“Positive Attributes / One Significant Issue”
Review of National 9 Price

National 9 Price
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Price
Reviewed June 27, 2013

From the beginning, I realized this was not going to be an easy check in, though it was hard not to have sympathy for the receptionist. The two people in front of me were challenged with the English language. One was not literate, and the other had about a 30% literacy. Once that issue was moved forward, it was my turn. Right out of the box you will hear my biggest problem with the property, because that is when it occurred. I was not given the rate quoted online. I do not believe it all that uncommon to drive all day rather than stop mid afternoon, so I was quite exhausted upon arrival and that was the primary reason I did not turn around and leave immediately. I did book directly through the property's site, though it is not the property itself that handles these reservations, APPARENTLY. The receptionist made it clear that my experience was not uncommon, and well know in my particular situation to occur repeatedly. No excuse for this to go unresolved.
All employees encountered were personable; room was nice, no complaints. For a room of this type, no issues with housekeeping/cleanliness. Upon arrival to my room, I was concerned based on appearance that there would be parties going on late into the night because of people "hanging out" near doorways. BUT, that did not occur, and it was a restful night including a comfortable bed. Internet connection seemed to work fine.
Honestly, the price issue would have impacted my decision, but after the lengthy drive felt I had to roll over and accept it. It just doesn't seem like an honorable business practice.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Casper99, Owner at National 9 Price, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

Dear validappeal,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our property. We are glad to hear that everything in the room was to your satisfaction but are concerned about the fact that you mentioned that our web site did not give you a rate. Our property website at national9price.com always gives a rate and a confirmation with the reservation as do all the third party sites that we associate ourselves with.

If you wouldn't mind reaching out to our property manager so that we can track down this web site that you booked through it would be greatly appreciated.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

When faced with a several month relocation to Price Utah for work, I had no idea where to stay.
I found the National 9 Inn through an online search and gave them a call. I mentioned that I would be in town and need a room for a few months, and they gladly took my reservation. Upon my arrival, I found a very well-run, clean and comfortable hotel with excellent customer service.

First of all, I have a completely housebroken and well behaved miniature schnauzer who they welcomed with open arms. There is a pet deposit and a small nightly fee for the pet, but those of us who travel with them are used to this. They have a nice grassy area in front of the rooms, and a large parking lot at a nearby church where we can take them for a walk. Additionally, there is a nice walking path along the river just a few hundred yards away.

The rooms are well-equiped with a small refrigerator and microwave oven. They have large, flat screen TV's as well as an air conditioning and heating unit, which keeps the room comfortable no matter what time of year it is. They offer breakfast every morning in the lobby which includes cofee, milk, juice, bagels, muffins, toast, cereal, and even a waffle maker.

The hotel location is great too. It is right across the street from a supermarket and K-mart so anything you need is within walking distance. There are also several restaurants and fast food places nearby. I have noticed several motorcyclists, RV's and many other travelers that have stayed here as they pass through, and everyone appears to be very satisfied.

Since I was staying for a few months, I needed to receive some mail/packages during my stay and the front desk personnel always made sure that I got them. The employees at the Price National 9 are all friendly, professional, and hard working.

I have truly enjoyed my few months here in Price, and am very grateful to the folks at this National 9 for making my long-term stay so comfortable and pleasant. I would recommend this hotel every time, whether you're staying for one night or one month!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Casper99, Owner at National 9 Price, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2013

Dear MeluBuceando,

I want to personally thank you for your kind review, I have shared your review with my staff and it really made their day. Thank you for staying with us and I hope we get the chance to be of service to you again in the future.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

After reading some reviews, we were a little bit sceptic, but the rooms were clean although there was a weird smell present. The Internet connection was fast and the beds were very comfortable. You could here something that is going on outside where a lot of people are passing by. The very basic breakfast was easy to have but not very special.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Slalon,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your stay with us. We appreciate your comments and I will get with my staff on how we can improve our overall breakfast. Again thank you for your comments and we hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed May 17, 2013 via mobile

This place is one of the best places we have stayed for the price. The rooms were clean the bathrooms were clean and the beds were comfortable. They have flat screens and microwave and fridge in the room. The breakfast was waffles fruit and cereal. I really couldn't believe how great this place was for the price. We will be staying here again for sure when we come down to this amazing part of Utah to play.

• Stayed: May 2013

Dear kkajag,

Thank you for writing a review on our property. It is nice to hear all the positives of your stay and we hope we get the chance to be of service again in the future.

Reviewed December 29, 2012

Stayed one night there as a cost savings due to competitive pricing. The room had a king bed and a couch. The TV was kind of in-between the two, so we had to turn the screen to be able to watch from bed. The light switch at the entry door was backwards so down was "on" and up was "off". This switch controlled all the lights in the room so you couldn't have the overhead light off without turning off the reading lamps by the bed. There was no dead bolt on the door nor a safety chain. The room seemed ok and adequate for the price. There are plenty of fast food facilities within a couple blocks for quick meals. The room window heater ran constantly when turned on, as there didn't seem to be a thermostat.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Casper99, Owner at National 9 Price, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2013

First I would like to thank you for visiting our property and take the time to write a review. With your help it only helps us to be better. I do want to share that we are considering installing additional door locks in addition to the dead bolt that is on the electronic lock. Again, thank you for being our guest and we look forward to serving you in the future.

Reviewed December 10, 2012

Our family came to Price to attend a funeral. With extended family we stayed in 8 rooms and were pleased with the value and service we received. We needed more towels and other items and they were delivered promptly. In the morning we enjoyed a continental breakfast and they accommodated us along with the other guest. The receptionist was very helpful. We will stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review on our property and please accept our condolences for your loss. We are glad that our service has pleased you and look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed April 19, 2012

Fair warning: this hotel brings in a lot of gas field workers and truckers (I am both) due to the competitive room rates. The room itself gave a impressive first impression; sofa, flat screen tv, microwave, fridge, very roomy. As I got settled in, however, I started noticing evidence of haste in cleaning. In fairness they did put a priority on my room as I asked for an early check in on short notice. If you prefer brown-bagging it as I do then you will appreciate the fridge and microwave in every room, something you do not get for over twice the price at the nearby Holiday Inn. Complimentary breakfast was basic cereal, muffins, but they do have waffle makers. I like to see a little meat or boiled egg at these continental breakfasts, but there was none here. For the money it was decent but not enough to gain loyalty from me, I'll be trying a different place next time I stay in price.

• Stayed: April 2012
2  Thank biggertrux

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your room, we want you to know that we do take your concerns to heart. In your review you mentioned the oil field workers, we do accommodate them but try to have them in a d different part of the motel so that they do not disturb our nightly guests. I have also reviewed your cleanliness comments with my housekeeping staff as well as personally inspected a number of rooms so that we can provide our rooms in a manner in which you would expect.

Thank you again for taking the time to comment.