“Could not ask for more”
Review of Legacy Inn

Legacy Inn
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Price
Reviewed January 31, 2014

Booked this hotel at the last minute for an unexpected trip. Needed a pet-friendly, reasonably priced room in the area. I will admit I was hesitant as hotels of this vintage tend to be less than ideal but I put my trust in the ratings and went for it. The ratings are spot on.

Arrival.. Super friendly staff checked me in quickly fairly late at night. The friendliness continued the next morning including an offer to fix me a cup of coffee for the road.

The room was spotless. Furnishings were recent though the hotel was of an older style. Tub/shower was a replacement one-piece unit and very clean. Bed and linens were great. Towels weren't as thick as those I've seen in fancier hotels but they were clean. Flooring was clean. Heat was ample and quiet.

Price was downright inexpensive and they were pet-friendly. I'd stay again in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: Can't see where there would be a bad room. Though there are train tracks nearby and I was in a...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo

Reviewed January 15, 2014

We stayed at the Legacy Inn in December. Arriving late at night, we were greeted by Dianne, our host. We were traveling with friends, so she ran down to their room to turn up the heat and turn down their bed.

We awoke to a heavy snowfall, but the staff shoveled out the parking lot near the cars by hand, then the bulk by blower. All was fine.

Our friend had an ear infection, and Dianne provided a
Polish concoction for him which helped.

Her waffles were terrific too! And we loved that she cooked them for us!

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed January 6, 2014

Another motel at which I never would have stayed but for tripadvisor. Very nice room, great wifi. My only complaints: The heater worked, but turned off and on a lot; the water was plenty warm enough for a shower, but could not get really hot. I had a nice conversation with the Polish owner, who showed me a map of Poland at various time points starting in the 1920's. My father was born in Bromberg, Germany which is now Bitgosh, Poland.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed December 23, 2013

When we travel we like to stay in locally owned motels as opposed to the large chains (support the small businesses). We were pleasantly surprised when we stayed at the Legacy Inn in Price, UT. Very clean, well maintained and a wonderful breakfast taboot. They accept pets ( we have a kitty) and the rates are quite reasonable. Good value!
Be sure to check out the nearby town of Helper just north of Price. It is a very interesting town with lots of history and nice folks. Great cup of coffee at the "Love Within Cafe".

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed December 3, 2013

Located this property in the AAA Tourbook. It was listed as a 2 star property. When we went to the AAA website to book - the property was not listed. And I'm willing to bet that AAA dropped them. Buildings were in need of repair. Property did not look clean at all. The room seemed clean, but the bed and bedding could use an upgrade. Unfinished repair work in the room. Flimsy foil packets of shampoo and lotions- were not even worth opening. There was a spider in the bathtub.

Breakfast was sparse - coffee was awful! I do not like people handling my food! Selection was poor,

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Karen L
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Modest motel with very clean, super quiet rooms. Ours was arranged perfectly with a queen bed, small couch, and several chairs; a good, comfortable space. Sink with large counter area was conveniently placed outside of the shower room. A very good breakfast had a bit of everything; the cinnamon coffee cake was delicious!

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Brenda L
Reviewed November 17, 2013

Excellent service, clean rooms, great breakfast - our host even made our waffles, very relaxing. He was also very helpful with the local area and things to watch out for. We'll definitely stay here again if we are ever in the area!

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple