“QUALITY INN AT PAYSON-A SOLID GRADE B”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Payson
Reviewed September 19, 2011

I pulled off the I-15 in a horrendous rainstorm, looking for shelter from the storm and remembering researching this motel on Trip Advisor when it was a Comfort Inn. It was a good decision, as the price was reasonable and the room was good. Breakfast could have been better, as the only hot food other than waffles was biscuits and gravy, but the facility was nice. The building was not solid enough to blot the freeway noise, but it had a nice lobby and friendly front staff. I guess the smallish room and lack of elevator, and the fact it is getting nearly past its prime would be the reason for downgrading it from Comfort Inn to Quality Inn, but it is still in good shape and I would recommend it for a highway stopover. The bath tub looked clean, but it was a little disconcerting to see a used soap and shampoo left in it. There were no restaurants around except McDonald’s and Subway, but I was so exhausted that a Big Mac was all I wanted.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo

Reviewed August 24, 2011

Nice room, has coffee maker. Pool is large and clean, it is separate from the guest rooms. Opens early, I think 6 AM but could keep it open 24 to be even better. Breakfast was nice. Hard-boiled eggs, waffles, yogurt, biscuits/gravy, etc. Only complaint is no cream for coffee except powder or milk, both husband and I could not drink it. Very close to highway, other restaurants.

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed July 6, 2011

We stay there over night on the way to Yellow Stone. It was pretty basic, no microwave or refrigerator. Though they do have a microwave in the breakfast room available. There's no elavator so we had to drag everything upstairs (did my exercise for the day.)

The bed was comfortable and the breakfast was good (coffee was so-so, though.) The staff was friendly and made sure that we had everything for breakfast.

Overall, it was good enough for the road.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank floatingsoul
Reviewed October 22, 2010

The first thing that impressed me as I entered the hotel was the spacious lobby. It was very large for this size of a hotel. The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. They were very knowledgable about the surrounding area and recommended eating at Dalton's (A very good restaurant). The room was comfortable. The fridges and microwaves in the rooms were a nice touch. I enjoyed the large indoor pool and spa. I was shocked that they had saunas. The breakfast in the morning was more than I expected. There were many choices that I didn't expect. Waffles, yogurt, sausage, potatoes, and many choices of pastrys. I was impressed with this Quality Inn. It was way better than expected.

Stayed: October 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed October 17, 2010

Much more than we expected: Sparkling clean pleasant rooms, nice staff.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 5, 2010

Stayed here on 4th July for one night. We just wanted to get out of hot Mesa & hike in the cool pines. Hotel looks really new. Rooms were super clean & bed was comfortable with pretty good quality linens for a Comfort Inn. Reception staff were very helpful with directions & restaurant recommendations. They have a small indoor pool & spa which looked very nice. The breakfast was fine - cereals, waffles, juice, fruit, pastries & hot sausage & omelets. Overall I expected a very basic hotel & it was better than expected. Also the location is right in the centre of Payson & you can walk to restaurants & shops.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 27, 2010

My stay was exactly as I expected, not fantastic, not disappointing. The staff was curteous, the room was "nice" with a 26in TV ( a bit too small for my tastes). The hotel is totally smoke free. My room had the classic "Freebreeze", smoke coverup, perfummy smell thqat was a bit too strong for my tastes. The local dining in town is limited with one pretty good steak house (non-alcoholic) Dalton's. Hotel is right next to Interstate 15 (easy on and off) and vehicle noise was not a problem. Building is not new, not too old. Pool but I did not use. Did look it over and would have liked to use. Overall, I recommend for anyone finding themselves needing a room in this area of Utah. It was the closest we could get to our working town, Nephi (25 miles further south), and still have some decent dining and lodging available.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Payson
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Springville
#5 of 6 in Nephi
Super 8 Nephi
Super 8 Nephi
#4 of 6 in Nephi

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!