provo.

• Liked — The price.
  • Disliked — The odor.
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
Apache Junction, az.
Reviewed May 17, 2007

My husband and I wanted a clean, quiet place to stay while visiting relatives. The motel is located on a very busy street, near a very busy intersection. The view is of the street, or the gas station next door. The smell of gasoline was constant.
There were plastic chairs outside the rooms, but the noise and smell made sitting outside impossible.
Rollaways and mattresses were stacked outside our door all week. The advertised hot tub/spa was broken. The internet was difficult to use. The bathroom was so small that my husband hit his head on the door trying to turn around and nearly knocked himself out. On a personal note....The broken toilet seat gave me such a pinch!!!!! OUCH! We tried to leave the window open to get some fresh air, but there wasn't any. I wish I could say something more positive......But I can't.

• Liked — The steak sandwich restaurant across the street.
  • Disliked — Too difficult to choose
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled as a couple