“Not worth the trouble on dirt roads”

Cleveland - Lloyd Dinosaur Quarry
Ranked #2 of 7 things to do in Price
Villach, Austria
62 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 83 helpful votes
“Not worth the trouble on dirt roads”
Reviewed November 30, 2013

We hiked two ways trough the landscape and havent't seen anything interesting. Like others write before me, it is disappointing to see only a few bones and one dinosaur model

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Heinzibub

Montgomery, Alabama
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 72 helpful votes
“Out of the way location”
Reviewed October 31, 2012

It is a pretty good drive on dusty unpaved roads. They have a small visitor center with some nice exhibits and models. The quarry area is covered by a building with some exposed bones. There appears to be little activity. We were the only people there during our visit. There is a $5 fee per person admission.

Visited October 2012
3 Thank Huaschalocro
Costa Rica
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“A Little Disappointed...”
Reviewed October 10, 2012

After seeing the Utah Dinosaur National monument I have to admit my expectations were pretty high. Being the large concentrations of Dinosaur bones came from such a small area, there is one building with most of the original bones removed and replicas in their place. There are some displays in the building where you pay but it is not very big. The employee said there were dinosaur tracks but he would have to show us and he was alone and couldn't leave. There are trails through the rocks but you won't see dinosaur bones sticking out. The dirt road is in good shape but it is a long drive. However if you do go, there are some other "don't miss" things to see nearby, the Wedge overlook ( looks like the Grand Canyon) and the Indian pictographs at Buckhorn Draw.

Visited October 2012
7 Thank stevezimcr
Layton, Utah
150 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 418 helpful votes
“Open on Sunday!”
Reviewed September 9, 2012

It was pretty interesting to see the dinosaur bones still embedded in the rock, but it was a very long drive on desolate roads to get there. I did the two hikes at the center, so I spent half a day there. If you're not a total dinosaur fanatic, you might be disappointed at the few things to see (versus the long drive).

Visited September 2012
3 Thank Outdoorpartner
Clearwater, Florida
119 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 170 helpful votes
“Awesome, under certain circumstances”
Reviewed May 21, 2012

I happened to be in Price, but otherwise it's a bit of a trek to get here. The last 12 miles are well-maintained gravel, but the drive is cool. Overall, I think I got lucky on my visit. The guy working here was fantastic, and went above and beyond anything I would have expected from a BLM employee. He just came over to us without our even asking and explained the site with such a level of enthusiasm that really impressed me. There happened to be a dig going on while we were there, and the people digging voluntarily went out of their way to explain what they were doing and let us touch some bones.

The BLM employee then approached us outside and asked if we wanted an extra tour which involved climbing up a bunch of boulders to look at some dinosaur footprints, bones, and fossilized clams. The amount of information he gave us was crazy.

The visitor center is small but well-done, and if you can see a dig that really makes it worth it. But what really impressed me most was the enthusiam of the particular staff member here. He really brought the place to life and highlighted its significance to paleontology.

Visited May 2012