Residence Inn Provo
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Courtyard Provo(Provo)
View Hotel
All reviewsbedroom suitefront desknice kitchenriver traillaundry roomevery morningfire pitlong termnice propertythe kitchen staffbyu campusgreat customer servicewonderful staybed was very comfortablemarriott propertiesquiet locationwould definitely stay here again
Reviewed August 12, 2013

This is the place to stay. The comfort the helpful staff and the overall experience is worth the 30 minute drive to salt lake. The rooms are luxurious and the breakfast is great. The staff couldn't do enough for us. We spent two nights here and highly recommend it.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Rita R, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Provo, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

Thank you for staying with us, we are so delighted that you enjoyed your stay and hope you will return again soon. Please don't hesitate to let me know if I can be of assistance to you in any way, Again, thank you for being our guest!

Director of Sales
rita.riling@dimdev.com

Reviewed August 10, 2013

Wow, great hotel. Stayed for six days and five nights.

Location: 5 stars
-Close to BYU, Lavell Edwards Stadium, University Mall, etc. Right next to Motion Picture Studio for Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
-Very safe area, no worries at all.
-Short walking distance to shopping centers with plenty of restaurants (see my review for Thai Mango).

Room: 5 stars
-Livingroom, kitchen, bedroom, bathroom, two closets, thermostat.
-Roomy.

Livingroom: 5 stars
-Office desk with easy access power outlets, executive chair, lamp.
-Comfortable sofa with pillows.
-Comfortable chair with ottoman.
-Table.
-40" LG flat screen TV with ports.
-TV table with two drawers.
-Coat closet with ironing board.

Kitchen: 5 stars
-Full size refrigerator with built-in ice maker in freezer.
-Two burner stove.
-Microwave.
-Sink with garbage disposer.
-Dishwasher.
-Plates, bowls, glasses, silverware, utensils.
-Small table for two.
-Free Orville Redenbacher microwave popcorn and coffee/tea packets.

Bedroom: 5 stars
-Comfortable queen bed, lots of pillows.
-Good lighting.
-40" LG flat screen TV with ports.
-Two end tables with lamps and one clock.
-Bureau with four drawers.

Bathroom: 5 stars
-Single sink with good counter space.
-Drawers in counter.
-Double sliding mirror door closet.
-Quality, name-brand obligatory toiletries.
-Provides toothpaste or other forgotten items.
-The toilet and shower have a door--separate from sink, counter, and mirror.
-Nice shower head, arched curtain rod for more room.
-Excellent water pressure, always had hot water.
-Towels are full-sized and while not super plush, not cheaply thin, either. Nice towels.
-Hairdryer.
-For those in which this matters, the toilet paper is somewhat thin as all hotel toilet paper is, but this is soft toilet paper for your tushies.

Services: 5 stars
-Free hot breakfast buffet. Many, many items to choose from that somewhat changes during the week. Scrambled eggs, hash browns, bacon, sausage patties, muffin breakfast sandwiches, ranch potatoes, French toast, omelettes, make your own waffles with a variety of toppings, hard boiled eggs, yogurt/granola/blueberry parfaits, high quality muffins and pastries and breads, four different cold cereals, cooked oatmeal with add-ins (pecans, raisins, brown sugar), trail mix or candy, apples, bananas, chocolate/2%/fat-free milk, juice.
-Free dinner on Mondays and Wednesdays. Possibly on Tuesdays as well, but I wasn't there. On Monday I had yummy stuffed bell peppers. Wednesdays is burgers and hotdogs at the BBQ grill on the patio.
-Free shuttle service which I used everyday to get to the BYU Conference Center and back.
-Free morning local newspaper at your door.
-Free high-speed WiFi with the convenience of no password.
-Free small business center with Dell computer with 24" screen and printer. I printed my airline boarding passes for free. Windows PC with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Powerpoint). USB ports for jump drives, etc.
-Free parking.

Amenities: 5 stars
-Swimming pool, open 6am to 11pm with a baby pool.
-Exercise room (didn't see).
-Laundry room with two washers and three dryers. Coin operated. Flat screen TV in the room.
-Conference room. Or rooms. Not sure how many.
-Basketball/tennis court. They provide equipment checkout if you don't have your own.
-BBQ patio that patrons can use.
-Walkway in the back.
-24 hour snack center. Drinks of all kinds, ice cream and ice cream novelties, microwaveable meal items, candy & munchies, misc. items. All at hotel prices, but it is convenient if you don't/can't go somewhere late at night. Can buy it then or put it on your room bill.

Service: 5 stars
-Very friendly staff in all dealings. Efficient. Shuttle driver in the mornings was really nice.
-When I first got into my room, there was already a voice mail on my phone. It was from the front desk clerk saying welcome and hope everything is right with the room. Very nice touch.

They say that they just replaced all the beds and their next phase is to upgrade the bathrooms, paint, and carpet. Would like to see what they do because everything looks great now.

Of course, I would definitely come back. I cannot believe that this is cheaper than the Marriott. I cannot believe how inexpensive the rates are.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Rita R, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Provo, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2013

Thank you so much for the wonderful review and for staying with us at the Residence Inn by Marriott. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and hope you will come again soon. If I can be of assistance to you in making future reservation, I will list my information below.

Again, thank you for being our guest and we look forward to your return!

Director of Sales
rita.riling@dimdevcom

Reviewed July 18, 2013

Usually stay at a different hotel in Provo, but decided to give this one a try. The bad points include the décor is a bit dated, lighting in the bathroom is very poor, and some of the furniture is worn.

The good points are the staff is excellent, the facilities were clean, breakfast is ample, and the hotel is conveniently located.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Brady W, General Manager at Residence Inn Provo, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your most recent visit to the area. I am very happy to know that you were extremely pleased with the service provided by our staff as well as the cleanliness of the hotel. I will make sure to share your comments with the entire staff and let them know how happy you were with them.

I also appreciate you letting me know concernig the furniture and bathroom lighting. Please know that I have been at this property for only 6 months and have been working diligently on a solution concernig the furniture. I am happy to say that you will notice a great improvement most likely during your next visit. I have ordered new covers for the chairs in the rooms which will provide a very pleasant look as well as feel. They shipped out last Friday and I expect they will arrived on property any day now.

Concerning the lighting, I will have my chief engineer try a different light bulb in hopes to improve visibility in the bathroom. Should we find one that will increase lighting and is energy efficient, we will definitely make the switch.

I can assure you that it is the goal of my team and I to work towards accomodating the needs of every guests.

Please know that the Residence Inn provides a wonderful product as well as service. Unlike many of the other accommodations in the area, all of our rooms are spacious as we are an all suite hotel. In addition, we provide an oustanding complimentary hot breakfast to fit the needs of our guests. Lastly, we provide complimentary light dinner during our evneing socials for our guests a few nights during the week. I am unaware of any other hotel in the area that does that. Residence Inn prides itself on value as well superior service.

Thank you again for choosing the Provo Residence Inn during your most recent stay.

I look forward to your return.

Brady Willardson

Reviewed July 7, 2013

I travel to Provo often and normally stay at different Marriott properties, however this time with family figured we would try the Residence Inn since there was four of us.

Walking through the hallway after check in and seeing the stained carpets and dinged walls should have been the first clue of what we were in for. Once in our room, the carpet inside was no better, and was full of stains, presumably from the pets that they allow in their rooms. Speaking of the pet policy, if you have even mild allergies like we do, then this hotel will not work. After awhile in the room, the presence of dog hair and pet dander was overwhelming. I decided to look more closely at the couch in the living room, which was a mistake, as the amount of dog hair on the couch and under the cushions was disgusting. And speaking of that couch, I am really shocked they even allow them to keep this furniture on site, totally worn down.The final straw here was when I noticed my two year old's brand new white socks were completely black after walking on the carpet.

Way to unclean to stay here for the planned four nights - checked out early and found somewhere else. I stay 60+ nights a year at Marriott properties, by far the grossest experience I have had at one of their properties.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Dear valued guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your most recent visit to the area. I also thank you for taking the time to provide a review as it is a way for us to see things from the perspective of our guests in order to improve our service. I know that you are on the road many nights out of the year and you have expectations especially when staying at a Marriott property. I apologize that your experience was not as you had hoped. It is my goal to make certain my guests are well taken care of.

Please know that I take guest comments very seriously. For this reason I have developed a few additional procedures to guarantee your experience does not happen again. As soon as I received your review, I immediately notified all department managers in order to resolve.

It has been a week since I received the review and I have had my maintenance department shampoo and clean all public area carpets as well guest rooms. I am happy to say that they are almost completely finshined. I expect completion no later than by the end of this week.

Also, my Executive housekeeper as well as her team are paying extra attention to any sign of animals in the room. Whether we are aware of the animal or not, housekeeping will immediately notify maintenance should they discover any sign of pet residue. At that point, the front desk will place the room in out of order until maintenance has provided suite care to the room and I have personally inspected it.

I can assure you that it is the goal of my team and I to work towards accomodating your needs the best that we can.

I hope that you will take these things into consideration when returning to the area.

Again I am sincerely sorry that your experience did not meet expectations. Should you return to the area, I hope that you will give us another try in hopes that we might provide you with the service you expect. Please feel free to contact me personally should you decide to try us again. I would love the opportunity to provide you with the experience you expect when staying with Marriott.

I look forward to your return.

Brady Willardson

Reviewed July 1, 2013

Clean, well presented, conveniently placed hotel. We were on our way from southern Utah to the airport and this was just well placed. We found the driving directions confusing - but we are English! We saw a lot more of Provo than we expected before we arrived at the hotel. Service was good and friendly.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Rita R, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Provo, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

Thank you for staying with us at the Residence Inn Provo, we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay. We hope you return again soon. Please feel free to contact me if I can be of assistance in any way with making future reservations for you.

Again, thank you for being our guest!

Director of sales