“Great!”

Ranked #2 of 20 Hotels in Provo
Massachusetts
“Great!”
Reviewed June 29, 2011

We stayed here really as a stopping point on a long driving trip from one destination to another. We arrived in late afternoon and left after breakfast the next day, and my only regret is that we couldn't stay longer! The room (it was a suite, really) was HUGE and clean, and the service was impeccable. There is ample parking. The beds are comfortable, and the services provided are exhaustive. It certainly lacks the charm of most boutique hotels, but if you're planning on going with a chain hotel, there's no reason not to go here!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed May 29, 2011

Having a family (and Marriott status), I've spent a lot of nights at Residence Inns. This one seems a bit older and outdated. The breakfasts are not very good and the happy hour is ony 1 or 2 nights per week and the food is not very good. For families, my preference is the Springhill Suites in Provo, which have rooms that were bigger, nicer and newer.

• Stayed April 2011
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed April 29, 2011

I brought my family to Provo for a graduation and was very happy with our stay. This Residence Inn makes you feel right at home with their friendly staff. The morning breakfast buffet has something to please everyone - my kids loved making their own waffles. They even have a sports court to enjoy basketball or tennis.Enjoy!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed January 6, 2011

I wanted to express how much I enjoyed my stay at the Residence Inn in Provo. This was one of the cleanest and nicest hotels I have ever stayed at. The breakfasts each morning were excellent and the staff was the friendliest I have ever come across. I will certainly stay here again when in Provo. Thank you.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed December 27, 2010

Was planning on staying there with my family on business. On a whim I decided to call them before we left home and found out they were overbook and could not give us the 2 Bedroom we reserved. I was told we would have two 1 bedroom suites. With two children this would not work. The women I was speaking with was very polite and helpful but had to call her manager before she could do anything. It took a while for her manager to call her back and then for her to call me back. We decided to postpone our trip a day and they gave us a free night. With a family we have come to count on Marriott Resdence Inn to provide us with their 2 Bedroom Suites, as a Silver Elite member I expect to receive booking priority. When I asked why I was bumped no one could give me an answer other than someone else assigned the rooms. Whats the point of earning Silver or Gold? Heaven knows the points Marriott offers are useless.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
USA
Reviewed December 20, 2010

This Residence Inn is nice and has been updated in the last year or so. There are woods behind it so you can get a quiet room on the 2nd floor and for 70$ it is worth it.
Provo is a STRANGE place and always will be , it is the home of Brigham Young University
and is a very conservative town that has a palpable vibe to it..... Mormons can seem to tell
just by your voice if your not a Mormon and it just feels weird. But if you have to be in Provo,
this is a good motel. There is a very popular and likely good Mexican cafe about a 5 minute walk away.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
aurora, co
Reviewed October 29, 2010

We were twice scheduled for an extended stay at this Inn, which we truly loved on previous viists. We had come to consider this Residence Inn our home away from home. And were not used to looking elsewhere for our many trips to visit my Dad,

But this year I couldn't get their sales or general manager to return calls pertaining to our stay. We travel with two special needs children so do a lot of preplanning, due to their unique needs'. But despite repeated call and faxes, no reply.

Since it appeared they didn't want our business, I went elsewhere this time and cancelled the trip in March of this year. They cost more than any place I know of in Provo, and expected better of a Marriott property. So be warned, great place, but don't expect any help from management!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank cotingey
GMPROVORESINN, General Manager at Residence Inn Provo, responded to this review, November 1, 2010
Dear Guest,

I would like to apologize for the lack of returned calls concerning your stay with us. I know in the past our Director of Sales has enjoyed a good relationship with you ensuring that you have a discounted rate as well as taking care of any special needs you might have. I would love the opportunity to talk with you and to do what I can to let you know how much I appreciate your business.

Casey Chapple