“Simply the Best.” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 60 Hotels in Park City
Davidsonville Md
“Simply the Best.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

This is the second time we came to the Stein in the summer. The rates were reasonable for a 5 star and Park City is really pleasant in the summer. The food and service were top notch. Can't say enough about the concierge staff who helped with concerts, tours, etc. Stayed in a suite with two other couples. Had plently of room and it was superbly furnished. We will be back

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lee D

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (190)
Tarpon Springs, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

Stayed for a week for a getaway and wasn't disappointed at all. The room we were provided was huge with many appointments I wish I had in my house. We felt very spoiled and sad to go home. The food is amazing and the views just as good. The service is pinnacle and the spa is woderful. All in all, one of the best hotels I've ever stayed in. Next time, I'd like to spend more time mountain biking since the chair is right there.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Maple Grove, Minnesota, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

We stayed at the Stein Eriksen for a recent family reunion and thoroughly enjoyed our time there. We felt pampered the whole time, with all the 5 star amenities like turn down service with chocolates on the pillows and plush bathrobes laid out for us. We were in condo units that had extra bedrooms attached so we had plenty of room to be together, but everyone had their own space to retreat to. The setting is gorgeous at the base of the mountain and everything was well-maintained. We hiked up the mountain and some of us spent a morning fly-fishing. Lots to do there in the summer. We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

I really had no expectations of where I was going. It was all business and I had to go. I hired Alpine Navigator Transportation to take me from the airport... That started out awesome choice number one. Then for 4 days there was nothing but awesome service from the hotel. No a single issue. Very friendly, food was great, free transportation down town was nice also. I will try and go back again in the winter.

Room Tip: If you like hot tubs, they have lots of rooms with those on your deck.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Ochopee, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Top notch, The Best, What a way to spend a long summer weekend mountain biking! Stein's may be the best in the Winter, but the summer is even better. This is my second summer time escape to Stein's at the top of Deer Valley. Excellent Service, Excellent Food at the Troll Hallen and reasonably priced compared to the tourist lined Main Street of Park City. The only thing lacking was a great view from the room, but that was more than made up for in the service and view from the deck of the lounge and the great breakfast view on the deck and the awesome evening wine. No other way to go Mountain Biking!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Sandy D
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

We stayed here for three nights during the summer. The hotel is nice, but not quite as over the top as many of the reviews. The room was clean, with a nice fireplace and a private Jacuzzi on the balcony, but I would not say that it is over the top exceptional. The restaurant staff were very friendly and we enjoyed chatting with them. Breakfast was great and we enjoyed sitting outside eating breakfast in the fresh morning air. We did not mountain bike, but it looked like fun and there were lots of people using the ski lift to go to the top and mountain bike down. The staff at the front desk were ok as was the cleaning staff. The pool is relatively small and there were lots of kids, so it was not suitable for an enjoyable sit while reading a book. All in all we enjoyed our stay, but would probably try one of the other lodges the next time.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
DBullert, General Manager at Stein Eriksen Lodge Deer Valley, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for staying with us. The summer season at Stein Eriksen Lodge affords both adventurous and serene opportunities. Mountain biking has been viewed as one of the ten best mountain destinations and The Spa at Stein Eriksen Lodge is the only Five-Star spa in the state of Utah.
I’m delighted you enjoyed your overall stay and appreciated the accolades on the staff. I will respond to you directly for improvement details.
Dan Bullert
Hotel Manager
Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

What a beautiful, wonderful place the Stein Ericksen is. I don't have enough space here to say all I would like to so I will keep it short as I can. The extras are so great, fruit on the table in the lobby, cold water in the gym and cold towels to wipe off with, apples energy bars etc. When I was at the pool two times a person brought water and set it on the table, one time a lady asked if I wanted a full lounge chair cover instead of the towels I had. I asked for packing tape and a box to ship things back home and the lady told me not to wait they would deliver it to my room (which they did in less than 5 minutes). When my Daughter and I went to the restaurant to dine they to the table to be sure they cooked the food right for her (she is gluten & dairy free) and they did. We sat outside but the waitress noticed my daughter seemed chilled so she had a guy bring her a comfort blanket to put arounf her shoulders. The room was super clean and perfect, the air conditioner was very quiet and kept a steady temperature. When I needed to go to the store they sent me in a beautiful van, when I got to the store the driver waited for me to shop then took me back to the lodge (I am not used to this kind of service). Now the negatives, I don't have any, this place is great. If you are new the Park City area may I suggest, saline solution, sun block and drink plenty of water since the elevation is about 8100 feet. To sum it up, If you want pampered the Stein Ericksen is the place to visit.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family