Property-wide, the staff provides consistently top-notch service. It is unbelievable. Clearly everyone from check-in to concierge to ski rentals to ski valets to waiters are amazingly well trained and super friendly. I almost felt overly coddled and babied ...however ! enjoyed every second of it!
I'm not a huge skier but clearly this is the best place to be. The ski valets seriously spoil you and do everything for you! They put your boots on and off, assist with your helmet, carry all your gear wherever it needs to go, and they do it all with happy attitudes and big smiles. Our favorite, Shawn even called his chef friend at a restaurant we were going to, and we got total VIP with comp'd appetizers and desserts! It was so nice...
As for skiing, we lucked out with tons of powder dumping the day we arrived followed by light dustings each day. Deer Valley has lots of different ski lifts and plenty of green runs, which are the right speed for me. My kids did ski school down the hill at Snow Park. They had a really fun time and learned a lot. The instructors were very good, especially one who taught them "No pee, no ski." LOL... Kids had a lot of funny stories, made friends from all different places, and definitely will be a memorable experience for them.
Our stay included a daily breakfast buffet which offered everything you could wish for with slight variations each day (pancakes, eggs, fruits, yogurts, pastries, etc.) I felt this was a great value. My family especially loved the thick-cut bacon, which seemed to have a maple glaze.
We dined in the the Glitretind in-house restaurant as well and were impressed with the food and lovely wine selections. There are several nearby restaurants you can walk to at the adjacent Silver Lake Lodge and the Chateau as well.
The spa facilities are available to all guests (whether or not you partake in spa services) and include men's and women's locker rooms, steam rooms, sauna, hot tub, chill tub, relaxation room, and more. Everything is clean, modern, and elegant and feels/smells as a high-end spa should. There's also an outdoor heated pool and jacuzzi, which several families seemed to enjoy despite the falling snow! (but not me, no thank you!)
Our guest room was spacious enough for 2 adults, 2 kids with lots of ski gear. The beds are very comfortable and we all slept well. Turndown service is provided of course, and room service brings a different assortment of cookies with chocolate milk for the kids every day! That was a nice touch. The attention to detail here is superb...
I also enjoyed using the in-room Keurig coffee maker. Oh, and also there was a stacking washer and dryer in a closet right outside our room! Not that I want to do laundry on my vacation, but I could have packed a lot less clothes had I known the laundry would be sooo convenient...
The only heads-up I'd give to other visitors is that there are lots of stairs throughout the property. (It is on a mountain, after all.) Stairs don't bother me - I love the extra exercise - however we probably won't be bringing Grandma and Grandpa with us anytime in the future, because they'd have a hard time going up and down the stairs. People with knee issues might keep it in mind.
I HIGHLY recommend Stein Eriksen and plan to return every year!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stein Eriksen Lodge is Utah's only Forbes Five Star Hotel and the World's Best Ski Hotel. Located centrally at Mid-Mountain Deer Valley and offers direct ski-in and ski-out access. We are a short shuttle ride to Historic Main Street, Park City. We are North America's premiere mountain destination. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Stein Eriksen Lodge Deer Valley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stein Eriksen Hotel Park City
- Stein Eriksen Park City
- Stein Ericksen Lodge
- Stein Eriksen Lodge Deer Valley Park City, Utah