“Adequate”
Review of National 9 Price

National 9 Price
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Price
Reviewed December 29, 2012

Stayed one night there as a cost savings due to competitive pricing. The room had a king bed and a couch. The TV was kind of in-between the two, so we had to turn the screen to be able to watch from bed. The light switch at the entry door was backwards so down was "on" and up was "off". This switch controlled all the lights in the room so you couldn't have the overhead light off without turning off the reading lamps by the bed. There was no dead bolt on the door nor a safety chain. The room seemed ok and adequate for the price. There are plenty of fast food facilities within a couple blocks for quick meals. The room window heater ran constantly when turned on, as there didn't seem to be a thermostat.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Casper99, Owner at National 9 Price, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2013

First I would like to thank you for visiting our property and take the time to write a review. With your help it only helps us to be better. I do want to share that we are considering installing additional door locks in addition to the dead bolt that is on the electronic lock. Again, thank you for being our guest and we look forward to serving you in the future.

Reviewed December 10, 2012

Our family came to Price to attend a funeral. With extended family we stayed in 8 rooms and were pleased with the value and service we received. We needed more towels and other items and they were delivered promptly. In the morning we enjoyed a continental breakfast and they accommodated us along with the other guest. The receptionist was very helpful. We will stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review on our property and please accept our condolences for your loss. We are glad that our service has pleased you and look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed April 19, 2012

Fair warning: this hotel brings in a lot of gas field workers and truckers (I am both) due to the competitive room rates. The room itself gave a impressive first impression; sofa, flat screen tv, microwave, fridge, very roomy. As I got settled in, however, I started noticing evidence of haste in cleaning. In fairness they did put a priority on my room as I asked for an early check in on short notice. If you prefer brown-bagging it as I do then you will appreciate the fridge and microwave in every room, something you do not get for over twice the price at the nearby Holiday Inn. Complimentary breakfast was basic cereal, muffins, but they do have waffle makers. I like to see a little meat or boiled egg at these continental breakfasts, but there was none here. For the money it was decent but not enough to gain loyalty from me, I'll be trying a different place next time I stay in price.

• Stayed: April 2012
2  Thank biggertrux

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your room, we want you to know that we do take your concerns to heart. In your review you mentioned the oil field workers, we do accommodate them but try to have them in a d different part of the motel so that they do not disturb our nightly guests. I have also reviewed your cleanliness comments with my housekeeping staff as well as personally inspected a number of rooms so that we can provide our rooms in a manner in which you would expect.

Thank you again for taking the time to comment.

Reviewed March 10, 2012

We stayed in the National 9 in price during a business/vacation trip and had our 2 dogs with, leaving the selection of hotels sadly diminished. Unfortunately, we were left with the National 9. Upon opening the door to our room, we were assaulted by the disgusting smell of cigarette smoke and as 2 non-smokers it was tremendously disheartening. Although it was a hindrance, we were very thankful that the cable ended up not working and the hotel moved us to another room. However, when we called about the cable and I asked about a non-smoking room, I was informed that the only rooms available for pets were smoking rooms. I was disgusted with the fact that the hotel wanted to lump smokers and pets in the same category. We have 2 incredibly well behaved boxers who will NOT potty inside, and who do NOT bark. We are living in the 21st century, I think it's time to have some new rules in regards to pets, since our boys are like children and many other pet owners feel similarly. It was surprising to see that smoking a cigarette while bathing must be all the rage since the bathtub had cigarette burn marks all around the perimeter. Also the bath tub was just disgusting and dripped all night. I wanted to shower, but avoided showering all together.

The hotel was quiet, I will give it that and there were a lot of people there so that says something at least. But in all, this hotel was not worth the almost $100 price tag attached to it, and I went away thoroughly disgusted. Of the 8 hotels we stayed in on our trip this was by far the worst and least comfortable of them all.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 29, 2011

We ended up staying here on a long cross country road trip and just needed a place to crash for a few hours. The lady working at the front desk was pretty friendly, and we liked having a door to the outside (instead of into a hallway) as we had our dog and it made it really convenient to take him out for walks. However, the positives end there...

We are not very picky people and understand that you get what you pay for. However, this place was terrible. There was a metal pole sticking out from one of the beds that I scraped my leg on (Tetanus shot, anyone?), we both ended up with bug bites (bed bugs, I am sure), there was hair around the shower, and stains on everything from the sheets to the chairs to the carpets. The room had a BAD odor as well. We both slept in our clothes! That's how dirty the sheets looked. It was so late and we were so tired that we just dealt with it. The place also just felt really unsafe with strange characters hanging around the parking lot.

Breakfast the next morning - wow. We were excited to get some free food on our way out of town, but it was absolutely disgusting. When we walked into the lobby (where they serve the breakfast), there were 10+ people just hanging out with the lady working the counter. They were definitely not guests of the motel and some were absolutely under the influence of something stronger than booze! We got strange looks and were really uncomfortable in there. My husband's coffee had a layer of film across the top and he wouldn't even touch it.

Stay away!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank EmilyandSam
Reviewed September 28, 2011

I'll admit one thing. I don't really remember the National 9 Inn in Price as much as I remember many of the other stops on our road trip.

I remember it being particularly expensive compared to the price I'd looked up but unfortunately for us there was coincidentally a big local event in the town and everywhere was nearly booked up. So it was either stump up an extra $20 or keep driving and we chose the former.

Anyway, the room was basic and generally good although the cleaners had neglected the bathroom somewhat leaving hairs around the place even though it was otherwise very clean.

Breakfast was good for a motel and we did have a very good nights sleep after a long day.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank davideJ808VV
Reviewed September 13, 2011

I was looking for an inexpensive motel ... next time I'll listen to my wife!
On the upside, the staff were super nice. Both on check-in (which was late at night) and during our two-night stay. Lamentably that was not enough to make up for the rest of the experience!
As we walked to our room, there were a several ne'er-do-wells hanging out in the parking lot. One of them was kind enough to leave an open beer for me on our air conditioner. Thanks!
The room itself was clean, but extremely noisy. As people walked by during the night, it sounded as if they were in our room.
The next day there were again some dodgy guys working on their car in the parking lot. I hate to pre-judge on the basis of appearances, but I got a very unsafe vibe from the place.

Room Tip: Try an upstairs room. Our downstairs room, with door and picture window facing the outside was very...