“Awesome! I would stay again in a heartbeat!”

Stein Eriksen Lodge Deer Valley
Ranked #1 of 60 Hotels in Park City
Reviewed June 14, 2007

This is the nicest place I have ever stayed in. It was awesome, perfect in every way. I stayed off season so I could afford it. It was well worth every penny! Nothing bad to say. You will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled as a couple

Reviewed May 16, 2007

This is my second stay at Stein Eriksen. The first was a conference site-scouting trip, and as the hotel knew that they put me in a first rate luxury suite. This time I stayed in a regular deluxe room, which was relatively small but sported a big comfy king bed, an excellent deck overlooking the pool and what is purportedly Charlie Gibson's Park City mansion on the opposite hill, and a luxurious bathroom set up with a large dressing area/closet/vanity and an inner room with another vanity, toilet, and large tub with shower (see photos). The room had a second closet with ironing board, a little safe, and a mini-fridge that could be stocked on request, but which we used to store the excess desserts and fruits served at my conference events for later consumption and a few cans of Coke we picked up at the Albertsons. Especially since housekeeping leaves a little bucket of ice when they do the turndown, having our own soft drinks was quite handy.

We did book the conference there, for a small group, and it turned out to be ideal. Not one attendee from our group (which meets once a year in various locations around the country) wants to ever meet anywhere else but Stein Eriksen in the future.

Our conference, for about 25 people, was very comfortably laid out in the Gold Room, with our lunches next door in the Silver Room. A/V was fine, temperature control, catering, and all that also performing as expected. The only concern was the comparatively rowdy group meeting in the next conference room. The sounds of their voices and applause bled through the hanging wall quite clearly. Nonetheless, unless your group needs total insulation from outside noise I would especially recommend this lodge for off-season events (really nice place for weddings, too, I would think) because the rates are incredible, even for small groups, and the lodge as a whole is very quiet and peaceful.

If you find my previous review, from my September, 2006, stay, you'll see that I complained of the overly attentive staff, especially housekeeping. I learned that leaving a cheerful note asking the ladies to leave alone the things I didn't want touched did the trick. And now they still turn the TV on when they do the turndown (and yes, they still provide A+ hand made mints made in Salt Lake City!) but no sound, and turned to a channel that displays just a scenic image. That's not as intrusive as leaving it blaring, for sure.

Ah well, can't wait for a reason to go back! Maybe next year?!

Stayed: May 2007
1  Thank YellowstoneGal
Reviewed April 25, 2007

We needed a quick getaway for our anniversary and The Salt Lake Paper had a great special during off season for
approx. $125.00 per person including room service for dinner.
Then we had an option to upgrade for another $20.00 or so because all the "special" rooms were gone. But that is OK because this resort was wonderful! The food was great.
I wish we could've spent a week. I would've loved to cook in that kitchen. We had a hottub on our balcony and a fireplace.
It is the nicest resort we've ever stayed in. We didn't want to leave so we just stayed in and watched movies.
I would love to go back every anniversary from now on.
The only negative I had was everytime we turned around we were tipping someone. I bet we spent an extra $70.00 on tips.
They are definately service oriented. But the turn down service at night could have been eliminated. They also straightened up our kitchen and bathroom at this time. A little embarassing when you're sitting around watching movies in your pj's and wanting to be left alone. But I would recommend to anyone!

• Stayed: May 2006, traveled as a couple
1  Thank tompammc
Reviewed March 26, 2007

This hotel gets 5 stars, It was a challenge, because I don't like skiing or the cold weather. I agreed to go and was amazed at how nice of a trip it was. I was pampered and enjoyed every minute of it. The staff at the front desk treated us so well, and the concierge was so helpful.

Everything about this place is first class from the moment you walk thru the door . Our suite had a breathtaking view of the slopes , and a romantic fireplace. The room had a king-size featherbed and a jacuzzi tub. The shower was next to our own private heated hot tub (great after skiing). I really enjoyed the separate sink,makeup and dressing area. The toilet had a door which made it more private. I asked for humidifiers and they were brought along with extra towels.

Our room was in the main lodge which was very convenient since all we had to do was was walk downstairs to breakfast , dinner ,the bar and skiing. We had reserved our ski equipment in advance thru the Lodge's website which proved very convenient since all we had to do is walk out the door and ski. At Stein Eriksen ,they can't do enough for you to make your stay enjoyable whether it's carrying your skis to the slope , helping you put your boots on and off or just storing everything after a day of skiing . If you don't want to worry about your ski tickets just call the concierge and they will get them for you no waiting in line. The spa was nice, we enjoyed a couples massage. I also enjoyed the gym . It was very clean.

At other hotels I usually like room service but at this hotel I loved the free buffet. We ate breakfast every morning at the restaurant which provides a daily buffet until 10 am every morning. If you didn't see something you liked , just ask and they will get it for you. We also had a wonderful dinner at the Gliterland restaurant at the lodge . It was very romantic .

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled as a couple
5  Thank mspiddles
Reviewed February 27, 2007

The most beautiful ski in and ski out hotel, in the most beautiful setting. The rooms are beautiful, we stay every year, and I can say I have probably stayed in every suite. The staff is the best. The food is wonderful, and if you are a skier this is the place for you. Skis on the snow, help with your boots, hot cider after a day of skiing, what more could you possibly ask for. Give me Steins for location, service, and a feeling that you could stay forever.

Stayed: December 2006
Reviewed January 16, 2007

we recently stayed at the stein eriksen.The first day started out with disappointment. We had reserved a room that was described to us as a deluxe room, 2 kings, large picture window, and small porch. What we got was a room below ground level looking at a wall .My wife called first to see if we could remedy this situation. A woman named virginia responded with "your problem is that your not a skier'.The second call I spoke to a women named jeng who tried to upsell me but failing that dismissed me in her best brusque and condescending tone possible.High points of the place the ski staff who were very good to the kids. Also the restaurant glitertind was very good,with a very good wait staff.Bottom line I would have dinner there but could not recommend it as worth the money.As I said high on hype low on service

Stayed: January 2007
7  Thank phxdoc
Reviewed October 2, 2006

I have stayed in some very nice places, but the suite at the Stein Eriksen Lodge was the best of all of them. It was large, beautifully decorated and had every amenity I ever thought about wanting. The kitchen was so well equipped that we cooked dinner in one night. The restaurant was very good; a good range of choices prepared well. The spa facilities were nicely designed, and the quality of the spa services lived up to the decor. The staff is friendly and helpful. There are more little touches than I can list, like an offer of a bottle of water whenever you go in or out of the front door. If you can get there in the off-season, as we did, it is a tremendous value. Park City itself didn't thrill me, but I hope to return to the Stein Eriksen Lodge. This place deserves a 5th star from Mobil.

• Stayed: August 2006