“Poor Customer Service”

Fairfield Inn Provo
Ranked #6 of 20 Hotels in Provo
Reviewed July 20, 2013

I was not able to be in town with my family and we had the need for an extra rollaway bed. I called to request it and was told that if my wife spoke with the manager we would be able to arrange it. My wife went early to talk to the manager and the person behind the desk told her that she couldn't talk to the manager. They were abrupt and rude. The only solution given to my wife was to get another room. As a Gold Elite member, I was very disappointed and frustrated. I ended up canceling the room and booking with a different hotel chain that would take care of our needs. Definitely note the quality of service I have come to expect. I was shocked at the poor service.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Michael R, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn Provo, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

Dear Guest,

I apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced at our hotel.

We are not able to put a roll away bed in the room that you wanted because it is against the fire code.

Our staff is always friendly and accommodating. But we cannot be in violation of the law.

We hope you will give us another chance to host your family!

There are newer reviews for Fairfield Inn Provo

Reviewed July 18, 2013

I recently stayed at the Provo Fairfield while I was in town on business. While there is nothing particularly special to cause a rave review, there really isn't anything to cause a bad review either. It seems to be an older hotel, but is not run down, rather it is fairly well maintained. The staff was very friendly and helpful just as one would expect at a Marriott property. The WIFI was outstanding, and I never had any problems with inadequate signal. It would have been nice to have easier electrical access at the desk. The bedside lamp had extra electrical outlets, but there were no extra outlets in the base of the desk lamp. The bath towels were a mix of very nice thick and plush towels and older thinner towels. Each day they left at least one of the good towels, but I was still stuck with some old ones too. The parking lot is a disaster. The main parking lot is a dead-end parking lot that wraps around the side of the building, and if you make the mistake of turning in there when the lot is full, you will have quite a time backing out. But at the end of the day, this is the lowest priced of all the Marriott properties in the valley, so when you consider the cost, you must also accept that it may not be as new or have as nice a parking lot as a hotel that costs twice as much.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! We're glad that you found our staff to be friendly and helpful!

Our Wifi is the fastest in Utah Valley!

We do appreciate some of the concerns you have expressed and we are in the process of a full upgrade on our property.

Here are a few key advantages of staying with the Fairfield Inn by Marriott Provo:

1) We have a great location across from the Provo Towne Centre Mall with their shopping, restaurants, and movies for your entertainment. We also offer discounts at many of the restaurants in the area. 10% at Sizzlers and Arby’s, 15% at Red Robins, 20% off at Gloria’s Little Italy plus other discounts and incentives at other area restaurants and retail stores. We’re right off Interstate I-15 exit 263.

2) Our free deluxe hot breakfast includes scrambled eggs & sausages, waffles, bagels, pastries, muffins, hot cereal, cold cereal, hot chocolate, juices, fresh fruits, yogurt and boiled eggs.

3) We have the fastest hotel internet in Utah Valley at 10 mbps on a fiber optic network.

4) We’re ranked 4th of 22 hotels in the Provo area on tripadvisor.com

5) We have great amenities including a heated indoor pool and spa, LCD flat plan TVs, free newspapers and many more!

6) We have a very friendly staff!

7) We are the “Best Value in the Valley”

We look forward to your next stay with us when you are back in the Provo area!

Best regards!

Reviewed July 12, 2013

Going back to1998-1999 I was the most frequent guest at the Provo Fairfield two or three years running. It was a good choice then, pre-Wifi. But now, with really good, fast, Wifi, an experienced and highly competent staff and way better than average swimming pool and hot tub, this is a really great place. I have just done six nights straight (Sunday in, Saturday out) and have been in one of the renovated rooms. I carry HDMI and VGA cables in my backpack and connecting my Mac to the HDMI port on the 37 inch LG flat screen was easy and gave me a second computer display, with some help from the maintenance staff in relocating the desk a few feet to give me an optimum work environment. A nice touch was Rebekah of the overnight front desk staff coming up to the 2d and 3d floor hallways to herd the teen age girl softball players back into their rooms at about 11:00 p.m.. She simply told them they had to get into their rooms with their parents and be quiet and they actually obeyed. I am not sure how far along is the renovation. So far it is only guest rooms and not the lobby or front desk. The staff is hoping the front entrance gets sliding doors, which will help especially in winter. Finally, it would be nice if they would stock one or two spare flat screen televisions so that auxiliary computer display could be accomplished without moving a desk and chair by just putting the aux display atop the in room frig, which is next to the desk. Another nice touch, pretty much standard in all Marriott properties, is that AC outlets for computers, phone chargers, etc. are adjacent to desk and both sides of beds.

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room. North side is better to keep low winter light off of computer displays as...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Michael R, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn Provo, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2013

George,

Thanks for your review of our hotel!

It's always a pleasure to have you stay with us!

Thanks for recognizing Izzy our maintenance engineer. He really works hard to keep our property in great shape. Also thanks for recognizing Rebekah our night auditor. She always makes sure our guests are comfortable and goes out of her way to take care of their needs.

We're excited about the remodel and it is coming along quite nicely!

We look forward to your next stay with us!

Reviewed July 1, 2013

This is an older hotel which is in the process of quiet and considerate renovation. The check-in staff (especially Katie!) were kind, courteous, and very helpful. They arranged for us to travel to and from our business site in their van, which saved us time, trouble, and money. The breakfast was good and more than adequate. The kitchen staff treated us like guests in her kitchen rather than people who were just in her way in the morning (which I've encountered at other inns serving breakfast). The internet connection was (as they said it would be) the fastest in the valley and easy to sign onto. Great place. Would recommend highly for business or family travel. They had a pool and a workout room which we didn't have time to enjoy but several other people did and they looked like they were having fun!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Michael R, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn Provo, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to write a review of our hotel.

Katie our front desk manager is always very kind and attentive to our guests needs and she works very hard to train her staff and make sure our guests feel that this is their home away from home.

We're glad you enjoyed the breakfast and our internet service. Our pool is one of the best in town and we look forward to having a gym when our remodel is complete.

We look forward to your next rip to Provo and the opportunity to be of service!

Reviewed April 22, 2013

I arrived at the hotel and noticed right away that they did not have automatic doors. Once inside I saw a table with chips and salsa, one with lemon water, and the other with chocolate chip cookies. I thought that it was an very odd variety. My room was big, but the beds should have been replaced a few years ago. There was no fitness area and the business center was a single computer in the main lobby. The towels were as cheap and thin as I have ever seen. The breakfast was actually pretty good. The front desk person was very nice and so was the lady who ran the breakfast area. If it were not for the two employees I would have given this location a poor rating. I will never stay at this location in my future travels.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Rob2222
Michael R, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn Provo, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of our hotel and for recognizing our wonderful staff.

We are also glad that you enjoyed our breakfast!

You are absolutely right about the need to update our hotel and as I respond to your review we are in the process of doing just that. All of our beds have been upgraded to Serta top of the line mattresses and we have already remodel several of our rooms. We will also be installing a brand new high tech gym, a new business center, a completely remodeled lobby with sliding glass doors and a completely redesigned breakfast area.

We are excited about all of these great changes and would love to invite you back to enjoy our newly renovated hotel!

We apologize for the inconveniences you experienced and look forward to another opportunity to provide you with outstanding service during your stay!

Just as a reminder a few key advantages of staying with the Fairfield Inn by Marriott Provo are:

2) Our free deluxe continental breakfast includes scrambled eggs & sausages, waffles, bagels, danishes, muffins, hot cereal, cold cereal, hot chocolate, juices, fresh fruits, yogurt and boiled eggs.

4) We’re ranked 3rd of 22 hotels in the Provo area on tripadvisor.com (Click on green icon below to see reviews)

6) We have a very friendly staff!

7) We are the “Best Value in the Valley”

Reviewed April 20, 2013

I have been staying at this hotel for quite some time and have always like the location off the freeway and close to everything Provo. A little disappointed this time though cause the room just feels dated. I know they are getting ready to do a major renovation though so I am looking forward to the next visit to see the changes. I liked the access to electric ports for all of my sons ipods and iphones and also the ipod dock/alarm clock. The phone didn't work on our room though which was inconvenient to talk to the front desk. I guess they didn't want to hear my complaints lol. My kids liked the breakfast and the big tub. I was surprised the tub was bigger than normal. I also like the curved shower curtain rod. Overall a great family value and the usual good Marriott customer service. Even though they messed up some of my paperwork they were really nice about it.

Room Tip: the end of the hall is nice and convenient to the parking lot
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Thanks for your review!

We are glad that you have chosen to stay with us during your many visits to Provo! We are also glad you enjoyed the amenties in our room and the great customer service of our staff.

We do recognized the need to update our property and as I am responding to your review we are in the process of doing just that. We have completed 10 of our rooms and all of the beds have been upgraded to Serta top of the line mattresses.

We look forward to your next stay as we will have completed our remodel!

Reviewed April 17, 2013

This hotel is conveniently located right off I-15/University Drive. The room we had was clean. The extra towels and pillows we requested were ready and waiting in our room. The employee who checked us in was efficient, but not very engaging - no eye contact. Other staff, however, were very friendly and chipper. The complimentary breakfast had the usual hot and cold suspects. The towels were very thin (glad we had extra) and the shower was meek. We received a very good rate at this average Fairfield, so we will consider returning to this hotel when we are back in Provo.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Dear Jeana,

Thank you for your review of our hotel!

We are glad that you found our location to be ideal for your stay and that you enjoyed our breakfast.

As a staff we work very hard to ensure that you feel that this is your home away from home.

The towels have been upgraded as we move through our remodel process and I apologize for any inconvenience that may have been caused.

We look forward to your next stay when you are in town.