“May end up being my favorite hotel -- ever!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Washington School House Hotel

Washington School House Hotel
Ranked #18 of 60 Hotels in Park City
Washington
“May end up being my favorite hotel -- ever!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

We have traveled internationally and in the states for years so have a bit of experience with a variety of accommodations including high end, luxury places. And OMG - this place is stunning! Every possible amenity is taken care of including the lovely extras in the room for bed and bath. Especially nice (and surprising) was the selection of wines and drinks, the just baked cookies and the light snack they offered in late afternoon (I think ours was a jambalaya. No cheese and crackers at this joint!). The breakfasts were made to order, delicious and served in the same room as the late afternoon break. Lovely.

Finally, I must mention the service. Prior to our visit, I received an email and a call and post-visit a card thanking us for our stay. And every single person we encountered provided top notch service during our stay.

Stay here. You will not regret it.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
JessicaWSH, General Manager at Washington School House Hotel, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Dear twowelltraveled,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. I am thrilled that your every need was met and to hear you consider us a favorite spot! I will pass on your feedback regarding breakfast and service to the staff. We so enjoyed having you to stay and hope to see you again in Park City in future.

Warmest regards,
Jessica Davis

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

We were lucky enough to stay here for our honeymoon in March. I must say that it was extremely difficult to leave the hotel and hit the slopes. Every step of service was simply amazing. The staff went out of their way to make sure we had all our needs met along the way and the hotel itself was simply beautiful.

From breakfast, to transportation to and from the slopes, afternoon snacks in the pool, and fun treats left for us on the bed, everything was executed to perfection. It was a really refreshing experience and one we can't wait to have again.

-Arthur S.

Room Tip: Stayed in the elevated two story suite. Fantastic bed and there was enough space in the room to spre...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Arthur S
Ogden,UT.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

The renovated school is beautiful. Good design, clean and fresh. The beds were incredibly comfortable, and the service was amazing. Michael, could not have been more accommodating. It is very close to downtown, restaurants, and shops. Great for couples, or a relaxing retreat. I will return to this hotel.

• Stayed August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank skeebum
JessicaWSH, General Manager at Washington School House Hotel, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Dear Skeebum,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Washington School House Hotel. I will be sure to pass on your comments to Michael – he will be thrilled. We really look forward to welcoming you back again in future,

Warm regards,
Los Altos, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

Not your usual grand Main Street hotel in the west. This boutique hotel has it all. The decor is a modern mix nouveau vintage and authentic antiques all wrapped up in grey velvet and white. It's bright and very friendly staff meets your every need. I was greeted with a savory snack and a very original cocktail list. The morning breakfast meets everyone's needs... Gluten free included. Walk to historic Main Street for shops and food, or hop a ride on the chairlift to hike or ski. Don't miss the rooftop lap pool.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Dear Simona M,

I am so glad to hear that our gluten free breakfast menu was well received and our staff able to delight you while you were with us. I am also happy you had a time to take in a moment at our lovely lap pool, it is such a great spot to relax. Thank you for your review, we hope to see you again at Washington School House Hotel.

Warm regards,
Los Altos Hills, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

This Hotel is awesome, great ambience, quiet, even though it's located right by downtown main street, & they provided an amazing service. The staff were friendly, helpful, set up & made reservations to all our needs, & a great breakfast was included!!! We relaxed by the pool with a nice fire pit & had a jacuzzi. We had wonderful treats before bed time, & the rooms we're very elegant. I can't wait to go back next year, I highly recommend to couples or family alike!!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
San Anselmo, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stumbled across this little gem on the tail end of our two week road trip and what an unexpected treat it was. We have stayed at some of the finest resorts and hotels in the world and this one is absolutely on the top of our list. The building itself is absolutely stunning. A renovated schoolhouse in the heart of park city. The grounds are impeccably maintained and the gardens and landscaping are gorgeous. I was very impressed that on the day of our arrival the hotel called to see if we had any special requests or linen preferences. That's what I call going above and beyond. When we arrived we were offered a glass of wine upon check-in. The staff was extremely welcoming and catered to our every need. I couldn't believe drinks were included in the room price. We spent the afternoon relaxing by their beautiful rooftop pool and were constantly attended to. The interior of the hotel is designed to perfection. Clean white walls and salvaged barn wood floors helped to showcase the amazing art and antiques within. Our room was equally as stunning and the amenities were the best I have ever experienced. Huge bottles of Molton brown goodies, bath pillows, bath loofahs, luxurious robes and unlimited bottles of water. What I also thought was such a nice touch was the little bag on the nightstand which included an Evian face mister, Molton brown lip balm and lavender ambiance room spray. And then there was the included breakfast! It was not at all your typical included continental breakfast. French press coffee, the best blueberry pancakes of my life and an egg scramble that was innovative and delicious. I can not say enough wonderful things about this hotel. We will absolutely be back- probably in the winter so we can take advantage of the ski in, ski out perk!

I absolutely love the Washington schoolhouse. It is perfection and I wish every hotel could pay such amazing attention to the smallest details.

• Stayed June 2013
Portland, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

Let me start by saying that my wife and I travel a lot and stay at upscale hotels and resorts. The WSHH takes upscale to a new level! The hotel itself is beautifully designed and the rooms and common areas are casually elegant. The mixture of old and new furnishings and architectural detailing are timeless. This is wonderful and you can see from the website the ambiance of the hotel. What you can not experience is the level of service that you will receive while there. EVERY person we interacted with not only exceeded our expectations but truly enjoyed doing everything and anything they could to make our stay perfect.
It starts with contact before arrival soliciting preferences for food,pillow and bed coverings,activities,and many more. When you are there all these things are seamlessly taken care of as if everyone has been taking care of you since you were born!
Jessica and her staff have raised the bar of what customer satisfaction means. If you are in Park City you owe it to yourself
to experience the WSHH!

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Furnman10
JessicaWSH, General Manager at Washington School House Hotel, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Dear Furnman10,

Thank you for taking the time to review us online. We appreciate your kind words and for noticing all of the small things that go on even before you arrive! I am so glad to hear that you felt so well taken care of by our staff, it was absolutely our pleasure to host and get to know you at the Washington School House this past week. I hope your drive back to Maine was a smooth and easy.