“No Sleep”
Review of Hampton Inn Provo

Hampton Inn Provo
Ranked #1 of 20 Hotels in Provo
Reviewed July 1, 2012

Don't get me wrong, in general I am a huge fan of Hampton Inns and as a professional speaker I have done keynote programs for the them (and other Hilton brands). Most are the gold standard for mid-level hotels. That's why I sought one out. The main problem was the AC unit. First of all it was loud, changing in stages from silent, to a buzz, then loud, then quiet, all in the space of 5-10 minutes. The changes would not allow sleep, and I was tired. In addition it was fire and ice... the room was freezing when we walked in so we spent the next 12 hours adjusting back and forth. When it turned on it was freezing, when it cut off it got too warm. I literally did NOT sleep. Neither did my daughter. My son could sleep through a hurricane and he was restless. I had two nights reserved but switched to the La Quinta across the street and we all slept well the next night. I really hate making a review like this but someone needs to hear this.

Room Tip: Check the AC unit before you settle in.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank Mike R

Reviewed June 26, 2012

i have stayed at hampton inns in several cities. and they all look very similiar. including guadalajara mexico's airport. love the price point. love the amenaties. love not being aprehensive about my lodging.

this was located right off the fwy. but i was able to walk to the city center. i am a walker so it was ok. and the hotel was next to a sizzler, so there is a way to get some fresh food.

Room Tip: we like upper floor. pers pref.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 13, 2012

Athefter a grueling long trip I was a bit worried about anything that might delay me getting comfortable right away.
My family checked in and we noticed the dimentions of everything are smaller and less spcious than other HAMPTONS. We were checked in quickly and they verified my room had no down items due to allergies. We went up and the carpets are lass fancy and plush than we are used to. The room is about 20 - 25 % smaller than most.
Buthe important thing to me wa that my room #309 was immaculate. No funky bathroom smells. No moldy odors from the AC. The bed was comfortable and inviting and passed the bed bug test. Absolutly no repairs needed in room. My duaghter said the fold out bed was comfy. Bathroom immaculately clean. And the sounds from other room was very muffled. This is what I am looking for. A great nights sleep in a comfortable room.

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed April 6, 2012

After traveling for hours upon hours and spending the last few nights in subpar hotels for nearly a hundred bucks per night, we stumbled upon this hotel. There was construction going on but they were still very acccomadating and did not charge us for our pet. Best service and nicest rooms I've ever stayed in!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Jody H
Reviewed November 21, 2011

This place really needs a makeover! Rooms are pretty small but clean. I would stay elsewhere until they remodel which I understand may be 1st quarter of 2012.

• Stayed: November 2011
1  Thank jbrew00
Reviewed November 1, 2011

We ended up at the Hampton without a reservation, after a long day travelling. Asked for a smoking room and luckily got one - for that I thank you. Starting with reception - helpful and friendly receptionist and a speedy check in. Our room was spacious, clean and well appointed. Had a good nights sleep with a selection of pillows. Coffee is available near the recption. Breakfast was good. This was our first stay at a Hampton and we were very pleased. We would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Kwaitang
Reviewed September 26, 2011

My family stayed in this hotel for 3 nights while visiting my daughter at school nearby. We chose it based on positive Trip Advisor reviews and were sorely disappointed. It may be OK for a budget hotel but certainly not for close to $100 a night. I will never stay here again!

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else!
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family