“Noisy!”

Shadow Ridge Resort Hotel
Ranked #32 of 60 Hotels in Park City
Reviewed August 9, 2011

The location was beautiful, the room was old and outdated, but ok., and we only stayed one night. The reason we are giving it a poor review is that the room adjacent to us became a "party room" from about 10:00 p.m. to 4:00 a.m. and as the walls are fairly thin, we could hear all the noise. There was no one available at the front desk, so we couldn't voice our concerns (or move to a different room). In the morning, I spoke to the front desk person and asked if I could speak to the manager as we got very little sleep---he was out that day, but I left my email address, but I have yet to hear from him and it's been 4 days since we stayed there. I should have heeded the advice of another reviewer for this property as he/she had a similar unfortunate experience.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
jpratt75, General Manager at Shadow Ridge Resort Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2011

Dear clients,

I regret to read this type of review. It is always our intention to strive for outstanding customer service and a great experience at the Shadow Ridge.We just recently took over this property, and we are working hard to make this a premier spot for your vacation. As the GM I had no idea that this had happened, Even though the Front Desk was closed there are signs posted saying to dial 0 to be connected with out After Hours Associates and that they could help you. These are the types of things we are working on correcting as the new management company in charge of Shadow Ridge.

I regret the confusion, and we will continue to work to the best of our ability to service clients.

Shadow Ridge is a wholly owned condominium facility. Each unit is unique and offers it own charm. As always if a client is looking for a specific type of unit we are always happy to showcase all units we have available and allow them to make a personal choice based on their specific expectations.

Reviewed August 7, 2011

My husband and I thought this hotel was a budget-friendly option for park city. We booked the hotel sized room for $75 per night, which included free parking. We arrived after-hours and found the check-in process simple. Cons: The room itself was a bit dark, the bed a bit saggy, and the shower and air conditioning were a bit tempermental. (We ran out of hot water the first day. ) The treadmill in the gym had a broken display screen, and the used cleaning wipes were piled in a corner because there was no trash can. On the plus side, we were able to walk to main street, which is less than a mile away. The alpine slides and free shuttles to main street were right across the street. Overall, for the price and location, we have no regrets for this trip, but we would try another hotel next time.

• Stayed: August 2011

Dear clients,

I regret to read this type of review. It is always our intention to strive for outstanding customer service and a great experience at the Shadow Ridge.We just recently took over this property, and we are working hard to make this a premier spot for your vacation. As the GM I had no idea that this had happened. I appreciate you letting us know, so that we can improve and take care of these issues.

Reviewed July 31, 2011

The location was good. My husband and I stayed here for a week with our grandson on a group tour. When we encountered problems they were dealt with very pleasantly and quickly. But I don't understand why we had these problems. In summer there is someone in reception from 9 am to 5 pm only. We arrived at 5:30 pm. When we checked in, there was a total of 2 towels. Doesn't work for 3 people. I called and got towels delivered from sister resort. Then I noticed we had no drinking glasses and no ice bucket, so called again. Next day - 2 towels again. Since we arrived back from activities after 5 pm, I called again for towels. The next morning I tracked down a housekeeper and explained our problem - including that we had arrived with only a partial roll of toilet paper and now had little left - along with the 2 towels for 3 people problem. And no there were not extra towels or toilet paper in the vanity. That day we got all we needed. One day we were skipped completely. Housekeeper supervisor came and emptied trash and brought towels. The last day beds were not made. I heard from fellow participants in 3 other rooms that they were skipped by housekeeping during the week also. Again, the problems were solved fairly quickly and very courteously, but I don't understand why these problems should have arisen. For our group stay we were all in standard rooms. Nothing fancy at all. WIFI connection was meager or non-existent. I had the best luck in the lobby. No luck in the room.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank jocarose
jpratt75, General Manager at Shadow Ridge Resort Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2011

Dear clients,

I regret to read this type of review. It is always our intention to strive for outstanding housekeeping and customer service.

We just recently took over this property, and we are working hard to make this a premier spot for your vacation. As the GM I had no idea that this had happened, but I will make sure that this is fixed immediately. These are the types of things we are working on correcting as the new management company in charge of Shadow Ridge.

We appreciate the comments of this client as all comments afford us the opportunity to learn and improve. As with all reviews there are underlying, untold facts that could change the opinion of other interested parties. I appreciate Trip Advisor for giving us the chance to respond and perhaps fill in some of the missing information. Information that I hope will demonstrate that though our intention to return the phone did not go as smooth as we would have liked we were working in the best interest of the client and tried to go above and beyond to help them retrieve their lost items.

Reviewed July 13, 2011

Had the chance to join a friend for a night in a great suite. Very comfortable and roomy. Had two queen size beds to myself!!! Kitchen was complete with everything you might need to cook a meal. Nice and close to Park City skiing and night life! City buses were a bit noisy as they turned the corner and accelerated to get up the hill but all in all, a very nice place!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank Traveler3065
Jason R, General Manager at Shadow Ridge Resort Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2016

Reviewed July 7, 2011

Went up for the weekend and this place was well worth it! The service from the employees was fantastic and the room was clean and quiet! I would recommend this place to anyone and they would not be disappointed!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank coachgoose34

Reviewed June 29, 2011

Let us have a very early check in (before noon!)--front desk people were so nice and helpful. Upon check-out, front desk printed our boarding passes. Booked very early, then when checking our reservation saw where the hotel was having a special rate on rooms--I called and changed from room to a condo for the same price! ----lots of space! Clean--the entire place. Great location--can walk anywhere

Room Tip: the condo was great--lots of room to relax
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank mccr1976

Reviewed June 12, 2011

Myself and a friend stayed in a 1 bedroom suite in early spring. We got a good price (50% off) due to the lateness of the season, but got very lucky as it kept snowing well into late spring. Our room was great, full kitchen, 2 bathrooms, and lounge room with a double sofa bed. Cleaned everyday as well.

It is literally a 3 min walk to the bottom of the Park city resort lifts. About a ten minute walk to Main street. Free buses stop 100m away that will take you anywhere.

The pool is outside, and wasn't particularly warm, but the indoor spa is large which makes up for it, although it is tucked away and can be a little hard to find. There is a rental shop and car hire built into the building as well. The rental shop sells DISCOUNT LIFT TICKETS, so go there to buy them.

Reception is constantly manned and helpful. We had pretty good time.

Just remember the resort doesnt own the rooms, they are owned by private people, the resort just hires them out, so not all rooms are the same.

Room Tip: Check the their website for special offers!
  • Stayed: March 2011, traveled with friends