“Needs improvement”

Shadow Ridge Resort Hotel
Ranked #32 of 60 Hotels in Park City
Reviewed September 5, 2012

The first night that we arrived we were in a room that was old and outdated. The water didn't work in the showers and the air conditioner didn't work. One bed still had hair on the pillows and sheets. We called down to the desk and they were gone for the night. The next day we talked to the desk and they gave us a credit for that night and they moved us to a better room. The new room was very nice and clean and it looked similar to their photograph. If you stay here make sure that you are getting one of the nicer rooms or you will not be pleased.

Room Tip: Make sure to ask for one of their good rooms.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank troy d
Branden P, General Manager at Shadow Ridge Resort Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2012

Troy, I am sorry your first night didn't go well. We strive for excellence and appreciate the feedback. I am glad to see you were able to to upgrade you the next day and solve any other issues. Hope you had a safe trip back home.

There are newer reviews for Shadow Ridge Resort Hotel

Reviewed August 25, 2012

I arrived late one night for my stay in one of the hotel units, and discovered the door could easily be pushed open. I was too tired to deal with it, and fell asleep. The next morning, I was very concerned and spoke to Kirk, Branden, and Randy. They were very attentive and understanding, and moved me immediately to the next-door unit which turned out to be a suite with a kitchen. This was an added surprise, and made my visit with my daughter so much nicer than it could have been. The door situation was quite spooky the first night and I was really turned off to the resort even though I've stayed there before. By the end of my 5 nights, I had such a nice time in the condo unit that I forgot about the spooky night and decided to come back again next summer.

Room Tip: Skip the hotel room and reserve a condo unit with kitchen--it's so much bigger and more convenie...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Branden P, General Manager at Shadow Ridge Resort Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2012

Christina,

Thank you for the wonderful review. I am happy that we were able to take care of you, especially after the rough start. Hope you had a safe trip back California. We at the Shadow Ridge Hotel look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed August 22, 2012

Rented a condo unit at Shadow Ridge Resort which was a very spacious 2 BR 3 Bath with very nice amenities. Enjoyed the room very much. Disappointed in the very small swimming pool which is right next to the road and never was very clean the 2 days we stayed. Construction on the road by the parking garage shut down the parking. We were instructed to park in the ski resort parking lot, ignore the tow away signs, and to climb over the cement barriers to get to the hotel. Found this a bit awkward especially since the top of said wall was used as an ash tray for the smoking in that area. One more thing: When I check out I always search the room to ensure I have all belongings. When I looked under the bed I could tell by the various trash items and dust it had not been cleaned for quite some time. Just a couple things kept it from being a great review.

Room Tip: Rooms on the north are quieter and due to extremely slow and small elevators get as close to ground...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Richard_from_Utah

Dear Guests,

Thank you for spending your Anniversary Weekend with us and the review. I am sorry that you had to experience the road construction around Park City Mountain Resort. With having the road construction we do ask all guests to park across the street based on the road being closed and guests not being able to access our parking garages. Again, I am sorry you didn't experience 100% guest satisfaction. If you do plan on coming back to Park City and choosing the Shadow Ridge Hotel please call the hotel directly and we will do our best to make sure you are completely taken care of. Have a wonderful day and safe travels!

Reviewed August 14, 2012 via mobile

Room was spacious and had a great view, small kitchen/wash basin and huge spa bath. Gym, spa and sauna good. Pool small. No bar or dining area but plenty of choice nearby. Right at the hub of the resort shuttle system.

• Stayed: August 2012
Branden P, General Manager at Shadow Ridge Resort Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2012

Dear Guests,

Thank you for the review. Glad to hear the rooms were up to your standards. Yes we have no bar and/or dining on property but there are wonderful restaurants within walking distance. Plus, there is a free bus shuttle system in Park City that runs every 15 minutes. Just another way to get around if needed.

Thank you again for the review.

Branden Peck
Shadow Ridge Hotel, GM

Reviewed August 11, 2012

My wife and I went to Shadow Ridge off season for an anniversary getaway and were very surprised by the size of the room... well, apartment really, the beauty of Park City, and just how clean everything is kept. Since we arrived after 6 P.M. there was no one at the front desk, but a call on the hotel phone connected us with a very pleasant young woman who checked us in, told us how to get our keys, and in 3 minutes we were head up to our room. THE ROOM! What a shock! It was over 600 sq.' and had two bathrooms, separate master bedroom, dinning room, kitchen, and balcony. I've stayed at hotels across the county and in several other countries and for value this place is not to be believed. Lovely furnishings, use of a full kitchen, and overall clearness/sharpness of appearance make this place a must visit. I'll be coming back again for certain. Note: the Fresh Market has great fruits and vegetables, a surprising selection of foods (think small Von's Pavilion) and friendly staff... open 24 hours. If I could give the place a 6 I would.

Room Tip: Can't go wrong... we were in an inside room, so for a better view go with the south side of the...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Branden P, General Manager at Shadow Ridge Resort Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2012

Thank you for the wonderful review. We at Shadow Ridge are glad you had a wonderful anniversary getaway. Look forward to your return stay. Safe Travels!

Reviewed August 8, 2012

Room was nice, walls were thin, but we were caught off guard by the 10AM checkout listed on the inside of the room door. Fortunately we were granted a 11AM late checkout after a little push-shove negotiating with front desk. We stayed single Saturday night, local Utahn who loves Park City. Good location, price reasonable
based on location.

Room Tip: Call as early as possible for late checkout.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Guests,
Thank you for the review. I am sorry you got caught off guard by the 10am check-out. On the back of some of the room doors there are old check-out times. Most of the owners have removed that documentation but it looks like you found owner that hadn't. (If you could call the FD at your convenience to let me know what room you stayed that would be greatly appreciated.) At all check-in's we hand out a pack that states the proper check-out times. I will make sure my Front Desk staff are move vigilant on making sure new guests know that information. Again, I am sorry for the inconvenience and hopefully we will get a chance to make it up to you. Have a wonderful day and safe travels!

Reviewed August 5, 2012

Stayed three nights at the property for a local soccer tournament in early August 2012. My son had booked a room earlier online and the online website didn't ever respond with a confirmation or email confirmation. So he booked again and received the appropriate confirmations. Upon checking in, he was informed that he had two reservations. Calls to the online website placed the ultimate responsibility on the hotel to authorize the cancellation but the front desk staff were unable to do anything without the manager to help. Each time my son called back to talk to the manager, he was informed he wasn't available. Eventually, late afternoon, after multiple calls to the front desk and to the online site, the hotel finally cancelled the duplicate reservation without a fee.

We arrived later in the day and I was a little concerned after hearing the difficulties my son had experienced, but we were able to check right into our room without any problem. We had a two bedroom unit, obviously a privately owned unit. The unit was in decent shape. However, there were a number of very noticeable stains on the carpet in the living area, the toilet in the master bath wouldn't stop running unless you took the cover off the tank and fiddled with the chain, the king bed in the master bedroom had an obvious slant to one side, so I felt like I was falling out of bed all night, and the thermostats were unresponsive, until we figured out the "secret".

Nice full kitchen with dishes. Tile entryway and carpet throughout. Though, based on the stains in the front room, I was a little hesitant to walk around bare foot. Everything seemed clean, though. Plenty of towels, dish soap, etc.

Master bath was very nice with oversized shower and two basins in a separate part of the bathroom.

Flat screen TVs/VCRs in all rooms, though the channel selection was limited.

WiFi in our North west end of the building was poor. Even when we could get a signal it was very slow. Didn't try it in the lobby, so not sure of the speed was better there.

Upon check in we were advised by the front desk that the only parking was to the south, in an open lot across the street. To get to the property you had to either walk around a long concrete barrier, or climb over it with your bags. There were a couple of very small stalls at the front entrance for loading and unloading. After the first day, we found that there was a small underground parking lot accessible by room key on the east of the building. Not too many stalls. Probably good that not many people knew about it...

The view from our rooms was of the parking lot at The Lodge to the west, but this hotel is located in a densely built area, so there isn't much hope of a real fantastic view, though you are a very short walk from the "Mountain Village" where the Alpine Slide and Coaster are, along with a few restaurants, shops and other hotels/lodges. The local transit also runs regularly just a short walk from the entrance to take you downtown or anywhere else in the area that the bus runs. And it's only a couple of minutes drive to Old Main if you want to drive on your own.

The pool is very small and located right outside the front entrance, next to the street, and it was cold. Signage with directions to the pool is limited and when you get to the end of the hall, there is nothing to tell you which way to proceed. There were a few towels available for the pool, but not many. Because of road construction on the street immediately east of the hotel, there was a lot of dust blowing by while we were there with the grandkids. Not the hotels fault, though. But having the pool right out next to the street invites similar issues.

Nice big hot tub in the basement of the property as well as a fitness room and laundromat.

Housekeeping staff removed garbage, replaced towels, ran the dishwasher and straightened up, but didn't make the beds, which is ok by me. I don't need someone to make my bed for me everyday when I'm in a hotel.

All in all, though there were a few inconveniences, we had a good stay and the price was decent considering there was an arts festival, a soccer tournament and a tattoo convention in town all at the same time. The location is good for access to any of the local venues by foot or transit, or driving.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Branden P, General Manager at Shadow Ridge Resort Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2013

Ned,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Shadow Ridge Hotel. I am sorry you experienced a few issues with our online booking engine. I am glad we were able to take care of you throughout your stay. It was a pleasure reading your review on insightful it was and how thorough you were with the review.

Hope to see you next summer and safe travels.

Thanks,