“Easy off and on the freeway”

Fairfield Inn Provo
Ranked #6 of 20 Hotels in Provo
Reviewed October 6, 2011

Nice room. Reasonably clean and updated. Service was good.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Loren R
Michael R, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn Provo, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of our hotel! We are glad that you found our location to be convenient and that you enjoyed the other amenities of our property.

We recently upgraded our internet service to a fiber optic network with blazing speeds of 10 mbps, which makes us the fastest hotel internet in Utah Valley!

We really make a concerted effort to ensure that your experience is a positively memorable one!

We look forward to your next visit!

There are newer reviews for Fairfield Inn Provo

Reviewed August 26, 2011

We stayed here for 2 nights. The hotel employees had great service. This hotel is conveniently located right off of I15 and close to food. We got this hotel on priceline for a great deal but priceline only booked us with 1 king, and we needed 2 queens. The front desk was nice enough to change it for us without a fee. The breakfast has many choices, nothing to really brag about but worth having.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank wannatravel435

Dear Guest,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel! We are glad that you found our location convenient for you. Also thanks for mentioning the service that our staff provided to you. Our staff works very hard to ensure that your stay is a great one! And we are glad that you enjoyed the variety of our continental breakfast.

We look forward to our next visit!

Reviewed June 29, 2011

I have never been to a hotel with a better staff! The breakfast is great as well, a lot of variety and such a nice breakfast girl. The hotel is very clean! The old management was not on top of things but the new managment will help you in any way possible. I have been coming here for years and they have new LG TVs in all rooms. The suites have TVs on the wall too! Overall this hotel gets a 5 for its staff mostly. Its pleasant after a long drive to have a friendly person check you in and give us warm cookies!

Room Tip: Ask for a top floor room!! :-)
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple

Jimmy,

Thank you for your review of our hotel! Thanks for recognizing our staff! Our general manager Ben really emphasizes the importance of being of service to our guests. Mary, our breakfast girl really does do a great job!

As you have mentioned we have upgraded many areas of our hotel, the flat panel TVs, refrigerators and microwaves and most recently we have upgraded our internet service to a fiber optic network running at 10 mbps. And the warm cookies are just the icing on the cake!

We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed June 13, 2011

I have stayed at this Fairfield Inn for 20 years, during the past 3 to 4 years I have watched this facility become run down. I decided to give it one more chance. I left after one night. The beds are terrible. they feel like they are 20 years old too. Light bulbs are burned out, the furniture is worn, the hair dry unit fell off the wall when I touched it, even the toilet seat was loose. When I checked out I explained why I was checking out early the front desk person was very nice, but there was nothing she could. She said the the employees have been telling the group that owns this Fairfield about complaints from customers and that things need to be fixed and updated, but they do not respond. I don't have these complaints about other Marriott properities. I'm a rewards member and try to stay as often as possible at a Marriott', but after 20 years never again at this one.

Room Tip: If you want the best room don't stay here.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of our hotel and for your loyalty over the last 20 years! I apologize that our hotel was not up to the standards that you expect at a Marriott property.

We have made extensive upgrades in the last year to ensure our property meets and exceeds those standards. We have added refrigerators and microwaves to our rooms, flat panel TVs, alarm clocks with Ipod docking stations, refinished the furniture in the rooms and this January we upgraded our internet service to a fiber optic network running at 10 mbps.

Our new general manager Ben is the most meticulous individual that I have met when it comes to cleanliness.

I have been in sales for over 25 years and this is my first time working in hospitality. I have always emphasized the importance of providing outstanding products and services. And I have successfully translated that to my hospitality experience.

We would love to have another opportunity to rekindle some of the found memories that you have had at our property.

You may have noticed that one of the proceeding guest reviews mentioned the changes he has experienced since new management took over. He said, "The hotel is very clean! The old management was not on top of things but the new management will help you in any way possible."

Please don't hesitate to contact me personally if you have any questions or concerns!

Reviewed December 27, 2010

When I went to give my kids a bath in the evening, there was no hot water! We left the next day and when we got back there was a note on the door saying "could not clean the room due to the condition it was left in." What? So my kids had left some clothes on the floor but the cleaning service couldn't even change the towels or empty the trash. The front desk was rude and unappologetic. The climate control is archaic and the room was way too hot. We tried to turn it on cool but it didn't work. When I tried to take my kids to the pool in the middle of the morning, the maintenance man was working on it. I usually rave about Marriotts but this one is the worst. Time to change the staff/management here!!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank candicemil

Dear Candice,

Thank you for taking time to write a review on our hotel!

I apologize for all the things that went wrong during your stay with us. Sometimes events combine to create that perfect storm.

You are right! It was time to change the management and staff. And that is exactly what has happened.

Ben, our new general manager is the most meticulous person I have met in regards to cleanliness. He is also very selective in the staff that he hires to ensure that they are customer service oriented and friendly.

We have made extensive upgrades in the last year to ensure our property meets and exceeds Marriot Hotel standards. We have added refrigerators and microwaves to our rooms, flat panel TVs, alarm clocks with Ipod docking stations, refinished the furniture in the rooms and this January we upgraded our internet service to a fiber optic network running at 10 mbps.

We can't go back and change the experience you had with us in December 2010, but we can guarantee that if you give us another opportunity to be of service to you and your family you will be pleasantly surprised!

One of other guest reviews says it best when he said, "The hotel is very clean! The old management was not on top of things but the new management will help you in any way possible."

Please don't hesitate to contact me directly if you have any questions or concerns!

Reviewed November 5, 2010

When we first arrived, we were assigned room 119, which is located on the first floor (obviously) and next to the hotel restrooms and the swimming pool. We immediately noticed the smell in the room was strange, and we realized that it was the smell of moldy carpet, likely from the pool next door. Upon notifying the front desk, we were hastilty and happily assigned another room, on the next floor. The new room was much better. Each room has a new Vizio HD TV. The continental breakfast was very good, with delicious waffles, pastries, cereal, bagels, etc. There is a guest laundry room located in the hotel, and we used it without any problems. At the front desk each guest can obtain a free USA Today and a copy of the local paper. The hotel is a little over 2 miles from BYU. May stay here again. The best part was the friendly staff!

• Stayed: November 2010
1  Thank chotiwala75

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel!

We apologize your first room was inadequate to meet your needs.

Thank you for mentioning how impressed you were with our staff! We work very hard to make sure your stay is a pleasant one. When things do go wrong we are very quick to resolve the issue.

We are glad that you enjoyed the upgrades in your room and the continental breakfast that was provided!

We look forward to your next stay with us!

Reviewed November 17, 2009

I stayed only one night here and next day I get so frustrated the lobby smells so bad like
chlorine I get headache the TV's are very old and the beds so nasty
WOW
I can't believe it
I highly recommend la Quinta
new mattresses and their service was very professional

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business