“Amazing”

Stein Eriksen Lodge Deer Valley
Ranked #1 of 60 Hotels in Park City
Reviewed April 23, 2006

As locals, we had the chance to take a advantage of a wonderful promotion that Stein is running while they renovate their main lodge and restaurant. We stayed in an amazing 1 bedroom suite, the second nicest room I have ever stayed in. We had two bathrooms, a huge master with giant jetted tub and seperate shower and a secondary bathroom that still had a full bath and shower. The room also had a huge murphy bed, much more comfortable for the kids than a sofa bed. We also had two fireplaces, with plenty of wood and fire starters, so that anyone could get a fire started. We also had a huge deck with amazing views of the Deer Valley Ski resort.

I took the kids swimming, they had a large heated pool, with a very cool spa that had a waterfall. I didn't use the the gym, but it was fairly large with state of the art equiptment.

The staff was extrememly friendly. The evening housekeeping was very thorough, even left us 2 bottles of Evian water. I do a lot of traveling, ususally I feel like hotels are doing every thing they can to get every nickel, here they went above and beyond all the time. We have stayed at alt least 7 or 8 places in Park City, Stein is definitely our favorite.

• Stayed: April 2006
4  Thank tkhong1989

Reviewed October 29, 2005

We stayed at Stein Eriksen a few weeks ago, and always view it as our home away from home - a true first class hotel with unmatched setting. It is the perfect weekend getaway, especially in the "off season", during the late spring, summer or fall.

The colors and majesty of the mountain view from our suite was breathtaking, and the cleanliness of the hotel and our suite was first rate. Everything from luxurious marble bathrooms, spacious granite kitchen and rock fireplace with flat panel television can be found at Stein.

The restaurant and room service was incredible.

We look forward to staying again soon......

• Stayed: October 2005
2  Thank Upscale_Traveler
Reviewed October 3, 2005

I stayed at the Stein Eriksen for a business convention for 3 days and I could not have been more pleased. The room was magnificent, the service fantastic and the food delicious!

After a long day at the convention, I was thrilled to return to my room. The turn down service made the room so inviting and cozy...by turning on the fireplace, leaving fresh water at bedside, diming the lights and turning on nice jazz music.

Lastly, the concierge was phenomenal! She handled all activites and transportation to/from the airport. She was always very helpful and her knowledge of the area (and surrounding cities) was superb.

I will definitely return with my family in the future.

• Stayed: September 2005, traveled on business
5  Thank turntime
Reviewed October 3, 2005

We rented a suite/condo unit that was darn close to everything we could have asked for. The décor was mountain chic - lovely, very clean and comfortable. The kitchen was so well-stocked that I cooked many of our meals in the unit. We did order room service and the food was good, but not exceptional. We had a view of the slopes and since we were there before the snow, it was a private and very pleasant view – especially from the hot tub on the deck off the bedroom. The unit was so quiet and felt so private that we didn’t know if we had folks in the adjoining units or not. The bathroom was comfortably large with plenty of towels, but the bed linens were shabby, the pillows awful and should have been much better for an establishment such as this. The living room area was quite cozy with couches for us both to stretch out on and though the TV was small, there was a DVD player, VCR player and a nice stereo. Do plan on walking – parking is at bare minimum and quite a ways from most of the rooms. The reception area was too small and check-in was slow, but the bell staff took wonderful care of us and saw to it our bags made it safely to our unit.

We were there during the off season, so we didn’t experience the madness that can come with the ski season, but if we venture in to Park City again, we will check out what Stein Erickson has available.

• Stayed: September 2003
3  Thank Dreamwoman
Reviewed September 4, 2005

My husband and I spent our wedding anniversary at The Stein. We were so delighted the first time we stayed there three years ago that we've went back every year since! Overall, the Staff is very friendly and really cannot do enough for you. They anticipate your needs going above & beyond.

Room: This time we stayed in a one- bedroom suite with a deck & hot tub. The view was on the Deer Valley ski area side over the pool/spa - beautiful! We'd previously stayed in the newer section but found we liked this view/location better. The reservation agents will really work with you to accomodate your special requests. The suite was spacious, comfortable and well-appointed. Our daily service was timed when we were out of the suite. Evening turn down service was too early. One night we called & requested they come back as we were leaving the suite and they graciously compiled with our request. The last night we simply did not have the service as we were dressing for dinner when they came. Since our reservation was at the resort's restaurant, they could have timed it better so that we would have been at dinner. We used 2 different package plans which were good values.

Check in: We were quickly wisked through check in with our luggage trailing just moments behind our escort to our suite. We were greeted by champagne and chocolates for our anniversary. Very nice touch as they'd remembered from our previous stays.

Dining: We enjoyed the food at the restaurants sampling breakfast and dinner in the Gliterand and al fresco lunch on our deck through room service. The restaurants are very accomodating when using a package plan. We could trade the continental breakfast for another item simply paying for our beverages which would have been included. The Gliterand is nice but they could do a little more with atmospheric lighting at dinner and we find the tempature a bit on the warm side when the windows are closed at dinner. Our bottle of red wine was too warm when served. It would have been much more enjoyable had it been at a cellar temp instead of a "warm" room temp. While my husband loved his entee, I did not like the chicken but the sides were good. Rather than ignoring my uneaten chicken, the server inquired about it and offered a replacement. I preferred to move right to dessert which was wonderful! The server provided my husband and I each with a 1/2 pound box of house made chocolates to take with us as an apology for the chicken. This more than made up for it! The house made chocolates are wonderful! Don't miss them!

Spa: The treatments are excellent. My husband had a massage while I did a facial & manicure. The manicure was expensive for what it was. It was supposed to be an hour and lasted about 40 minutes. The facial more than made up for it. It was fabulous! My skin really felt so much better after being in the dry moutain air for 3 days.

Overally, I'd highly recommend The Stein. It's a great get away!

• Stayed: September 2005