We chose Shadow Ridge for our Ski-cating hotel. All in all it was great as long as your expectations aren't too high.
There were good and bad things about this property. The price was amazing in comparison to nearby resorts. The size of our condo was incredible, it was enormous!!!
Things that were questionable. On arrival, the code we were given didn't open the doors. In low season you are to check yourself in, and we ended up having to call a maintenance person as the doors were broken.
The hot tub is very old school. It's in a room in the basement that could use an upgrade. It was fine, clean, hot and big... It was just a little retro. When we arrived the sauna was broken. 2 days later somehow put up a sign that said "closed for the season". Considering we were there for the season start, I found this a little dubious.
A lot of things in our condo seemed to break or work sometimes: our alarm clock, our humidifier, the hot water in one of our showers and our elevator. Our place came with a fireplace, but there were no instructions or wood along with it... so we didn't end up being able to use it.
Things that were awesome:
We rented a 2bdrm place and got 3 bathrooms!! All 3 had showers and bathtubs! The rooms were really enormous, we had so much space, it was unreal. We also had 3 balconies, all with great views of the ski hill. There were lots of dishes and cutlery. We could have fed about 12 people with no trouble if we had wanted to.
We had our snowboards/skis waxed in the Shadow Ridge shop and they did an awesome job and it was only $25! We dropped them off after a day of skiing and picked them up the next morning, it was very convienent.
As long as you are looking for value and not 5 stars, you will love this place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stunning views and uncommon affordability make this resort property an ideal destination for couples, friends, families, and of course, larger business groups - home to more than 4,000 square feet of meeting space between four rooms. Besides Shadow Ridge's exceptional proximity to the ski resort, guests enjoy being close to the galleries, restaurants, boutiques, and nightlife of Park City's Historic Main Street -- just a short half-mile walk or an even shorter half-mile ride via our complimentary on-demand shuttle service. And guests will find no easier access to ski and snowboard rentals than the clothing and rental shop that neighbors the front desk in our newly-remodeled lobby. Moreover, the Park City Municipal Golf Course is just steps away and transforms into a cross country skier's dream in winter, winding through rolling low hills and snow-tipped old growth trees. Choose from a variety of accommodations, including everything from smaller hotel rooms with cozy private balconies to spacious 1- and 2-bedroom condos complete with full kitchens, warm fireplaces, and comfortable dining areas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Agoda, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Shadow Ridge Resort Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shadow Ridge Hotel Park City
- Shadow Ridge Park City
- Shadow Ridge Resort Hotel Park City, Utah