“World Class”

Ranked #1 of 60 Hotels in Park City
Salt Lake City
“World Class”
Reviewed June 6, 2012

I just spent three weeks in Italy. Nothing exceeded the experience here and most fell far short. Wonderful mountain location. Very attentive service. Beautiful lodge-type rooms. Great restaurants. Quiet and peaceful--at least in late spring.

Locals beware. These are NOT Salt Lake City prices. They are first class resort prices. But worth every penny.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (211)
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed May 22, 2012

I had a stellar experience at the St. Regis in Deer Valley last year where I was treated like a visiting dignitary. This year I decided to try the Stein Eriksen on a whim and was disappointed in some respects. Is the property beautiful? Yes. Do they have some pleasant staff members? Yes. Is the food good? Yes. Is the GM gracious and professional? Yes. However, no sooner had I arrived at from out of state than I was regretting my decision to book at the Stein Eriksen. Sadly I booked through a third party website, which I will never do again, since the trip was non-refundable. So I was stuck! During the booking process, I had spoken with two different Matthews at the front desk. I thought that I was dealing with the same person the whole time. Little did I know that there were two of them. One of the Matthews promised me certain amenities and perks, none of which I received at check-in or at any point during my stay. I didn't even receive the basic amenities offered to all "I Prefer" members! The upgrade that I was promised was not in the system. The welcome amenity (box of homemade chocolates) was never given and there were no breakfast vouchers, as promised. None of these promised items were delivered. Even my "I Prefer" number was not in the system, even after I had given it twice to one of the Matthews. No notes about me bringing a support dog were in the system, despite my extensive discussion about me bringing the animal with one of the Matthews. So that created a potential serious issue when I arrived with my dog. Of course, each Matthew conveniently denied being the one to make any of these promises. One of the front desk managers, Roy, kept asking me to pay an extra $75 a night for a nice upgrade, even though the hotel was at or below 50% occupancy and the nice upgrade had already been promised to me! This was certainly not the friendly, hospitable way to welcome a new guest; especially one that has a good friend that stays with his family every year at the lodge. Roy even had the nerve to say that I should be happy to even be staying at the Stein Eriksen for such a low rate. Since when does it matter what rate a guest pays? Shouldn't every guest should be treated with the same level of dignity no matter what price they paid for their room? I never did get the things that were promised to me but after I insisted on speaking to the G.M. I did at least receive a very nice upgrade. That was only because I had the persistence to ask to speak to him in-person and because he happened to be on duty. So my hat is off to Dan F. for his kindness.

One other point that is worth noting is this. The hotel is at 8200 feet, which is a lot higher than many of the other resorts in and around the area. So if you are at all prone to altitude sickness, beware. It can be a really tough adjustment. I learned that the hard way, believe me!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank kilarney1
Reviewed May 16, 2012 via mobile

What a fabulous place to have a weekend getaway. Our room overlooked the mountains with our own fireplace and hot tub. The service was amazing. It was very relaxing. The Sunday brunch was worth every penny too! Great weekend!

• Stayed April 2012
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed May 10, 2012

The service and quality of this resort is phenomenal! We will always come back. I could list items a mile long! We loved the nightly turn-down service, the restaurant, the shopping, views, spa and last, but certainly not least, the skiing!

Room Tip: Get a room with a private hot tub!
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Linda t
Worcestershire, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 22, 2012

Amazing standard of service. Rooms were amongst the best I have ever stayed in (at least mine was with lounge, balcony and hot tub on the balcony) Outside heated pool with great views. Food was gorgeous and of a very high standard. The place was amazing for a conference and somewhere I would love to return to with family.

Room Tip: Ask for a view, outside hot tub and lounge.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Windermere
Reviewed April 20, 2012

Although we have experienced a few of the national hotels in the area, we keep coming back to Stein. There is no peer-in service or quality. Stein is still THE PLACE to stay in Park City.

Room Tip: Stay in the main lodge
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Danville, California
Reviewed April 16, 2012

It is hard to travel and have meetings with over 100 executives but 150 that is crazy. That being said the hotel is easy to get to, the staff is friendly, and the environment surpasses expectations.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business