“Convenient” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #24 of 60 Hotels in Park City
Los Angeles, California, United States
“Convenient”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

I have stayed at the Shadow Ridge off and on for about 15 years. It's a solid and convenient hotel located right at the base of the PCMR. Staff was great and very accommodating. The rooms however were somewhat different. I stayed in a "hotel" room and it clearly had been years since it was updated. There were holes in the wall, the shower door was broken, and it just felt beat up. In addition it had a very old tv and even had a vcr! My parents stayed in a "casita" room and it was a night and day difference. Their room was clean, up to date, and modern. It had great furniture and flat screen tvs in each room. I could not believe it was the same hotel and would stay in that room next time. I will say that their wifi was so slow that it was essentially useless. My biggest complaint was with their pool. For all the years I have stayed there the best thing was getting into their hot outdoor pool after skiing versus their very scary and dirty indoor hot tub located in the basement (typically packed with people). Every day at 4pm they took the cover off and you had a very hot pool outside to stretch around in. I guess now they take the cover off in the morning so the pool is NOT warm at all for post ski relaxation. It was terribly cold and not a single person was using it. I urge the managers to read this and try to get into their supposedly "heated" pool in the evening and see how long they last and to see how many people ask to use the pool during the day time. Keep the cover on!

Room Tip: Do not stay in room 309 - it is old
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars
Branden P, General Manager at Shadow Ridge Resort Hotel, responded to this review, March 2, 2013
Kevin,

Thank you for writing a review on TripAdvisor. I appreciate it when guests take the time to voice how their stay was at the beautiful Shadow Ridge Hotel in Park City. When reading through the review I'd like to address a few of your issues you encountered. 1) The rooms at the hotel are individually owned condos which some are recently update verse others aren't. As of the beginning of the Winter season we've revamped out lodging options to give guests the option to pick from premium and standard rooms. This way you the 'guest' have the ability to pick and choose your experience at the hotel. 2) The pool, as you said in your review this was your biggest complaint. We have taken your advise and implemented this into our daily routine at the hotel. We are now covering our pool until 5pm so now when the slopes close at 4pm the pool will be nice and warm. Also, we've increased the temperature to 95 degrees to help with the relaxation.

Hopefully, my response addressed some of your concerns you had at the Hotel. We look forward to your return next season.

Have a wonderful day and safe trip home.

Shadow Ridge Hotel, GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

We payed an extra $20 a night to have the renovated room and it was well worth it. We ended up being upgraded from a 1 bedroom to 2 bedroom and had 3 balconies to view the ski slopes and 3 bathrooms! Having never stayed at a ski lodge before I don't know the difference between great and awful but we were extremely satisfied with shadow ridge. Not sure why it is only 2.5 stars because we thought it was more like 4 in australian standards. Our friends stayed at the mountain resort lodge and it was more like 2 stars and awful. The laundry was a big help and hot tub was nice after a day of skiing. Highly recommended accommodation

• Stayed February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars
Branden P, General Manager at Shadow Ridge Resort Hotel, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the 4 star review. As you stated in your review "All" guests have the option to upgrade to a nice renovated room at the hotel. We recommend guests to call the front desk or our central reservation office to make the necessary changes. We are open 24 hours during the winter season; December 15th - April 15th.

Hope you had a safe trip home and look forward seeing you next ski season.

New York, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

Love this place. Our second stay. One bedrooms are huge and very comfortable. Just a short walk to the slopes and buses to town. Hot tub, pool and gym. Only minus was the out of order sauna. Wouldn't think of staying anywhere else when skiing Park City.

• Stayed January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars
Branden P, General Manager at Shadow Ridge Resort Hotel, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Dear Guests,

Thank you so much for the great 5 star review. We at Shadow Ridge appreciate you taking the time to let us know how great your stay was and how you enjoyed Park City. Hope you have a great trip home and look forward to your third stay.

Have a great day and look forward to your return.

Midland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

There are multiple room styles here. We stayed in "the hotel room", 2 beds, mini fridge, microwave. Clean and well cared for. Our window looked right up the mountain And had good light. Shower with built in jacuzzi so you could use it either way. Only negative was the wireless Internet, it's slow and breaks on a regular basis (self healing, but it's a pain).

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Branden P, General Manager at Shadow Ridge Resort Hotel, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Charles,

Thank you so much for staying with us over the holiday season. I am pleased you enjoyed your room and housekeeping was up to your standards. I am sorry you experienced issues with the internet, I will talk to my techie's to see if we can get the issues fixed asap. Hope you had a safe trip back home and we look forward to meeting you again soon.

Memphis, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

We enjoyed our stay at Shadow Ridge. Good location for a non ski in/out. Room's are a bit dated, but were clean and had no major issues. It would have been nice to be able to check in early, but they held our luggage while checked out the village area. We would stay there again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
Branden P, General Manager at Shadow Ridge Resort Hotel, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Gary,

Thank you for staying at Shadow Ridge Hotel. I appreciate your feedback on the hotel. I know you are traveling some distance to Park City, but when you return later this year or next winter please contact me directly and I would be more than happy to get you in one of our updated rooms for your stay. Please keep in mind while booking a room at Shadow Ridge Hotel you can choose an option such as a Premium room or Standard room. When talking to potential guests I always recommending booking the upgraded room. Yes, its a bit more but you get the full experience of the hotel and its rooms. Hope you had a safe trip back to Memphis.

Think Snow!!

Thanks,

Park City, Utah, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

Located right at Park City Mountain Resort, this hotel is literally steps away from ice skating, world class skiing, and this past weekend was the world cup finals for Snowboard Half-pipe - needless to say this hotel has the perfect location! World-class restaurants within 5 mins of walking, museums, art galleries, and local holes in the wall and nooks make for an exciting time here in Park City.

Friendly staff, and clean, spotless rooms made for an excellent stay. I've also been told that nothing in the rooms are guaranteed - since each room is owned by a different person and each room is decorated to a different style, the only thing that is guaranteed is that each time you stay here you're sure to have a different experience!

5 stars if you ask me. KUDOS!

Room Tip: Stay in room 103 or 310 - trust me
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guests,

Thank you for writing a very in depth review about Shadow Ridge Hotel and its location. As you stated in your review the hotel is literally a short walk to the slopes. Thank you for acknowledging the staff and the cleanliness of the rooms. From all the guest reviews such as yours we pride on taking these comments to heart and improve our hotel, staff and service for future guests.

Hope you have a safe trip home!

Greensboro, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

To be honest when I was coming to stay at Shadow Ridge I wasn't expecting too much because of the low cost to stay. My stay at Shadow Ridge ended up being the best and most pleasant stay I've ever had on a trip! Most importantly was the great service and awesome attitude that Ashley at the front desk gave me and my friends every time we came down in the morning or from coming in off the slopes. She was always so pleasant and always asked how everything was and if we needed anything and just generally always in a great mood with a huge smile! She definitely added a big part to my great experience at Shadow Ridge and when I come back to Park City I know where I will be staying, Shadow Ridge!! Great job Shadow Ridge and Ashley. I will highly recommend Shadow Ridge to all of my friends and family.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars
Branden P, General Manager at Shadow Ridge Resort Hotel, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Zach,

Thank you so much for the 5 star review and mentioning one of my employees. Ashley strives to give superb customer service and try's to make everybody feel at home once they arrive. We at the Shadow Ridge Hotel want to thank you for staying at the hotel and experiencing one of the gems of Park City.

Hope you had a great trip and safe travels home.

Travelers also viewed these Park City hotels
Marriott's Summit Watch
#7 of 60 in Park City
4.5 of 5 stars 511 reviews
BEST WESTERN PLUS Landmark Inn

Been to Shadow Ridge Resort Hotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Shadow Ridge Resort Hotel

Property: Shadow Ridge Resort Hotel
Address: 50 Shadow Ridge Rd, Park City, UT 84098
Location: United States > Utah > Wasatch Range > Park City
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Shuttle Bus service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#6 Top resorts Hotel in Park City
#21 Family Hotel in Park City
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Shadow Ridge Resort Hotel 2.5*

Stunning views and uncommon affordability make this resort property an ideal destination for couples, friends, families, and of course, larger business groups - home to more than 4,000 square feet of meeting space between four rooms.

Besides Shadow Ridge's exceptional proximity to the ski resort, guests enjoy being close to the galleries, restaurants, boutiques, and nightlife of Park City's Historic Main Street -- just a short half-mile walk or an even shorter half-mile ride via our complimentary on-demand shuttle service. And guests will find no easier access to ski and snowboard rentals than the clothing and rental shop that neighbors the front desk in our newly-remodeled lobby. Moreover, the Park City Municipal Golf Course is just steps away and transforms into a cross country skier's dream in winter, winding through rolling low hills and snow-tipped old growth trees.

Choose from a variety of accommodations, including everything from smaller hotel rooms with cozy private balconies to spacious 1- and 2-bedroom condos complete with full kitchens, warm fireplaces, and comfortable dining areas.

... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, Odigeo and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Shadow Ridge Resort Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Shadow Ridge Hotel Park City