“On mountain Restaurant Ski in/ Ski out unbeatable”

Stein Eriksen Lodge Deer Valley
Ranked #1 of 60 Hotels in Park City
“On mountain Restaurant Ski in/ Ski out unbeatable”
Reviewed February 2, 2014 via mobile

For two straight years we have been skiing at Deer valley resort and have always made a point of stopping on at least two occasions during our week to have lunch at the Stein Eriksen Lodge on the mountain. The buffet is a spread that will leave you sated and needing to ski off your lunch. If ala carte is you're choice than order the chicken pot pie. If a drink is what you need try a Snowblower, hot chocolate, baileys, coconut rum. It is to die for. Service is impeccable. You will not be sorry having selected this restaurant.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (210)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed February 2, 2014

We did not stay at the Stein Eriksen but visited the bar for Apres' ski late one afternoon. The bar is beautiful, with wonderful views. Service was friendly and fun. Drinks were great, as was the bar food. The only thing I noticed, while we were waiting to be seated, was that there were many tables that needed to be cleaned off--resulting in a bit of a messy appearance. Location is great--right off the top of one of the small lifts. Will definitely return.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
New York City
Reviewed February 1, 2014

Just went there for a quick conference. Never been before. Direct flight from New York and under an hour to the airport I was seeing the pros over Aspen immediately. The lodge is a typical ski lodge in presentation - antlers, acornds and large leather sofas. Very 80's. Also jacuzzi bathtub and hot tub on porch! Decor could use some upgrading but overall a fine stay. Food was solid. Services was particularly excellent. Love how they organize your chargers by wrapping them in satin ribbon.

Room Tip: I would try to a room closer to the main lodge.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank rdkflk
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed January 18, 2014

We recently stayed at stein eriksen for a week for the fifth time. The hotel was great as usual but the cleaning staff were so bad and so rude it was quite unbelievable. Maybe the good ones have headed to the montage or st Regis but stein needs to completely revamp their cleaning department or they will lose customers.

We will try it again but it will be the last time if they have not fixed the cleaning staff problem.

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank Benorris
SteinEriksenLodge, Public Relations Manager at Stein Eriksen Lodge Deer Valley, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
Thank you for your stay with us and for sharing your thoughts and observations about your recent stay at our lodge. Guest feedback is crucial to our success, and we are committed to delivering exemplary service every step of the way. We reviewed your concerns with our team, but would like to learn more about your atypical experience. We kindly invite you to respond to our private message.

Beth
Public Relations
Fredericksburg, Virginia
Reviewed January 13, 2014

This summer, my family and I stayed at the Stein Eriksen after a few days in Jackson, Wyoming. We were more than happy with our stay and I highly recommend you stay net time you are in Park City. We were given an amazing suite that was practically perfect. It was just big enough, with five beds for all of us, a hot tub, a fireplace, a washer and dryer, and even a sample of the granola. On that note, I would like to say that unlike a vast majority of hotels, I was actually pleased with the food. I recall having phenomenal banana bread French toast. Though we were in the summer, it was in a great location because in the winter, you could simply ski right out of the hotel. Make sure that the Stein Eriksen is your #1 choice.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Russell W
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed January 12, 2014

I stayed at Stein Eriksen along with my two daughters, my sister, and my niece. It was a birthday gift from my daughters and I am very glad I chose Park City and specifically, the Stein Eriksen. I chose to visit for a week in early November before the season as the goal was a laid-back vacation in a beautiful location. I was enthralled with Park City and the resort. I noticed that another reviewer complained about no coffee in the lobby but during our trip that was not the case. Also, the coffee in the room was very good. It was a Keurig single cup system and the first batch of coffee was dark roast which half of us liked and half of us did not. So I requested a lighter roast from housekeeping who happily obliged. I loved the turn-down service at night! As this was my celebration, I occupied the master suite all by myself (heavenly), and each night the staff set out two robes, two slippers, two cups for hot chocolate, and two chocolates! I probably should have told them it was only me, but those chocolates! Yum! (my bad!) I cannot say enough good things about my experience. It was rustic luxury at its best. Sitting in front of the fireplace every night with my girls was a mother's dream. The staff was friendly, courteous and helpful. The meals in the restaurant and lounge were delicious, not rich and decadent and heavy, but very good. The one improvement I would suggest would be to use a little fabric softener with the robes! Our robes were not comfortable and were scratchy and stiff. That seemed out of character for the otherwise luxurious amenities. All in all, I cannot wait to return.

Room Tip: If stairs are a problem, ask for a room/suite accessible without stairs. On the other hand, just tak...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Jacki G
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed January 12, 2014

I had a great love for the Stein Eriksen. We have family in Salt Lake so have been staying there most every other year for the last 15 years. It's a stay we always look forward to, but this year the place looked shabby and began to lose its luster: lampshades were tattered, the gas fireplace crapped out on our second day, the master bath faucet was corroded and smelled very, very bad. Other little things too, like no frying pans in the kitchen, the alarm that woke us on our first day of vacation at 6:30am, non-absorbant, wafer-thin bath mats and towels, slippers so weathered they curl and seem to be made if cardboard, no welcome coffee or water service in the main lobby, and where was the usual day after Thanksgiving Christmas tree set up and gingerbread house that my kids always looked forward to? The restaurant and shops lobby was totally empty and quiet - no fire in the fireplace, the piano locked, completely unfestive and unwelcoming. While the service remained friendly and happy to help, there was no sense of anticipating the guests' needs that you would expect from a 5 Diamond hotel. And there were missteps there as well: the valet brought our car around with our keys as well as someone else's keys. Good thing we caught the error before leaving for the day or there would have been a very irate guest. And while the Murphy bed was turned down the first night, there was no turndown service the second or third nights.

I guess there has to be a last time for everything, and I think this is the last time we stay at SEL. I was always willing to make the freezing sprint from the pool to our room for the luxury of the Stein, but this time around it was disappointingly lackluster and not worth the money. I tried to write the hotel directly to initiate a conversation instead of posting on Tripadvisor, but they never returned my email requesting a contact name and address. Sad, especially since we've been return customers for so long. If you're looking for a place with a loyalty program and values repeat customers, I'd recommend the Starwood program. And I hear the St. Regis has a funicular and fire garden. Maybe we'll try that next time.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Cheong2014
Thank you for your loyal stays with us and for sharing your thoughts and observations about your recent stay at our lodge. Guest feedback is crucial to our success, and we are committed to delivering exemplary service every step of the way. We reviewed your concerns with our team, but would like to learn more about your atypical experience. We pride ourselves on having a large return customer base, and would like to rectify the situation. We kindly invite you to respond to our private message.

Beth