“Good Things in Small Package”
Review of Courtyard Provo

Courtyard Provo
Ranked #9 of 20 Hotels in Provo
Reviewed October 18, 2012

Came with spouse on business trip. Small, but absolutely first rate. Staff extremely helpful, happy. We had a compact room with one King bed, but it was fine. Plenty of room for my laptop and good wi-fi. Exceptionally clean. Love red/yellow modern decor. Best of all was our magnificent view of mountains and big sky. Supposedly just renovated; but it looked and felt all brand new. If you don't have a car, they shuttle to many nearby places, such as the university or shopping. Remember of course, Provo is basically a small town. No hotel restaurant, but a small bistro in lobby open for breakfast and dinner. And they serve Starbucks at Bistro. Food was very good and freshly prepared. You can eat at cozy booth in lobby with your own personal flat screen...or you take food to your room. Again, shuttle will take to nearby restaurants. While my husband was in a conference all day in rooms downstairs, I was upstairs doing my work on computer and enjoying the gorgeous view. Also spent a day exploring BYU. Recommend their art museum, and they have several museums there. Another plus, the rooms are VERY QUIET. You don't hear a thing from neighboring rooms. This is always a big turn-off for me. And of course, I love the no-smoking policy. There is microwave and small fridge for keeping snacks on hand. A reasonable hotel with a PREMIUM view. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank ZZZSleepSound

Reviewed August 14, 2012

I was in town on business, and the hotel was decided for me by someone else. I typically prefer a little nicer hotel class, however, this one was recently renovated and offered very nice accomodations. The room was a nice size, with comfortable king bed, small sofa, desk and TV. The bathroom was very nice also. The front desk staff was very friendly.

but...
The bathroom countertop was not washed very well. It's granite, so you can't see it well, but when the light hit it, or you touched it, you could tell it didn't get cleaned. There was soap residue or something by the sink. The sink looked clean, but the counter just wasn't wiped well.

and the biggest but...
I'm pretty particular about my things, and how I pack. I rarely have my room cleaned when I travel, instead opting to put the Do Not Disturb sign on the door. However, I had take-out for dinner my first night in hotel and didn't want my trash to make the room smell for the 3 days I was there. When I returned the evening of my 2nd day, my suitcase had been unzipped and my things were gone through. The contents of my suitcase were certainly not in the order I had left them. It didn't appear that anything was missing, but this is a HUGE violation of privacy and made me very uncomfortable.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank eventplannerCLT
Reviewed August 6, 2012

I stayed two nights at this hotel in July. Positive: very clean, renovated rooms, great friendly service, good location close to the highway and the University Mall, plenty of places to get some food in near proximity. The indoor pool and the hot tub are nice when it's cold outside, and they have free Wi-Fi and parking. Negative: no room service for some reason, the pool area does not have any outdoor chairs/area for sunbathing, the hotel cafe (Bistro) is only open til 10 am in the morning and then re-opens at 5 pm for dinner. Overall, great value for the money, and I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed August 3, 2012

My son and I recently stayed here at the Courtyard on our last fishing trip. The hotel is really clean. Nice clean rooms and comfortable beds. When we arrived the hotel staff were very nice and informative about all the hotel and other questions we had about the surrounding areas. We will stay here on our next trip out for sure.

If you want a really clean room with great service and a friendly enviroment I would recomend staying here and the prices are pretty good to. I would rather pay a little bit more for a clean bed and room than go for a cheaper place to stay.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 10, 2012

I visit this area frequently for work and this is my first stay since the hotel was renovated top to bottom. Wow it is terrific! Totally updated lobby with a handy Bistro restaurant (and yes they have a liquor license!). The rooms were completely gutted and have brand new bathrooms and the latest Courtyard contemporary decor. Very comfortable. The staff was obviously excited about their new renovations and were all friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed July 2, 2012

While visiting the hotel was under heavy rennovation and several of the advertised amenities were not available. The on site restaurant is shut down. False fire alarms triggered by the construction are loud and annoying. The lobby area was closed so no breakfast or lounge. Front desk takes a long time to answer. Pool is indoors and kids enjoyed it.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 1, 2011

Very nice hotel just down the street from BYU. I was there for a meeting and only spent one night at this hotel. The rooms were very clean and the bed was comfy. Everything was up to date and worked well. It was quiet with no noise. I didn't get to use the pool, hot tub, or weight room, but they also looked nice. The Wi-Fi was free and easy to use. There is a restaurant in the building, a Denny's and a burger joint across the street. My only complaint was no free breakfast.

• Stayed: November 2011