“Great Local Drive-Through”
Review of Daley Freez

Daley Freez
Ranked #6 of 33 Restaurants in Payson
Reviewed August 22, 2012

It is just like the drive-thrus of the 60s-70s. Surprised they serve scones so I had a scone instead of fries. They offer Ironport (a soft drink) which I have not seen for a long time -- Fabulous!

There are newer reviews for Daley Freez

Reviewed June 25, 2012

We are returning from a road trip and found Daley Freez. Due to the construction on the I-15, we wanted to reach South of Salt Lake City by Sunday evening. Many restaurants AND stores were closed on Sunday (6/24/2012) due to religious reasons. Finding a good place to eat is sometimes hard anyway, but when many are closed, it becomes an issue.

Fast food like Subway and McDonald's are usually opened. However, we do not care for "kept warm" food items, so we checked tripadvissor. I called all the top listings and got no answer as they were closed or didn't answer the phone.. We stayed at a Motel--see my other review that will be posted soon--and asked the front desk to avoid a witch hunt for a restaurant that was open. Daley Freez was recommended. It was easy to find and that was our choice. Yes, you must wait for your food as it is only cooked to order. Our order was delivered to a outside table in the parking lot. Yes, as others stated, our order was mssing some items. No real problem as they corrected this problem fast.

My quarter pound burger was good and the fries were the best I had in a long time. Cooked just right with some spices added. My wife ordered the chicken and it was also good. All in all, Daley Freez presented us with a meal better than McDonald's. Sorry to use McDonald's as a point of reference as it is what it is.

Upon leaving, I spotted a self car wash opposite Daley Freez. I washed the dirt from our car and returned to our Motel. For this stop over, we were able to drive pass the construction, have an ok meal on a Sunday and wash the car. I rated Daley Freez as very good due to the fact we had no other real choices to form a baseline. It was open, we dined there and had no after effects.

Reviewed April 26, 2012

or try the Haddock,, its cheaper but tastes the same.. ( I ue to flip burgers here as a kid)

Reviewed March 28, 2012

I have ate here for years and it still tastes great, the seasoning they put on the fries is the best. The hamberger patties also has great seasoning, they also have those old type of drinks, every once and awhile I will get a Wild Horse or a Iron Port. It was for sale, I hope they keep it going, just drive up and honk!

Reviewed August 13, 2011

Good food & a little expensive. Unfortunately the service is painfully slow.