“Expensive!”

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Palouse
“Expensive!”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

After getting off the plane and reaching our hotel - we were starving and directed towards Gloria's Little Italy. I must say that I was not impressed by this restaurant from the start! The staff seemed very awkward and the prices were ridiculous. And to top it off, I was overcharged when I bought one of the cheapest things on the menu. The food wasn't horrible, but not great either. One place I definitely willnot be returning to...

• Visited August 2012

Pleasant Grove, UT
“Not my favorite Italian”
Reviewed July 31, 2012

My daughter loves this place, so we all gathered together as a family at Gloria's for her birthday. I had the minestrone soup, which was watered down, no flavor, cabbage soup. I tasted someone else's tomato basil soup, and it tasted like it came from a can and added some cream to it. The Italian soda's are so much better at California Pizza Kitchen. No refills on the Italian cream soda's at Gloria's.

My oldest son ordered the lasagna, and he said there wasn't enough cheese on it, and the sauce tasted just like the tomato basil soup and said my homemade lasagna was better. I had the pollo marsala. But wasn't impressed. I could easily make this at home as well.

All in all, my daughter loved what she had, but she orders the same thing every time, so her boyfriend says. I can't remember what it is she had. LOL....

Anyhow, I would rather go to Carrabba's than Gloria's. One, its less expensive, and at Carrabba's has their combo plate, "The Johnny", that consists of steak marsala, and chicken bryan, that is to die for....

• Visited July 2012
Beaumont, California
“Yes! There really is a "Gloria"”
Reviewed July 10, 2012

We found this restaurant by accident while looking for something else, but the setting was so inviting we decided to have lunch. We are so glad we did - my husband's half-panini and pasta special was excellent and the tomatoe basil soup and salmon salad were one of the best I have ever had. These were accompanied by all you could eat house garlic bread. They had a small but acceptable wine list and the gellato ice cream and deserts looked wonderful. We will stop there again when we travel through Provo.

• Visited July 2012
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Expensive, but good”
Reviewed May 23, 2012

Driving through Provo, we almost stopped for BBQ at a restaurant across the street from Gloria's Little Italy. The food at Gloria's smelled so good, we went there instead. We started with bruschetta, which was very, very tasty. Fresh tomatoes, basil and mozzarella, drizzled with balsamic vinaigrette. My husband didn't like it, but he doesn't like fresh tomatoes to begin with. My gnocchi with arrabbiata sauce was very good, but man what a gut buster! Holy cow! I felt like I wouldn't need to eat again for a week! His calzone was ok. I've honestly seen and tasted better at less pricey restaurants. It was very doughy, and the filling was fairly bland. Not bad, just not worth the price. We chose to eat outside, which was nice. The service was quick and attentive, the food was good, but I don't really think it's a good value. If you're on a tight budget and want to splurge on a good meal, you might be a little disappointed. If you're not on a tight budget, the food is good and not outlandishly priced.

• Visited November 2011
Rigby, Idaho
“Great Italian Food”
Reviewed May 16, 2012

We used to eat here quite often and enjoy the authentic flavors and feel of this restaurant. My personal favorite is the Caprese and they have a large selection of amazing italian pastries.

• Visited July 2011