“worst nights sleep of our vacation” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Provo

Days Inn Provo
Ranked #10 of 20 Hotels in Provo
Tumbler Ridge, Canada
“worst nights sleep of our vacation”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

front desk staff would not honour discount coupon although hotel was not full. room was clean but bathroom incredibly small and needed updating. No sound insulation we could hear the showers and toilet flushing from our neighbours, the room above us partied until 4am and security did nothing. free breakfast was adequate but nothing special. I would not stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
2 Thank john h

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014 via mobile

Let me preface this review with the fact that I never have made a hotel reservation with any place that costs more than $60 a night.

That said, I will NEVER make a reservation with Days Inn ever again. Their corporate customer service is beyond rude and appallingly inconsiderate and unhelpful. Although I have stayed at Days Inn and their affiliates previously, I will never ever do so again whether I have to go out and get an expensive hotel or not. We had one major problem with this particular hotel and Days Inn couldn't care less.

I Will say this, the staff at the Provo Days Inn did pretty much everything they could to take care of us. Everything they could besides keep up their hotel that is. Honestly, I wasn't expecting anything other than a clean room where I could relax and take a nice bath after my thirteen hour drive before sleeping comfortably in the king bed I reserved. Such was not the case. The room we received when we arrived was anything but clean (as were the rest of them by the way). It was filled with smoke. I'm pregnant. I'm not going to stay in a non-smoking room that smells like ten people lit up in it for three days straight. Thanks. The second room we got was two queens. Understandable for one night, but I ordered the king for a reason. My 6'4" husband and my prego butt just do not fit well on a queen. I'd take it for the night since its late, but I wanted my king for the rest of my stay. In any case, our queen room door refused to open. Grrr, seriously the maintenance issues were seriously getting annoying. They got the room open thank God. In the morning we left for our scheduled vacay stuff and the manager called to tell us they'd switch us to a king when we got back. We told her we wouldn't be getting back till much after three (their check in time) and still expected to get our king room. When we did arrive back that evening, the front desk staff informed us we would have to stay in our queen. Eventually they did give us a king (hence the staff did do everything they could to appease us) there was just some miscommunication between the manager and her underlings. The next day, our key cards didn't work when we got back to our room during the day. No major problems with that, it just shows how terribly dilapidated this place is. I really can't believe it's still in service.

Oh and the most major thing about this is not the imperfect arrival or the outdated accommodations. It was the serious unclean state of the hotel and the complete disregard of customer service by corporate.

-Smoke in non-smoking rooms
-Blood stains on carpet and linens (I didn't bring this up because it was in every room we had and I am still trying to process how they could do this)
-bath tubs that don't stay filled
-and a structure which has never been fixed up therefore is falling to pieces
-A MAJOR HOTEL CHAIN THAT CARES NOTHING FOR THEIR CUSTOMERS AND WHO WILL YELL AT, DEMEAN, AND IGNORE ANY COMPLAINERS.

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank Sarah Elizabeth A

Travelers are raving about these Provo hotels

Murchison, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

Tidy, welcoming place with very friendly staff, great location close to town but still nice and quiet. Felt safe and welcomed even when travelling on own. Nice comfy beds, great internet connection and good to have fridge and microwave in room

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Lethbridge, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

Very good location and pretty good motel for the price we paid. We would stay there again. One night was free with our Wyndham rewards and we had no problem with the service.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

The room was large, comfortable, fridge and microwave clean and worked well. The only problem is the noise from rooms over and behind. Could hear all uses of shower and walking around overhead. Couldn't they have put some insulation in when constructing? Or at least more.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo

Provo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014

You get what you pay for. The room was adequate but the front door must have been made out of paper since it did nothing to keep out the traffic noise.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Also consider these accommodations in or near Provo
Baymont Inn & Suites Provo River
Residence Inn Provo
#3 of 20 in Provo
4.5 of 5 stars 259 reviews
SpringHill Suites Provo

Been to Days Inn Provo? Share your experiences!